Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if you want to log and do "x" stuff and get a huge reward for any effort at all, just go to a moba, league of legends or dota dont know, this is supposed to be an RPG things take time, things are gated and patience is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    If you are falling behind on your artifact you are indeed dragging down your raid. If you are just doing normals or barely capable of doing heroics then it won't be as big of a deal but if you tried to step into mythics...well...no raid leader worth their weight in salt would take you.
    No we don't do mythic, only heroic since progressing through the same raid twice is retarded. I'm at artifact level 20 without doing any of the WQs and that's more than enough, artifact research will get me further in time but I guess someone with an elitist minmax mindset wouldn't get that. Some play to have fun, it's not the world series.

You want another WoD because complaints like that is how you get another WoD.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2016-10-01 at 11:32 PM.

OP, you're supposed to be selective of what World Quests you want... not do them all as though it's mandatory... -.-;

i play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Almost-neverending world quests

Practically-neverending 5mans

Neverending sources of warforged gear chances up to mythic ilevel and chances for legendary items each.

I personally started not doing world quests that much. It started with not caring about rep, then it moved to not doing gold and resources missions, and now I moved to not caring about the AP quests either, the lower ones at least. There is simply too much going on to find it sane to grind all those sources of gains.
    Sounds like a good thing.
    My MMO has too much content and I can't beat it.
    That's literally how MMO's are supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yeah, I hate having stuff to do.
    Same, I want to do ashran for ilvl 700 gear then raid log and play 5 hours a week on a MMO I pay a monthly sub for!

Deleted
    I do agree that Legion has way too much repetitive content right now. After 3 weeks of WQ's, i'm sick and tired of quests. I really hoped world quests would've be something more that leveling quests rehashed. Suramar is the worst timesink in a while, at least for alts. I have 3 110s and if one of my friends gets an arcway/cos keystone i'm screwed because of that shitty ass timegated diarrhea of a zone.

Why did blizzard even revisit the idea of timegating dungeons? I hated it in TBC and i hate it now.

Most wow players are fools that enjoy wasting their time. Legion has about the same amount of content as WOD with tanaan and highmaul did. They just dragged it out more in legion using the same structure as Diablo iii. More stuff to do means actually more (as in total number) dungeons and raids and pvp and new quests.

WOD Raid bosses in launch window? Seven. Legion? Seven. WOD starting areas? Seven. Legion? 4 and then Suramar. Dungeons in WOD? Eight. Dungeons in Legion? Nine. Etc. Etc. The total amount of core content is mostly the same only dragged out with tons of keying quests and other nonsense.

Legion makes you do the same crap over and over and FORCES you to do unfun stuff to get to the stuff you want to do. WOD was great because you could do what you found fun and let your garrisons do the rest. Yeah you ran out of stuff to do in WOD but nobody told Blizzard to release less content than Mists and call it a day.

Legion forces you to waste time on stupid crap over and over and time-gates everything. Professions are time-gated. Artifact Power is time-gated. PVP skills are time-gated. It took me like an hour per quest line on my druid to get my other artifact weapons and I got barely any xp. Worst of all, world quests are time-gated. It'd be ok if you could use world quests to do pick and chose from the start at 110 but you have to spend 2+ hours on some stupid scripted quests per character too to get there. It'd be nice if you could use the world quest system to level alts once you have a main get there too.

It's hard to feel that there's really any more content than WOD other than Suramar being ready on release (tanaan took a year). There's a little bit more cutscenes and voice acting which is nice but that's not core content just peripheral stuff.

What's irritating is that it's harder to do the things you enjoy with the Legion structure. The true lesson from WOD was to release more stuff (at least as much as Mists) in terms of raid tiers and dungeons, you know stuff that is unique to WOW and Blizzard does best, but nope ... gotta milk that dumb player base with pointless unfun quest chains that go on forever and ever and reward little to nothing.

What will be the worst is when there is more raiding content. People who played in BC and WotLK remember this. You had to take really sh*tty players because the player base that was keyed was much smaller than the general population. I have a bunch of smart friends that have real lives now that could probably play max 6 hours or so a week as a casual raider but nope, time-gating is back with a vengeance. Their grand experiment with WOD to appeal to an older and more mature player base is gone by releasing content that can be done weekly is gone. Now it's all about milking those stupid kids and college students and old unemployed people who value their time poorly.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 2016-10-02 at 01:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Most wow players are fools that enjoy wasting their time. Legion has about the same amount of content as WOD with tanaan and highmaul did. They just dragged it out more in legion using the same structure as Diablo iii. More stuff to do means actually more (as in total number) dungeons and raids and pvp and new quests.

WOD Raid bosses in launch window? Seven. Legion? Seven. WOD starting areas? Seven. Legion? 4 and then Suramar. Dungeons in WOD? Eight. Dungeons in Legion? Nine. Etc. Etc. The total amount of core content is mostly the same only dragged out with tons of keying quests and other nonsense.

