Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Playing a very large number of characters and only selecting those with legendaries.

Yeah, except we have no evidences that the system is working. Currently it seems to only be working for people who already got one.

Glaives was a legendary item and people bitched about it all expansion due to how random it was. That's also why they switched back to legendary questlines in cataclysm (eg if you wanted the item you had to work for it). However, with regular items, you could target whichever item you wanted or at least you knew that any given item came from any given boss. Also, regular items only contributed to a small increase in performance, some legendaries increase player s performance by a lot.

Issue is groups can choose who they bring to a raid or a dungeon. Out of the thousands of players of any given class out there, they can afford to select only the players with legendaries. In solo players hack n slashes, the game doesn't exclude you from content because you don't have any particular item.

Also, solo players RPG aren't MMORPG. If you design MMORPG to be like solo players RPG you re going to have troubles.

No it isn't. WoW has been working fine for years without that system and people have always complained when something too random was in the game (like the thunderfury bindings). I ve been playing MMORPG for decades now and players always ask to be able to work for things rather than pure RNG drops. The current system is very GW2 like, when in GW2 the system only rewarded cosmetic items.

The only incentive the current gear treadmill is giving is to uninstall the game and go play something else. Because I've never seen something that bad. Even the raiding gear progression is broken currently.

I don't care about not having a legendary but I do care being excluded from groups because I can't link any legendary. It has never been harder to find groups in wow than in legion currently. Currently the game is very grindy and you only grind for a chance to get something (the item you need must drop and then it must roll warforged/titanforged, with several rank inside each of these categories)). When in wow vanilla or other MMO when you grinded for something you were sure to be "rewarded" for what you were doing after completing whatever you were doing.
    The whole reply is utter bullshit.

I play since vanilla as well. The game back then was EVEN MORE GRINDY, if you think it wasn't, I think you were playing a different game. You always grind for a chance to get something. Even if you know what boss it can drop from, you still farm that shit, and you don't have a clue if it will drop today or an year later. It doesn't make any difference. Luck is luck.

"No it isn't. WoW has been working fine for years without that system and people have always complained when something too random was in the game (like the thunderfury bindings)"

If you expect to play the same old shit over and over again and never add something new, something's wrong with you, seriously, go see a doctor.

Your "group play" rant, has nothing to do with the loot. If you are getting mad that people are prioritizing others because they have better gear than yours, you obviously don't belong to that guild/group w/e. Make your own guild and invite players without legendaries. Or find some friends to play with. As you said it - it's an MMO. Please give me a break, having better gear WAS ALWAYS something guilds prioritized in WoW and every other MMO, it doesn't matter if it is an ilvl, gearscore, legendary, you name it.

"In solo players hack n slashes, the game doesn't exclude you from content because you don't have any particular item." - You sound like you haven't touched a single RPG game. Good luck doing Diablo on Hell if you don't have the items (on some characters) for example. And before you make another stupid comparison and say "but you could fully experience the whole Diablo on normal and do all content" - well, it seems like LFR is exactly for you my friend.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-03 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    You have no idea about how many characters a single player is supposed to play in those sort of guilds, do you ?
    You have no idea that i'm talking about their main roster and nothing to do with their alts? Stop trying to turn it away to fit your own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfusion View Post
    bla
    A bit salty, aren't we?

Deleted
    I play since vanilla as well. The game back then was EVEN MORE GRINDY, if you think it wasn't, I think you were playing a different game. You always grind for a chance to get something. Even if you know what boss it can drop from, you still farm that shit, and you don't have a clue if it will drop today or an year later. It doesn't make any difference. Luck is luck.
    The game was grindy but at least you knew what you grinded for. Which is not the case in legion (you grind for a chance to maybe get an upgrade).

You couldn't get that raid gear from dungeons. You didn't get legendaries out of outworld quest. If you needed a reagent, you knew where to find it. In legion you need to endlessly grind everything at once (and without any limitations in the case of M+ dungeons).

If you expect to play the same old shit over and over again and never add something new, something's wrong with you, seriously, go see a doctor.
    I expect to see new content and innovations, not going back to bad Korean F2P MMORPG game design. Currently wow legion feels like a even worst version of GW2 (as I already said most of the RNG was tied to cosmetic rewards, in legion the "rewards" aren't cosmetic).

