Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Happy it turned out that way tho. I and probably everyone else would be SERIOUSLY pissed if you got to "achieve that". It doesn't make all to much sense that Darion would even try such a thing tho... He did not seem to be that stupid and he should know that "he" would not be fond of that. Then again... it's kind of Now-or-Never considering the Legion and all.
    That's the thing, Darion was completely against it, he almost rebelled against the Ebon Blade, the Lich King, everything. He believed that Fordring deserved to rest in peace and should not be raised to become undead. Finally he decided to go along with the strike force because he ultimately would not abandon his comrades even if he was against what they were trying to accomplish, even if he believed they were to be damned beyond all forgiveness.

And when it all went fruit-shaped he sacrificed himself to save every death knight and get them back to Acherus in one piece. It was this devotion and sacrifice that made the Lich King choose him as a the leader of the Four Horsemen in the end. Darion now believes it is his destiny to stand by the lost and the damned and fight for them, come what may.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Calm down bro or you will be get trainwreck. Your Liadrin already got roflstomped and you will be the next.
    Liadrin can go back, lickin' on a windchime like she did in burning crusade. Imma going to deck you in the schnoz ya' MILKSOB. What'cha second class edgelord even goin' to do? Broodin' me to death? Ya'll just mad because the elfs are takin' ya spot, leaning in 'dose dark corners in roleplayin'-taverns. I can jus' heal myself till my healthbar explodes 'n hits yar head before ya' could leave a scratch in my trousers, ya' scond-hand Arthas-Cosplaya'!

Leman Russ bloody acent in I.T.E.H.A.T.T.S.D. ... is contagious. In all seriousness tho i now want to play a Death Knight just to see how that rubbish went down. It sounds like a hilarious questline... Is there any other Class-Hall that directly attacks another tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    That's the thing, Darion was completely against it, he almost rebelled against the Ebon Blade, the Lich King, everything. He believed that Fordring deserved to rest in peace and should not be raised to become undead. Finally he decided to go along with the strike force because he ultimately would not abandon his comrades even if he was against what they were trying to accomplish, even if he believed they were to be damned beyond all forgiveness.

And when it all went fruit-shaped he sacrificed himself to save every death knight and get them back to Acherus in one piece. It was this devotion and sacrifice that made the Lich King choose him as a the leader of the Four Horsemen in the end. Darion now believes it is his destiny to stand by the lost and the damned and fight for them, come what may.

Interesting! So they stayed true to his character... It does establish further how weirdly fucked up Bolvars recents actions are. I did not play a DK-Artefact live so far, only on the early and later Beta-Realms, but i remember the... weird way he commented your kills in Icecrown. Killing one for being a traitor, one for being a afraid, one for being... a kind of swell honorable guy even in death? ...can he make up his mind? ....or can't he? *dundunduuun*
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-10-01 at 01:50 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Deleted
    Personally I love the Illidari storyline, then again I've been a huge Illidan fanboy since Warcraft III :P

Especially the part where you tell Kil'jaeden to go fuck himself when he threatens you like he did Illidan in Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Calm down bro or you will be get trainwreck. Your Liadrin already got roflstomped and you will be the next.
    Because Darion didn't die or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does establish further how weirdly fucked up Bolvars recents actions are.
    So there's a theory going around that this was actually Bolvars' goal from the beginning. If you look, almost all of the Dk missions put you at odds with other factions and even the last mission for the "final" horsemen kind of makes you cross a line that isn't easily forgivable. Supposedly Bolvar did this on purpose to further isolate the Death Knights and instill that belief that they can only count on themselves, and to serve as a test/reward for Darion for specifically demonstrating that.

Despite the Lich King telling the Ebon Blade that they're free to do as they wish, he's pretty much just tricking them into backing themselves into a corner. They've established that everyone will always be against them, that everybody will always vilify them for doing what's necessary, and that in the end they can only really trust in each other. All the while presenting the image that Daddy Lich King will always be there to support you.

