Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People who leave....

Seriously, has anyone else noticed a huge increase in people leaving over the past week? Granted I play on console but recently it's been about every other game I've had somebody leave, winning or losing the game it doesn't matter. Just a couple minutes ago I was doing payload on Kingsrow and we were winning by two minutes at the end of a 3 to 3 match. When suddenly somebody from the team just leaves and we end up losing the game and getting steamrolled. I've been noticing a huge increase in this recently and was wondering if there was some type of promo that is going on that is made the game extremely cheap to buy that people don't mind wasting the band that they are never inevitably going to get? Just curious if anybody else has noticed this trend? I've gone from 2700 to 2330 over the course of the past week due to losing 85% of my games, more than not due to a person who has left.

Also for those who are currently playing on console, how have you dealt with this while solo queuing. It seems like it's almost impossible to rank up due to the amount of levers and also people refusing to use team communication.

For those of you that will say just play PC over console, I currently don't have a good enough computer that can run at a high enough frame rate that won't hinder my performance. So if anybody wants to say that, please feel free to inbox me and I'll send you my bank account information so you can pay for the new computer.

To be fair, a good number of leavers are to blame from either Blizzard's fault losing their connection to the server or the player's own internet connection. It's not just the player suddenly deciding he wants to blow the joint.

It doesn't help that the current system in place dealing with rejoining comp games after a DC is just awful. Blizzard has said they are working on it, but it could take a while. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...ic/20749068264

Agreed. But in the mean time how hard would it be to implement something like this:

If a team losses a member, the remaining members do not loss rank, but the winners can still gain points?

People who intentionally leave would still be punished, but those who are affected aren't affected anymore.

That was an idea thought of from the very beginning and has been pointed out it would only be abused. The game can't tell the difference between an honest DC and someone pretending to disconnect. So a team would just have a player on their side leave if it looks like they are going to lose then get off scot free. If the other teams still gets points it would only lead to a massive point inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they can't just give the team an A.I. set to Hard difficulty as a replacement.

Deleted
    Replacing leavers with Ai wont work in comp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I don't see why they can't just give the team an A.I. set to Hard difficulty as a replacement.
    you want a harder hitting and moving torbjorn turret with more abilities as enemey?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The turret doesn't get boosted. Torb on the other hand...

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The turret doesn't get boosted. Torb on the other hand...
    He meant with the auto-aim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    He meant with the auto-aim.
    Yeah but the AI won't be able to understand strategies, nor can it be given commands.

I'm just saying, they need a better solution than to have players automatically lose
    (very rarely do people win 5v6 games) and suffer because of one person getting salty
    and screwing everyone else over.

I intentionally left 2 games in a row yesterday. Started as attackers in both games and 4/6 people on the team just completely ignored the objective in both games, was just me and 1 other trying to play the map while the rest just ran round trying to get kills both times... I don't have the patience to play through the second half with people like that. I apologized to the 1 other person who was trying but i couldn't care less what happens to the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sir, are precisely what this topic is about. Selfish, immature, and should not
    be allowed to play the game.

You sir, are precisely what this topic is about. Selfish, immature, and should not
    be allowed to play the game.
    No more selfish or immature than then people i left behind. When more than half your team are already intentionally losing the game, i fail to see how you see someone like me as the immature/selfish one. Unless of course you are one of those aforementioned people trying to ruin the experience of those trying to win games in competitive.

Even the most optimistic person would accept that a 2v6 is never going to result in a win.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-10-01 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    No more selfish or immature than then people i left behind. When more than half your team are already intentionally losing the game, i fail to see how you see someone like me as the immature/selfish one. Unless of course you are one of those aforementioned people trying to ruin the experience of those trying to win games in competitive.

Even the most optimistic person would accept that a 2v6 is never going to result in a win.
    You're honestly no better and if you're leaving games you will likely never get to the point where this won't happen anyways.

Thankfully there's a good chance I'll never run into people like you because you won't ever get to a good rank with your attitude.

Play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You're honestly no better and if you're leaving games you will likely never get to the point where this won't happen anyways.

Thankfully there's a good chance I'll never run into people like you because you won't ever get to a good rank with your attitude.
    I will play through any game good or bad if there is a chance we could pull off a win but there are games that are 100% losses and I will never apologize for not wasting my time with those games. If you look at that and think there is something wrong with that then i guess i will never understand what goes on in your head.

i say never, 1 apology to the single other person on my team that had to endure it as well.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-10-01 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    People that leave ranked matches should have all sounds replaced by Tracer saying "Cheers luv, the cavalry is here"

And if they try to turn off the sound they get it plastered across their screen each time a sound effect happens

7+ Year Old Account
    I intentionally left 2 games in a row yesterday.
    you arent even better than them.

Formerly known as Arafal

They just need to make leaving in ranked a correct punishment. Stacking time ban that prevents you from playing ranked 24h 48h all the way up to a full week. If full week happens twice, full season ban. If you get banned for 2 season, one year without competitive.

I will play through any game good or bad if there is a chance we could pull off a win but there are games that are 100% losses and I will never apologize for not wasting my time with those games. If you look at that and think there is something wrong with that then i guess i will never understand what goes on in your head.

i say never, 1 apology to the single other person on my team that had to endure it as well.
    I get you have some bad players in your game you don't want to continue with... but what does leaving actually accomplish? If I understand the punishments correctly you've faced with a short ban preventing you from doing anything until a while after the game you left would have ended. Not to mention it's one more strike towards a season ban. Isn't it just easier to stick it out?