Your "group play" rant, has nothing to do with the loot. If you are getting mad that people are prioritizing others because they have better gear than yours, you obviously don't belong to that guild/group w/e.
    It has everything to do with the loot. Back in the day gear was acting like a save point for an individual. If you had AQ40 gear then you could join group for Naxx. If you had T5 gear you could start T6, etc.

Now Ilvl is all over the place due to to the fact all gear can come from everywhere, resulting in the loss of the old save points system and leading groups to expect crazy requirements for content. A few week ago I used to do mythics in ilvl 830 and now I have trouble finding spots for mythic normals with ilvl 855 . How is it good game design ?

"In solo players hack n slashes, the game doesn't exclude you from content because you don't have any particular item." - You sound like you haven't touched a single RPG game. Good luck doing Diablo on Hell if you don't have the items (on some characters) for example. And before you make another stupid comparison and say "but you could fully experience the whole Diablo on normal and do all content" - well, it seems like LFR is exactly for you my friend.
    What I m saying is you don't necessarily need one particular item out of a number of possible choices to progress. Also, I m a high end raider in world of warcraft (having completed, amongst other, sunwell before the nerfs).

You have no idea that i'm talking about their main roster and nothing to do with their alts? Stop trying to turn it away to fit your own agenda.
    And why do you think these characters were chosen for their main roster ? Because they got a legendary. You have no information on how many characters were played alongside those in order to get that large number of legendaries.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-03 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienski View Post
    i like to compete with rankings, i dont think im great, dont get that great rankings currently, i just like to compete its what i enjoy

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have been lucky enough to drop the helm? (+10 rage on enrage)

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have x2 legendaries equipped?

The part of the game i enjoy the most, the competing for ranks has been unbalanced by rng.

i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, and the fact that soon ppl will be running round with 2 equipped, well. the game is just pointless for me now as the part of it i enjoy is gone.

Anyone else feeling the same?
    Good players will always outperform bad ones and RNG favors neither good nor bad players.

What you are complaining about is -- essentially -- burst. You would do better to recognize that a steady player that does their job well - and isn't overgeared - is a more valuable asset than someone who happened to get a lucky drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The loot entitlement/apathy is out of control this expansion. I don't even understand the OP's post. He doesn't think he's great or cares about ranks, but is upset because people with legendaries out perform him? I....just can't.

Deleted
    And why do you think these characters were chosen for their main roster ? Because they got a legendary. You have no information on how many characters were played alongside those in order to get that large number of legendaries.
    Yeah... no. You clearly have no idea what you're saying, but it's kinda funny how you try and justify it.

Deleted
    The game was grindy but at least you knew what you grinded for. Which is not the case in legion.

I expect to see new content and innovations, not going back to bad Korean F2P MMORPG game design.

It has everything to do with the loot. Back in the day gear was acting like a save point for an individual. If you had AQ40 gear then you could join group for Naxx. If you had T5 gear you could start T6, etc.

Now Ilvl is all over the place due to to the fact all gear can come from everywhere, resulting in the loss of the old save points system and leading groups to expect crazy requirements for content. A few week ago I used to do mythics in ilvl 830 and now I have trouble finding spots for mythic normals with ilvl 855 . How is it good game design ?

What I m saying is you don't necessarily need one particular item out of a number of possible choices to progress. Also, I m a high end raider in world of warcraft (having completed, amongst other, sunwell before the nerfs).

"The game was grindy but at least you knew what you grinded for. Which is not the case in legion." - KNOWING what you grind for, doesn't make it any less random. I'm grinding to get all possible legendaries. I know they drop from said sources. I farm those sources as much as a I can to maximize my chances. How is that any different from farming a single item that have the CHANCE (like 0.0001) from a said boss?

"It has everything to do with the loot. Back in the day gear was acting like a save point for an individual. If you had AQ40 gear then you could join group for Naxx. If you had T5 gear you could start T6, etc." - That is simply not true. You sound quite clueless. What save points are you talking about? It's called character progression and it is pretty much the same right now. You need said ilvl to join that content, you need that ilvl to join the other content. It is EXACTLY the same thing. It doesn't matter where you've got your gear from. They are called tiers for a reason. We have them in Legion as well, you know.

I could join with all my alts with 835ilvl every day with no problem, that argument is invalid. If you are wanting to do higher mythic+, then you need a higher ilvl.