This just strikes me as WotLK levels of trickery that the Lich King showed back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgetroll View Post
    So there's a theory going around that this was actually Bolvars' goal from the beginning. If you look, almost all of the Dk missions put you at odds with other factions and even the last mission for the "final" horsemen kind of makes you cross a line that isn't easily forgivable. Supposedly Bolvar did this on purpose to further isolate the Death Knights and instill that belief that they can only count on themselves, and to serve as a test/reward for Darion for specifically demonstrating that.

Despite the Lich King telling the Ebon Blade that they're free to do as they wish, he's pretty much just tricking them into backing themselves into a corner. They've established that everyone will always be against them, that everybody will always vilify them for doing what's necessary, and that in the end they can only really trust in each other. All the while presenting the image that Daddy Lich King will always be there to support you.

This just strikes me as WotLK levels of trickery that the Lich King showed back then.
    That sounds like exactly that to be honest. Which does not seem to be to off. Wasn't Ner'Zhul still present within the remains of Frostmourne and actually still is? Mourning about the Plan he had? I wonder how much Bolvar really is there and how much of the original Lich King actually survived... as if the weird voice-melt at the end of the Arthas-Kill-Cutscene did not give that away already...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because Darion didn't die or anything.
    Haha we totally almost ganged up and almost killed one paladin! We are amaz- *lights wrath*
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Interesting! So they stayed true to his character... It does establish further how weirdly fucked up Bolvars recents actions are.
    Not necessarily. Bolvar knew Tirion well, and if there were any hero who would welcome the chance to be raised to defend Azeroth from the gravest threat its faced in tens of thousands of years it is Tirion. I mean, this is the same guy that was ready to become the Lich King just to protect Azeroth from the Scourge before Bolvar stepped in. As a huge lore nerd who plays a Paladin main with a Death Knight alt, I would have loved for Tirion to be the new leader. It would have been a nice mirror to the original Four Horsemen(with the original Ashbringer being their leader), as well as given them a holy Death Knight to mirror Sir Zeliek(one presumes Tirion would still be able to use the Light, like Zeliek did).

On a semi-related note, the absolute hands down best thing about the Death Knight storyline is the fact that every single time you do a scenario you find Nazgrim somewhere doing this:

At one point during the Velen scenario Nazgrim and... Thassarian(I think its Thassarian) show up late to the fight and Thassarian apologizes and says they would have been here sooner but Nazgrim had to stop and choke every demon they saw.

The Death Knight campaign was interesting. With the Deathlord leading an attack on Light's Hope making a failed attempt to raise Tirion. I thought the Ebon Blade and the Silver Hand coming to blows here would be interesting for future lore, but it seems nothing may come from it. For the Paladin Corrupted Ashbringer skin the Highlord obtains a dark crystal, and Maxwell suggests taking it to the Ebon Blade. The Highlord and Maxwell arrive in Acherus and Maxwell demands help from Darion saying "you owe us one". Thoras agrees to lend aid, stating the Ashbringer is no longer their enemy, and the Four Horseman pour dark energy into the crystal corrupting the Ashbringer. Darion then tells the Highlord that they are even and the Silver Hand depart.

So the Ebon Blade can launch an unprovoked attack on the Silver Hand and kill a bunch of their people and the Highlord is just like, thanks for the cool skin bro, and everyone is good again. Disappointing.

Well as a Priest I got to.. Um.

- As a priest I got to! No, wait.. That was Paladins.

Oh, in the Priest campaign you.. Uh... You um... What was it.. Uhh. Oh yeah! You help a witch doctor make a potion for Velen to drink, he sees a vision of Balnazzar destroying your order hall, so you grovel to the Paladins to save you, then you're saved by deus ex Lothraxion who clip walks through Velen up to the Paladins and joins them.

Um.. Oh, and we have to go up to Dragonblight to kill some Scarlets.

Reading these summaries makes me want to play my DK again. Unfortunately he's still stuck at like level 80. ><

I really do hope Blizzard continues with class stories though. I loved them in SWTOR and Blizz could do just as good if not better job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Well as a Priest I got to.. Um.

