Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    anyone has mentioned it but the dh in method came 2nd on their mythic ursoc kill. Pretty decent if you ask me. My only worry is my ww monk which seems to be nowhere
    Mythic ursoc isnt single target anymore, its cleave.

and if thats it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0PVuQqaqI
    then he was third according to dmg meter, with 390k dps he got there he would be below enh shammy assuming nothing else did better which already isnt true cause that retri would jump above arms...ill guess 8-9th position, on cleave fight, nothing really amazing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=95
    Last edited by mmoc9df192782d; 2016-09-29 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davoodoo92 View Post
    So what ST fight do you want to be good at? Nythandra? Almost every fight this tier is cleave or AOE so if DH shine in that situation then they're going to be wanted because at the end of the day your job as a damage dealer is to do damage and kill the boss AND the adds not tunnel one target all the way to a wipe.

Deleted
    Would you prefer heroic ursoc from 1day?? over 10 times more parses for every class.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=95&boss=1841

18th out of 24 in single target.

ilgynoth
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=95&boss=1873
    47k(14%) in aoe behind mm hunter.

Why would you take dh over hunter or monk or rogue??
    I really don't like our ST DPS too, but just look at DKs... man they suck at everything DPS wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I see what you did there...

I am pretty sure you still topple most melee on movement-intensive fights.
    Bring an MM hunter, no need for sustained melee damage. Or a mage. Or both. OP is correct though, nerfing glaive the way they did was silly. Our AOE is still retarded, barely any change, but ST is markedly lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    So what ST fight do you want to be good at? Nythandra? Almost every fight this tier is cleave or AOE so if DH shine in that situation then they're going to be wanted because at the end of the day your job as a damage dealer is to do damage and kill the boss AND the adds not tunnel one target all the way to a wipe.
    It's not so much about wanting to be good at ST, it's more that the nerf was nonsensical. They could've nerfed blade dance, barrage, secondary targets from glaive or fel rush, but no, they just flat nerfed glaive, which impacts ST damage, which didn't at all need a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they didnt nerfed glaive

Unless you mean Fury of the Illidari or bloodlet.

Deleted
    And they did nerf Fel Rush talent, hard

15+ Year Old Account

and if thats it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0PVuQqaqI
    then he was third according to dmg meter, with 390k dps he got there he would be below enh shammy assuming nothing else did better which already isnt true cause that retri would jump above arms...ill guess 8-9th position, on cleave fight, nothing really amazing.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=95
    He is also 876ilv with a legendary ..

Poor BM Hunters. They need some serious buffs. The 5% BM buff of the hotfixes + the barrage nerf was a joke.

I don't get all the hate towards the DH, i understand that the DH AOE should be tone down a bit but without affecting the ST. The problem with DH dear friends is there is 2 specs, 1 dps spec and 1 tank spec and that's it, we can change to another dps spec! They should set a value on HC gear like let's say 300K single and 375K AOE for stronger AOE classes and like 325K single and 350K AOE for more St classes and try to work all classes around that. With this we could choose our classes, the ones we want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Our AoE isn't fixed. I keep bursting 2M DPS in trash packs xd
    A feat numerous people pull off on dungeon trash.

Guess what, four classes destroyed you in aoe and St before the Nerf and they destroy you even harder now.

People don't realize these nerfs were directly aimed at casuals and appeasing forum whiners. DH were not topping Amy raid charts in serious guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post

Guess what, four classes destroyed you in aoe and St before the Nerf and they destroy you even harder now.

People don't realize these nerfs were directly aimed at casuals and appeasing forum whiners. DH were not topping Amy raid charts in serious guilds.
    This. With moderate, even with top players I played with long time before (now we're casual as far as time is concerned) I was on par with Fire Mage AoE, Hunt, Rogues who seem to be on the top. Now I don't and in ST I'm a joke with them. With average players I'm still topping and yes, the nerf comes from their demand and pvp Boyz.

