Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Think you've been drinking the cool-aid to much on categories here.

I just took this RIA through a combat pistol training course this past weekend. Straight out the box and close to 1,000 rounds without one single failure at all.
    Still cant beat the capacity of a poly pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    No you can't and that is exactly why I am going back to my Glock 19.

When I want to try out a new pistol I put them through these classes and it quickly identifies real world problems.

This is a 9mm model so I do have a bit more capacity at 8+1, but I was having to reload in drills far more than the other students. Also I really dislike a manual safety. It is just one more step that has to be taken before getting on target that you have to remember to articulate.

I'm actually in the process of getting this thing sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think you've been drinking the cool-aid to much on categories here.

I just took this RIA through a combat pistol training course this past weekend. Straight out the box and close to 1,000 rounds without one single failure at all.

I'm not claiming the others are not as reliable, I'm just saying gun owners have done a good job over the years of making up imaginary stuff. I am guilty of it too.
    No, you're just doing the opposite. You're conflating your one experience with the aggregate of experiences for a particular manufacturer. "My RIA works perfectly, therefore it's a perfectly good choice for everybody" isn't really a valid logical statement.

Most guns will work fine all the time. Nobody is saying that all RIAs are going to be inferior to all Colts. Well, at least that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that if someone is going to get one specifically for defensive use, the defensive tier models are more likely on average to be dependable than a target shooting tier models.

Honestly, fail rates are so small that almost all guns are likely to be effective. And with sufficient handling, you'll almost certainly be able to tell if there's a problem with any gun. But in the absence of pre-testing and breaking in, you just don't know.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I bet you could take an RIA and install a match grade barrel and shoot just as well.

Don't get me wrong, if I had money to spare a Wilson or Nighthawk would make a fine piece.
    RIA are good basic guns, function fine for the most part. Parts are complete crap, MIM/ Cast, frame is cast and prone to voids and irregularities that become obvious when you try to work on them. (Well, law of averages, obviously not every frame will have the same issues.)

Ruger/ Springfield are also cast, though they do a much better job proofing/ finishing the final product. They are also made to the true spec rather than converted from measuring a gun...

S&W makes the forgings from which Kimbers are machined (as well as Wilsons, IIRC), Colt also machines from forgings of their own sourcing. Kimber sticks to MIM throughout,which has led to some issues through the years, while others use MIM/ Casting/ EDM from forgings or whatever makes the right part.

Barrel fit, bushing fit, slide to frame fit, all contribute to accuracy and by the time you put enough into a RIA to get it to the quality of a starting Colt/ SA/ Kimber/ SW/ Ruger... well, you'd have more money than buying the other guns directly.

As for the custom shop colt or a les baer, ed brown, wilson combat, there are a whole host of other hand fit parts that are readily noticeable and contribute to the fit and fiinish/ trigger/ accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    Sure you can. The Caspian hicap frames are 18 base, with extensions to make them 24 rounds... That ignores the hybrid STI/ SVI frames (aluminum block with poly magwell). And that's 1911's, there's plenty of hicap aluminum frame guns out there from SIG/ Beretta et cetera.

Not that there's anything wrong with polymer guns, obviously, but variety is the spice of life...

"I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallup has a new poll out which indicates that maybe people in the US are tired of at least one part of the gun control agenda:

Gallup: In U.S., Support for Assault Weapons Ban at Record Low

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Looks like SGAmmo, PSA, MidwayUSA, and a lot of other mainstream online ammo suppliers are drying up already. lmao

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like SGAmmo, PSA, MidwayUSA, and a lot of other mainstream online ammo suppliers are drying up already. lmao
    If Hillary wins, the ammo and gun manufacturers are going to make a huge profit. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If Hillary wins, the ammo and gun manufacturers are going to make a huge profit. lol!
    I've got about 20,000 rounds of 223/556 and a few cases of pmags (little over 200) set aside strictly for selling for the election. I don't think Trump is going to win and I can turn $10,000 into $30,000 or more with ease if Clinton is elected.

I would even go as far as to say I could do the turn-over in 30 to 60 days.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-11-08 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got about 20,000 rounds of 223/556 and a few cases of pmags (little over 200) set aside strictly for selling for the election. I don't think Trump is going to win and I can turn $10,000 into $30,000 or more with ease if Clinton is elected.

I would even go as far as to say I could do the turn-over in 30 to 60 days.
    Smart. Personally, I have all the ammo I should need for the rest of my life. So whoever wins is not going to have a impact on my guns or ammo accessibility. While I think Hillary will push for more restrictive gun control laws and I am not supportive of that, I am not one of those who thinks she will go on a gun grabbing rampage ether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Smart. Personally, I have all the ammo I should need for the rest of my life. So whoever wins is not going to have a impact on my guns or ammo accessibility. While I think Hillary will push for more restrictive gun control laws and I am not supportive of that, I am not one of those who thinks she will go on a gun grabbing rampage ether.
    I rarely even shoot factory ammo anymore, I reload almost everything. I've got about 30,000 CCI primers (small rifle / small pistol) and about 50lbs of various gunpowder. Brass will always be easy to come by, bullets too.

I mean for example, you can get 5,000 processed 9mm brass for under $200.

But yea, panic selling isn't about what a candidate might do, or even if they can. Its about perception and I'm all about some capitalism.

Or you can call it profiteering, IDGAF :P Its a commodity that isn't required for life or limb, so Ill sleep great.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-11-08 at 04:32 AM.

Well, looks like my opportunity at a windfall of cash is gone now. I'm sort of torn that Trump won. lmao

Well, looks like my opportunity at a windfall of cash is gone now. I'm sort of torn that Trump won. lmao
    Looks like you picked a whole bouquet of oopsie-daisies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well the California prop passed to require background checks to buy ammunition......So looks like I should learn to reload.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Well the California prop passed to require background checks to buy ammunition......So looks like I should learn to reload.
    The reloading market is gonna go through the market there I think lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl! I am very happy at your lost. lol. J/K. I am glad he won.

Well the good thing is, in general, new ammo and and magazines don't depreciate in value. lol

- - - Updated - - -

lmao gun stocks dropping...

Sturm, Ruger & Co (RGR):
    - 13.52%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/RGR?ltr=1

Smith and Wesson Holding company (SWHC):
    -13.22%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SWHC?ltr=1

Vista Outdoors Inc. (VSTO) Savage and Federal
    -3.75%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/VSTO?ltr=1

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the good thing is, in general, new ammo and and magazines don't depreciate in value. lol

- - - Updated - - -

lmao gun stocks dropping...

Sturm, Ruger & Co (RGR):
    - 13.52%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/RGR?ltr=1

Smith and Wesson Holding company (SWHC):
    -13.22%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SWHC?ltr=1

Vista Outdoors Inc. (VSTO) Savage and Federal
    -3.75%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/VSTO?ltr=1
    Now I just need to wait and figure out when to buy. I'm thinking once the tri-republican pres/senate/congress start passing bills, their stock will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Now I just need to wait and figure out when to buy. I'm thinking once the tri-republican pres/senate/congress start passing bills, their stock will rise.
    I would keep an eye on companies like SilencerCo, AAC, Gemtech, etc etc - if we can get suppressors removed from the NFA registery gonna see a huge boom.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would keep an eye on companies like SilencerCo, AAC, Gemtech, etc etc - if we can get suppressors removed from the NFA registery gonna see a huge boom.
    Seriously the stupidest thing on the NFA registry. It's a freaking safety feature. Of course, if they get removed, not only would I watch their stock, I'd be buying a handful of them for myself. I know the USP needs one, as firing a .40 in my house would be terrible for my ears, but it might be kinda fun to put one on the M1A and the .300WM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Seriously the stupidest thing on the NFA registry. It's a freaking safety feature. Of course, if they get removed, not only would I watch their stock, I'd be buying a handful of them for myself. I know the USP needs one, as firing a .40 in my house would be terrible for my ears, but it might be kinda fun to put one on the M1A and the .300WM.
    While the backlog is horrendous right now, even with the $200 tax it's easy enough to get one, so why not? (Not sure about silencing the m1a though)

I'd have even more (have 2 now, 1 on the way, and planning another) if they weren't NFA though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."