View Poll Results: DE Personal Loot in a PuG?

Voters
911. This poll is closed
  • It's *your* loot, DE it if you want

314 34.47%
  • You should always share loot if it's an upgrade for someone else

280 30.74%
  • It's your right to DE it and it's their right to kick you

317 34.80%
Page 1 of 50
... LastLast

Kicked from a Mythic Dungeon for DEing my PERSONAL LOOT

As the title says, I was just kicked from a mythic dungeon group for disenchanting a piece of loot I got from personal loot. I disenchanted the item, then one of the guys told me to give it to him, but it was obviously already gone. They then proceeded to boot me from the group and call me a moron.

I understand lootsharing and it's been great for me for gearing up within guild groups... but outside of that, in group finder pugs? Personal loot should be exactly that: Personal. If I choose to vendor it, that's my choice, and if I want to give it up to someone else, that's my decision. But being held hostage for my own loot is absurd--especially as an enchanter. Where are my enchanting mats supposed to come from?

What do you guys think? Am I being a heartless bastard or is this kind of entitlement going to be commonplace going forward?

its still nice to do it... you chose to without even waiting DE the item, when it could have been a 20 ilvl upgrade for the other person, yeah you had the right to keep it
    but still you were being pretty heartless just deing without asking if anyone needed a item first

What I think? I don't think you came here for anything other than validation because you know already nobody sensible is going to disagree with you.

If someone's being deadweight in a pug and clearly below the kind of damage they should be doing, I'll DE any loot I know they'll ask for immediately. This has never gotten me kicked, you ran into a butthurt freak accident. I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

There is no right answer, every person thinks differently.

As example i have probably given away like 50 Warforged/Titanforged loot i dont need, like 840-850 from lucky heroic drops or mythics drops, despite sometimes even "Needing" them on some offspec i will never play.

And some times, when i dont like the group because they cant even WASD properly and i have to tank 5 extra packs while they cant even do more than 100K DPS despite wearing 830+ gear in a random heroic, i dont trade shit :>

You're not heartless, but you are clueless.

Not that the other guy is a shining example of good gaming citizenship if he TOLD you to give it to him.

Anyway, there's an often unspoken agreement in mythic groups that you'll share out loot that is an upgrade. You don't have to certainly, but not doing so will effect your reputation in the long run. Next time wait for the end of the run before DEing, it's just good play.

(That being said, don't put up with bad manners.)

Deleted
    They are perfectly within their rights to kick you from the group if they do not like your unwillingness to share loot.

Personally i always just link items in the chat that i cant use before i de or vendor them.

Most of the time i just dont pug tho

Aye, I've had people cry at me for DE'ing my own drops... as if I am obligated to give them anything.

"I need the Chaos for my enchanting"
    "lol you can buy off the AH"
    "Give me 1.5k then"
    "Noob"
    etc.

Typical responses.

This personal loot trading has created a whole toxic side of players...

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    What I think? I don't think you came here for anything other than validation because you know already nobody sensible is going to disagree with you.

If someone's being deadweight in a pug and clearly below the kind of damage they should be doing, I'll DE any loot I know they'll ask for immediately. This has never gotten me kicked, you ran into a butthurt freak accident. I wouldn't put too much thought into it.
    You are everything that is wrong with the community, and honestly....everyone who isn't a dick would disagree with the OP.

Enchanting mats over a big upgrade for someone else? Serious? When I read stuff life this I always wonder if you are really this selfish, or it's just because you are very young and don't understand how the world works yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would think it's a nice thing to do; to offer the loot to the group if you don't need it. Even in Mythic pugs, there are people there who are trying to get themselves geared up and you could not have killed that boss alone, so even though it is called personal loot, I do think that the party that helped you kill that boss deserves a chance at the loot.

I don't think you did anything wrong, of course. At the baseline, the game decided that you should get the loot that you got, and you, being a disenchanter, did the obvious thing with an item you did not want to wear. But Mythic dungeons are hardly the only place to get chaos crystals. I have a number of world quests every day that reward 835+ epic items which can disenchant into chaos crystals and doesn't take an upgrade away from someone who helped me. You can get chaos crystals from the Mana-Tinged Pack, which drop from mobs if you have the Boon of the Manaseeker shoulder enchant. You can rarely get them from any Legion green or blue item.