Legion makes you do the same crap over and over and FORCES you to do unfun stuff to get to the stuff you want to do. WOD was great because you could do what you found fun and let your garrisons do the rest. Yeah you ran out of stuff to do in WOD but nobody told Blizzard to release less content than Mists and call it a day.

Legion forces you to waste time on stupid crap over and over and time-gates everything. Professions are time-gated. Artifact Power is time-gated. PVP skills are time-gated. It took me like an hour per quest line on my druid to get my other artifact weapons and I got barely any xp. Worst of all, world quests are time-gated. It'd be ok if you could use world quests to do pick and chose from the start at 110 but you have to spend 2+ hours on some stupid scripted quests per character too to get there. It'd be nice if you could use the world quest system to level alts once you have a main get there too.

It's hard to feel that there's really any more content than WOD other than Suramar being ready on release (tanaan took a year). There's a little bit more cutscenes and voice acting which is nice but that's not core content just peripheral stuff.

What's irritating is that it's harder to do the things you enjoy with the Legion structure. The true lesson from WOD was to release more stuff (at least as much as Mists) in terms of raid tiers and dungeons, you know stuff that is unique to WOW and Blizzard does best, but nope ... gotta milk that dumb player base with pointless unfun quest chains that go on forever and ever and reward little to nothing.

What will be the worst is when there is more raiding content. People who played in BC and WotLK remember this. You had to take really sh*tty players because the player base that was keyed was much smaller than the general population. I have a bunch of smart friends that have real lives now that could probably play max 6 hours or so a week as a casual raider but nope, time-gating is back with a vengeance. Their grand experiment with WOD to appeal to an older and more mature player base is gone by releasing content that can be done weekly is gone. Now it's all about milking those stupid kids and college students and old unemployed people who value their time poorly.
    Well arent you a fun character
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I downloaded an add-on for the world quests that helped me sort those out well. I do my daily cache, then I go about doing the world quests I have the time to do before they expire. Primarly focusing only Nightfallen and artifact power quests.
    Other then that I'm a bit meh about the rest of them, the only time I think I did as many as I could was the first few days of the expansion.

When it comes to 5 mans, I dont feel like I have to do each and every one of them. Focus on what can benefit your character the most. I do my daily HC, do my mythic dungeons and a couple of mythic+
    I recently rerolled Mage because my guild is lacking ranged.
    I felt the feeling your feeling now a little because I have to catch up to alot of what people have already cleared through.

I've been 110 for about 6 days and I managed to get this done without sitting here doing everything every single day:

- Geared up to 835 by doing HCs.
    - Nightfallen honored with 5k rep.
    - Cleared EM on normal
    - Finished my campaign today.
    - Done all Enchanting profession quests.
    - 18 traits in weapon.

I've done alot while having alot of free time to do other things also, but I didnt go about doing ALL the content availible to me, I only did what would benefit my character and it paid off!
    I'm sure if I played non stop wow for 6 days just farming through everything all the time my stats would be much better then what I got. But I'm happy with what I managed to do in just one week!

If you feel forced then you need to learn control or you're no better than an addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    I sometimes cannot believe people complaint about content when the last argument was that there was too little content.
    we have a different idea what content is.

Sounds like a good thing. Is the problem the majority of the populace left doesn't want this? The majority of WoW players over the years in total want this, but didn't return? Genuinely curious. No longer play the game, so I don't know whats going on. Been holding out for a progression server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Almost-neverending world quests

Practically-neverending 5mans

Neverending sources of warforged gear chances up to mythic ilevel and chances for legendary items each.

I personally started not doing world quests that much. It started with not caring about rep, then it moved to not doing gold and resources missions, and now I moved to not caring about the AP quests either, the lower ones at least. There is simply too much going on to find it sane to grind all those sources of gains.
    "I have too many things to do in the game and I'm complaining"

You guys would seriously complain if Blizzard gave you 10 grand and a brand new car. "What can I really buy with 10 grand?" "Ewww a Fiesta? You should have just given me the money!"
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I kinda believe people a lot of people need to stop playing wow and MMOs all together and find a less..demanding game to be competitive in.....like maybe Pokemon or Super Mario Maker....

By ignoring the stuff I don't wanna do, and using the gold I made from Garrisons & Auctioneering to skip everything else I possibly can.

Love it when a streamer/youtuber points out something and everybody all of a sudden notices irrelevant issue. its a timesink... now, but when youre done with your artifact, order halls, professions and gear... what else is there going to be? prestige, instance crawling... transmog grinding?
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

I do everything every day so that I don't have to do it later...

I am level 23 artifact level.
    Exalted with nightfallen
    Revered with all the other reps
    Pathfinder part 1 completed
    Playing till I'm exalted with all reps and max out my artifact weapon.

Then maybe I'll start an alt or just raid and not worry about being on after that

By quitting, because I don't have that much time to sink into this game. I did really enjoy what I played of Legion, though.

WoW is really just doing the same things over and over and over again. If you enjoy that, great. If you don't, you shouldn't be spending your precious time on it.