- As a priest I got to! No, wait.. That was Paladins.

Oh, in the Priest campaign you.. Uh... You um... What was it.. Uhh. Oh yeah! You help a witch doctor make a potion for Velen to drink, he sees a vision of Balnazzar destroying your order hall, so you grovel to the Paladins to save you, then you're saved by deus ex Lothraxion who clip walks through Velen up to the Paladins and joins them.

Um.. Oh, and we have to go up to Dragonblight to kill some Scarlets.
    I was so pissed when I found out that cool Light thingy Lothraxion was a Paladin follower but not a priest follower. And then we go Calia Menethil over here doing... all of nothing. :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Haha we totally almost ganged up and almost killed one paladin!
    Well Liadrin was beaten by Deathlord in 1v1 combat. Pally get totally trainwrecked and only *lights wrath* saved their ass. Your point?

So the Ebon Blade can launch an unprovoked attack on the Silver Hand and kill a bunch of their people and the Highlord is just like, thanks for the cool skin bro, and everyone is good again. Disappointing.
    Is Darion at this moment is Horsemen already?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyry View Post
    The hunter main quest was...ok. A legion general has developed super felhunters who are killing Kirin Tor mages, and you have to hunt him down. It's a whoooole lot of fetch quests over the whooole damn map, getting supplies, mats, etc. I was caught off guard by how hard the ending was though, expecting it to be as easy as the rogue one. Not hard exactly, but just make sure you have a tanking pet out. :P
    All of this is 100% accurate, right down to needing a tanking pet (if you play with a pet, that is) for the final fight, because the first wave of Hakkar the Houndmaster's felhound adds will WRECK your cunning or ferocity pet in a matter of seconds -- and that's before you even see the actual boss.

But the story, yeah -- it's very simple and not that great at all and as said above, built largely around fetch quests.

Deleted
    Death Knight one is a lot of fun, unitl you realize your character and three of the Horsemen alongside an army of ghouls are all only good for killing squires and adepts, injuring two champions while the bulk of the Paladin force is away at Netherlight Temple, and still getting wrecked.

Paladin one hands down is my favorite. Mage one was fun, but objectively meh in comparison to the paladin and death knight one, and most of my enjoyment came from being my main, and the characters who join.

Demon hunter is also good. 9/10 with at least 3 points because of Kor'vas.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-10-02 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    I really liked the rogue story. You really get to play a rogue, stealthing, picking pockets, killing, spying and everything. You get to see that the Broken Shore actually was a trap and why that trap actually got sprung. Plus a few really nice side-stories... one of which told me why my Nightelf keeps getting angry 'comments' from Odyn's ravens

And even though you don't get told which false information really gets told to Anduin, you do get told that he and all the other Alliance leaders are being fed false information about the Horde to keep the faction war going strong. Nothing new really, but this time you at least get to take out one of the more important culprits for that (usually that kind of thing was only being told in books and noone did anything about it in the game).

One thing that is a shame though, you discover in one of the stories that the inhabitants in one of the towns near Stormwind get killed (a LOT of them) and some more things (don't know how much I should spoil here^^) and nothing about this makes it into the game outside of the scenario. I think at least after a while a thing like that should be known, even if it's not discovered right away. At least the people that are dead might be missed by some. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2016-10-02 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    Demon hunter is also good. 9/10 with at least 3 points because of Kor'vas.
    you love Kor'vas

for me, my favorite Demon Hunters are:

1. Illidan
    2. Kor'vas
    3. Allari

dk is very good.
    dh is okay but could be better. best part is when you tell KJ to love himself when he offers you to join the burning legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    and still getting wrecked.
    because plot
    if it weren't for "THE LIGHT WILL PROTECT ME!" we would have tirion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    1. Illidan
    I thought you don't like Illidan now? :O

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Well Liadrin was beaten by Deathlord in 1v1 combat. Pally get totally trainwrecked and only *lights wrath* saved their ass. Your point?
    You swarm the chapel like cowards while most of the paladins are off helping the priests and you still lose, that is my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol