Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Will raiders end up quitting the game or buying gold in the next few weeks?

7.1 Blood vendor is still weeks away, and until then prices for pots/flasks are going to super high.

I spend about 35-40k on runes/pots/flasks a raid and it was fine a few weeks ago since I had tons of gold. But raiding three nights a week is really getting costly and not sure I'll make it til 7.1 unless I play this game constantly and farming while I'm not raiding 4-5 hours a night.

Anyone else facing this dilemma? The thing is that even if you buy a token, it's 20 dollars for a token that will JUST cover raid expenses for one night.

Or you could just not consume as much as you do. Save pots and runes for bosses where you have trouble beating enrage timers and only when you've learned to do the encounter flawlessly.

You can cook your own food and maybe pick up herbalism to farm your own flasks.

Your guild didn't recruit multi-boxing farmers? We got 8, they farm like fiends, then they get carried through Mythic until they're geared and get a mount once all the raiders get one.

Cost's aren't an issue for me. The enjoyment of the raid is personally.

Farm your own flasks.

Pots and flasks have both gone down in price on my server.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    7.1 Blood vendor is still weeks away, and until then prices for pots/flasks are going to super high.

I spend about 35-40k on runes/pots/flasks a raid and it was fine a few weeks ago since I had tons of gold. But raiding three nights a week is really getting costly and not sure I'll make it til 7.1 unless I play this game constantly and farming while I'm not raiding 4-5 hours a night.

Anyone else facing this dilemma? The thing is that even if you buy a token, it's 20 dollars for a token that will JUST cover raid expenses for one night.
    How about not buying the items then If you are having this problem, then there are proberly many people in your guild who share that problem. Just talk to your raidleader about having flask/food not being mandatory for raiding, atleast undtil 7.1

And if you are raiding high-end mythic, then welcome to a hardcore enviroment, where insane things are demanded of you all the time
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    on my server.
    That being the keyword there

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just have alts with all the professions I need to supply my own stuff. Make my own flasks/enchantments/food/potions/gems so it costs me nothing to raid. So far I have 5 lvl 110's. Being self sufficient really is best at the start of an expac.

It took alot of hours to get set up, but once your there it really doesn't take more than an hour or 2 each week to farm enough mats to raid.

Wait, you're telling me pots and flasks are expensive?

Here's an idea -- get some herbalists in the guild to pool mats for spirit cauldrons...! Costs you nothing then on Flasks...

Get the ingredients for someone to make foods you want, if you can't make it yourself... they're always cheaper than the food itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Or you could just not consume as much as you do. Save pots and runes for bosses where you have trouble beating enrage timers and only when you've learned to do the encounter flawlessly.

You can cook your own food and maybe pick up herbalism to farm your own flasks.
    Yeah, thats silly.
    Unless you only do LFR that is.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raid guilds have bought gold at the start of expansions since ... forever. Nothing new there.

Pots are still 1kish on Stormscale EU today flasks are just abouve 2k, didnt check today, dont hold me on that, after the first night of raids, i realized that my vast fortune of 170k gold at that moment, isnt going to hold for maybe 2 weeks of raiding ( my guild raids twice a week ).

Day after the first raid, downloaded Conslegion addon, leveled up my DH alt in 17h /played, and picked herbs like crazy, I have guildies with 3star pot recipes, and I am more than self sufficient now. If there is no way you want to do that, buy gold from no official sellers, borrow, or get tokens for 20 euros and sell them for 2 nights of raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    That being the keyword there
    I'm not a mathematician but I think that is three words

Deleted
    1.- Drop one of your professions. (I dropped JC, kept enchanting)
    2.- learn Herbalism
    3.- go herb and sell all you farm on the AH

grats!, now you have enough gold to buy all the flasks and pots that you need.

Deleted
    get herbalism, or get an alt with herbalism. collect seeds. group with herbalism mates. seed and collect together. If you can get aethril rank 3 peeps to spawn even more stuff. problem solved. I get all my pots and flasks with 1 hour farming a day for 4 raid days and spending seeds together once a week and even have enough leftovers to sell so I made about 2m that way in the last 2 weeks. (prices were insanely high and now still are pending at 250-300g per starlight flower)

There is only one reason why you couldn't just do this: you don't have enough time. Then your guild should support you.

All the top guilds are running bots to farm herbs etc to fund raids, you know it's an issue when you need to do that. The going rate on AH for consumables over the last 2 resets has meant to min-max you would spend easily 50k gold a night, and fairly easily 100k gold. Even if you farm them yourself, you're losing that gold on the AH in sales.. Consumables are just expensive/time consuming to make.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Duh Back To Times Of Splendor! Gold for rankings! Tell your realm that you are the beast dude! Or aim higher -> tell your country you are the best via rankings! Or fucking show exorsus, method or serenity that you could beat their dudes any time! Hell ramp your ego. That's what classic-tbc was all about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All the top guilds are running bots to farm herbs etc to fund raids, you know it's an issue when you need to do that. The going rate on AH for consumables over the last 2 resets has meant to min-max you would spend easily 50k gold a night, and fairly easily 100k gold. Even if you farm them yourself, you're losing that gold on the AH in sales.. Consumables are just expensive/time consuming to make.
    Sorry is there a single wow player who does not have a bot for their herbs? FOR REAL? any evidence for any player not to do it?

Not for the guild I'm in. Flasks and pots aren't mandatory, we're still clearing the content we're wanting to clear. Would they help? Most definitely, are they needed? No, we can get by until they're actually affordable.