Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Losing Patience with Guild

Me and my guild have spent the last two nights on Dragons of Nightmare HC.

It took us 15+ attempts for Nythendra HC and I'm dreading Ursoc / Eye to come.
    I feel I could have done hc 7/7 now. I know the tactics like the back of my hand, and having to shout "FLOWERS" down my mic to remind them to step on them or tell them to focus adds on Eye...it's just painful now.

When you're in this situation, do you keep your patience or do you look for another, more advanced guild?

This is the first time I've raided since Cataclysm so I lack any recent raiding achievements.
    Also to note, I'm topping the DPS charts as an Affliction Warlock. Surely, that ain't right?

Input appreciated.

P.S they're decent guys, there's a good vibe in chat / team speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it sounds like you're not having fun in that guild, which means you should find another one in my opinion.

If you want to keep playing with them, you can add their battle tag or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in MoP, we had a tank who could just not get Stone Guard - We wiped on Stone Guard normal for 3 !@#$ing weeks. Then we replaced the tank, and proceeded to one-shot Stone Guard, Feng, and Garajal.

Rather then replacing a tank, if you wish to really progress, you will need to replace your team for a new one. Some people just aren't capable of raiding. With the raid newly released, its a good time to get into pug Heroic runs and earn a couple kills, at which point you can get into a solid heroic/mythic raiding guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people play this game for the social aspect. Some people play this game for high-level progression. Some people just play to have fun and relax after work. If your intentions and goals differ from those in your guild, it might very well be time to find a new one. Ask yourself why you play and go from there.

This happens more often than not. It's happened to me a bunch over the course of my raiding career in WoW. I've gone from Hardcore to casual and often find myself wanting more when I am with a casual team. More often than not I politely bowed out and tried to find a better fit. It all depends on what you want as a raider. If you want more and this team just isn't cutting it for you, that's totally fine. Be a stand up guy, let them know and head on to another pasture. A Raid Leader and a Guild Leader that cares will respect you more for being honest and letting them know and you won't burn a bridge in the event that you ever need a new home to go back to.

As a raid leader myself now I live by this motto: You're on the team or you aren't. It's your choice but pick one no hard feelings from me either way. It's your $15/mo spend it how you choose.

Jump ship! it's good for everyone. Maybe your guild doesn't care, maybe they lose a valuable player and they are forced to rethink things. And of course you are free to join a higher tier guild. Assuming you stay on the same server you can always go back eventually. Jump ship but don't burn bridges

Who is the raid leader? This should be all things they should be designating and calling out. If you are not enjoying it then talk to the officers and get some structure in the raid, otherwise leave.

If your intentions and goals differ from those in your guild, it might very well be time to find a new one. Ask yourself why you play and go from there.
    This is great advice. If you do decide to move we one shot dragons on HC and are always looking for more dps! (Really opportunistic I know!) Poke me on PM if you do decide to leave and we can have a chat.

Come and raid with us Frank ; )
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Instead of just saying "keep them" or "dump them" I think I'd rather ask you a few questions. How you answer them might give you some insight on how to decide the answer for yourself:

1) How you found this guild in the first place?

2) Did you speak to any of them before you joined? What questions did they ask you, and what questions did you ask them, when you were interviewing each other to see if the fit was good?

3) Did you inspect any of their veterans on the armory to see what their raid progress and achievements were?

4) What were your expectations of this guild, and what evidence or basis did you have that made these expectations realistic?

5) Is it just one or two players in the raid that are holding you back, or all of them? (be honest)

6) You play an Affliction Warlock, which by all standards is pretty terrible right now. It's likely few guilds, if any, would have a spot for you on their raid teams. Are you prepared and can you accept not raiding and being left behind in progression even more, in case it takes you some time to find a guild with a spot for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most guilds are trash that is more or less a PUG with microphones.

Some guilds are uber elite and you won't get a raid spot in one.

The golden dream of the infinitesimal middle ground is incredibly difficult to find. I literally have not found it personally since Cataclysm, so... good luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Come and raid with us Frank ; )
    Well, I did send you an application. Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Well, I did send you an application. Remember?
    I don't think I could ever forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

in a similar issue... i've given up hope, first two raid nights we did 2 bosses on normal.. uhg. i rush and pushed to get to 840+ and some people on the raid team don't even have the 3rd relic slot unlocked. i've just started looking for a new group, i'll help out my old one but not going to depend on that for "progression" GL on finding a grp that fits!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Me and my guild have spent the last two nights on Dragons of Nightmare HC.

It took us 15+ attempts for Nythendra HC and I'm dreading Ursoc / Eye to come.
    I feel I could have done hc 7/7 now. I know the tactics like the back of my hand, and having to shout "FLOWERS" down my mic to remind them to step on them or tell them to focus adds on Eye...it's just painful now.

When you're in this situation, do you keep your patience or do you look for another, more advanced guild?

This is the first time I've raided since Cataclysm so I lack any recent raiding achievements.
    Also to note, I'm topping the DPS charts as an Affliction Warlock. Surely, that ain't right?

Input appreciated.

P.S they're decent guys, there's a good vibe in chat / team speak.
    You have to decide whether progression above all is better than the people you're currently in the guild with. Everyone has a different speed they wish to achieve their goals.

As far as calling things out most good raid leaders call out things as they happen. You saw it in every single Method video and they were #1 for a while. It's also why mods like VEM for DBM speak notifications because people people react faster than seeing the timers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Jump ship.
    In the end it's better than losing your patience and causing drama.

If the majority of the guild / raid team sees no problem with their rate of progress and are having fun, it's not your place to sort them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    stick it out with them and get 7/7 (good luck on cenarius) hc then ditch them asap. if you want to get into a decent guild, the more experience the better.

Dang that sucks hate it when that happens

Has your guild cleared 7 normal yet? If you're having this much trouble on heroic.. as a guild, you may want to take a step back and go into normal.

If you're thinking about jumping ship because you aren't happy with this guild..Simply get some decent parses and leave. I would how-ever suggest going demo or destro as affliction warlocks aren't really saught after right now.

It sucks when you feel like your guild isn't on the same level as you. Change your environment until you're happy and are playing with people at your level. Keep in mind though, if you aren't as good as you think you are... When you go to a better guild you will quickly realize it.

you get to be a big fish in a small pond with your current guild

or

you can join a hardcore mythic guild and be a minnow in an ocean while the sharks come to swallow you up . . .

your choice.