Perhaps, when pugging Mythic dungeons, you can set something up if you are that starving for chaos crystals. "I will give you this loot, but if you get one that you don't need and no one else needs, let me disenchant it instead of vendoring it for ~30 gold."

I do think kicking you out of the group for it was an over-reaction, but trying to look at both sides of the story, it's really a very gray area.

Well a few hundred or even a couple thousand gold isn't worth nearly as much as a gear upgrade to me. If someone could use an item I think it is extremely greedy, selfish, and kind of sad that you would value a small amount of gold over helping another player gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As example i have probably given away like 50 Warforged/Titanforged loot i dont need, like 840-850 from lucky heroic drops or mythics drops, despite sometimes even "Needing" them on some offspec i will never play.
    How is even possible? I am unable to trade forged with groupmate. Item soulbounded and no blue text that says can trade within 2 hours with person in that group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Aye, I've had people cry at me for DE'ing my own drops... as if I am obligated to give them anything.

"I need the Chaos for my enchanting"
    "lol you can buy off the AH"
    "Give me 1.5k then"
    "Noob"
    etc.

Typical responses.

This personal loot trading has created a whole toxic side of players...
    If you cant handle playing it with randoms then find a guild. People expect you to trade away items you cant use before you DE them.

Thats the norm.

If you dont like it then tell people before the dungeon starts, or live with them whining at you. Dont come to forums afterwards whining that people expect you to trade loot.

Especially in Mythics where you can just set a different loot system

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong with vendoring, disenchanting or keeping the item for transmog. I don't care if it's an upgrade for the other person. If you get nothing in return then there is no reason to do the stranger a favor.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    I would have kicked you as well.

I love how you put PERSONAL LOOT in caps as if that automatically means it is just your loot. There is a reason you can trade loot.
    Honestly, not true. Blizzard wanted to go with Retard Loot so people wouldn't have to bother, but they chose to not allow premade and guilded runs to pick how they want to give out the loot. It's a lose-lose situation for pretty much everyone except those who actually enjoy Personal loot, but then they get mad that they don't auto get handed loot from random players they pug with, so... yeah. Still a lose-lose in that regard.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    How is even possible? I am unable to trade forged with groupmate. Item soulbounded and no blue text that says can trade within 2 hours with person in that group.
    You can trade loot if it is a lower ilvl than what you currently have.
    This ^, i tend to have good luck with Warforged gear, so lots of 835 and 845 from Heroics/Mythics, but not so lucky with Titanforged rolls so all the gear i get is useless for me, like the second week of the expansion, i traded away 100% of my Mythic dungeon loot to IRL friends cause it was all useless or the same god damn slot, i gotten like so many relics that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Especially in Mythics where you can just set a different loot system
    Read "I have no idea what I'm talking about".

You can't change off of Personal loot unless you're in a raid. Even M+, you're FORCED into Personal.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Honestly, not true. Blizzard wanted to go with Retard Loot so people wouldn't have to bother, but they chose to not allow premade and guilded runs to pick how they want to give out the loot. It's a lose-lose situation for pretty much everyone except those who actually enjoy Personal loot, but then they get mad that they don't auto get handed loot from random players they pug with, so... yeah. Still a lose-lose in that regard.
    They what? You can change loot in mythics and mythic plus. Dont spread false info

All I keep seeing is "My loot" and "My drops" which actually makes me sad about the community, your right this has created a whole new breed of toxic of players. Not too long ago it was group loot and people Needed and THEN it was Greed or DEed, seems like people are choosing greed before need because the item happened to teleport into your inventory. I always give my gear away if I don't need it, why?, because other people play this game, real people, and one day something might drop that they don't need and they will give it someone else instead of vendering it, lets hope that person isn't you that needed it

I would've kicked you too, you care about yourself more then the group.
    Last edited by Raone; 2016-10-02 at 06:40 AM.

I would have kicked you as well.

I love how you put PERSONAL LOOT in caps as if that automatically means it is just your loot. There is a reason you can trade loot.
    It's no different than if I had won a loot roll; Blizzard just decided to skip that step now and give people loot directly. So it *is* my loot. And I will do what I please with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I see nothing wrong with vendoring, disenchanting or keeping the item for transmog. I don't care if it's an upgrade for the other person. If you get nothing in return then there is no reason to do the stranger a favor.
    Alternatively, you could just not DE it in their face and do it after the dungeon instead.