Don't forget on charts of raid we were first also but people didn't realize it was before gearing/scaling of other classes who DO SCALE better than us. Mastery tweaks are needed. As Vanylis said, "I'm affraid we currently are a top class when not geared but normal after everyone is geared".
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2016-09-30 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I don't get all the hate towards the DH, i understand that the DH AOE should be tone down a bit but without affecting the ST. The problem with DH dear friends is there is 2 specs, 1 dps spec and 1 tank spec and that's it, we can change to another dps spec! They should set a value on HC gear like let's say 300K single and 375K AOE for stronger AOE classes and like 325K single and 350K AOE for more St classes and try to work all classes around that. With this we could choose our classes, the ones we want to play.
    That's only a problem if blizzard fail at balancing, we're no different than retri paladins in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post

I knew that before our nerfing, even though I think our AoE burst was over top. Then again, is something I don't care being nerfed as long as our ST/Cleave remains competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustrafael View Post
    I really don't like our ST DPS too, but just look at DKs... man they suck at everything DPS wise...
    Indeed and they should get buff, but that got nothing to do with dh.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    With 255k sustained on Ursoc it would put you on Worldoflogs. Not only that but if you're BOTTOM of your meters at 225k your guild must have some pretty insane damage dealers. Good job man. Either way if it's that bad Blizzard will make another change in a few weeks time, no need to lose your shit over it right away.
    Lol? 255k dps on ursoc is like way over 1400 on warcraftlogs. 225k dps is over 2500 for his class alone.

225k dps can very easily be the lowest dps in a good group even tanks do 150k+ dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    Mythic Nythendra isn't pure single target either with people getting mc'd and needing bursted down

I raided again this week and of course noticed the AoE and ST nerf, however the ST nerf wasn't as game breaking as people would have you think. The issue DH has, is more in line with the kind of abilities we have. We have so many more AoE base line abilities than we do ST, which also forces us to use some AoE abilities as part of our ST rotation. So any nerf on those AoE abilities is also a nerf on ST.

BASE LINE ABILITIES
    AOE
    Fury of the Illidari
    Eye Beam
    Fel Rush
    Blade Dance
    Throw Glave

ST
    Demon's Bite (if you didn't get Demon Blades)
    Chaos Strike

Because we have so many AoE abilities that we can hit at once, we were kings of AoE. The problem is that because we only have 2 base line ST abilities (which becomes 1 if we spec Demon Blades) we now have to fill in gaps in our rotation with AoE abilities. Becuase we have so many aoe abilities to pop at once on CDs, we become AoE gods, but we also depend on those CDs for Single Target. So nerfing AoE also directly nerfs ST which I do not feel is currently intended.
    IMO, they need to make an ability like Blade Dance a talent and make Felblade base line and adjust corresponding artifact talents and skill talents accordingly. This way, we lose some of that baseline AoE everyone complains about, but we get back ST dps with a new ability that is also a resource generator for us. They would need to revert the damage nerfs of the affected AoE abilities to make up for losing a massive aoe ability such as Blade Dance. From there, that talent tree line would be Bloodlet, Blade Dance and a new ability that might enhance Felblade or something else. This way we have the option on that talent tree level to spec into major AoE (BladeStorm), sustained dmg/ slight aoe (bloodlet if at maybe 100-125% bleed dmg) and the last ability can buff one of our single target abilities like felblade to work off of chaos damage or to have somekind of added bonus to it.

In my guild, the ST nerf was definitely noticable. Havoc DH that was 2nd on most fights, is now 2nd to last. I really don't know why people are still debating this. The ST nerf was not necessary.

The thing is, our AOE is still really strong. We're doing Heroic Renferal and I still wreck on the AOE spider parts.

Blizz missed the mark with this nerf. I feel like our ST got hit harder than our AOE did. Makes no real sense.

Our ST is depressingly low and our movement filled rotation is a hindurance to our raid for most mechanics. DH completely garbage now for raiding imo, feelsbad.