"What I m saying is you don't necessarily need one particular item out of a number of possible choices to progress. Also, I m a high end raider in world of warcraft (having completed, amongst other, sunwell before the nerfs)." - High end raider, that whines because they have a hard time finding groups and getting gear... doesn't seem quite legit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    A bit salty, aren't we?
    Damn right I am.

Arguing with stupid people is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will just knock the pieces over, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

Deleted
    "The game was grindy but at least you knew what you grinded for. Which is not the case in legion." - KNOWING what you grind for, doesn't make it any less random. I'm grinding to get all possible legendaries. I know they drop from said sources. I farm those sources as much as a I can to maximize my chances. How is that any different from farming a single item that have the CHANCE (like 0.0001) from a said boss?
    Thing is, no item had such a low drop chance. Also, it was psychologically better to know where find stuff. Because you weren't expecting to find any given item from potentially every source. You knew those bindings came from that particular source and knew that upgrade came from that particular dungeon.

Also, as I already said (but you seem mentally challenged to understand what I write) you weren't expected to farm everything at once in vanilla, like you are in legion.

"It has everything to do with the loot. Back in the day gear was acting like a save point for an individual. If you had AQ40 gear then you could join group for Naxx. If you had T5 gear you could start T6, etc." - That is simply not true. You sound quite clueless. What save points are you talking about? It's called character progression and it is pretty much the same right now. You need said ilvl to join that content, you need that ilvl to join the other content. It is EXACTLY the same thing. It doesn't matter where you've got your gear from. They are called tiers for a reason. We have them in Legion as well, you know.
    You clearly haven't tried the LFM tools lately then. Because the requirements to join groups are over the top. When as a ilvl 855 tank I face a large number of declines invite for mythic normal groups then I know something is weird.

"What I m saying is you don't necessarily need one particular item out of a number of possible choices to progress. Also, I m a high end raider in world of warcraft (having completed, amongst other, sunwell before the nerfs)." - High end raider, that whines because they have a hard time finding groups and getting gear... doesn't seem quite legit.
    No I m "whining" because the current system is retarded. It'd be way better if these legendaries were scrapped and the gear coming from each source streamlined to a lower ilvl span.

Also yeah I have trouble finding groups because the community seems to have lost its mind in legion.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-03 at 01:35 PM.

Also yeah I have trouble finding groups because the community seems to have lost its mind in legion.
    blaming the community instead of just starting your own group

I love this meme so much. I mean, god forbid group leaders form their group how they want it to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    blaming the community instead of just starting your own group

I love this meme so much. I mean, god forbid group leaders form their group how they want it to be.
    I know how to form my group all right, but when I see one healer and 3 DPS waiting I tend to try to join (so they don't have to wait). In WoD there weren't any decline invite. Also I m not blaming the community but rather how the system has been designed.

Also I've seen a very large number of mentally challenged players in legion, more than usual (especially in M+ dungeons).
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-03 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Thing is, no item had such a low drop chance. Also, it was psychologically better to know where find stuff. Because you weren't expecting to find any given item from potentially every source. You knew those bindings came from that particular source and knew that upgrade came from that particular dungeon.

Also, as I already said (but you seem mentally challenged to understand what I write) you weren't expected to farm everything at once in vanilla, like you are in legion.

You clearly haven't tried the LFM tools lately then. Because the requirements to join groups are over the top. When as a ilvl 855 tank I face a large number of declines invite for mythic normal groups then I know something is weird.

No I m "whining" because the current system is retarded. It'd be way better if these legendaries were scrapped and the gear coming from each source streamlined to a lower ilvl span.

Directly copied from wowhead guide.
    CONFIRMED SOURCES:
    Dungeon bosses
    Raid bosses
    World bosses
    World Quest Caches (rewarded after completing 4 world quests)
    PvP Strongboxes
    Mythic+ Weekly Caches
    Rare mobs

So, I know where the legendaries drop. I farm those exact places. And I know they are going to be upgrade (even the worst legendarie is much better than any other item). So, basically, what you are saying is exactly the same. I don't see how this is any different. It doesn't make any difference for your character.

I have tried the LFM tool and I'm constantly using it. I have no trouble whatsoever to find groups. (and you can always make a group yourself)

Legendaries are way more fun and a new kind of variety that I feel is just what the game needed. CBA with only simple 4 stats to try to get the maximum of. 0 fun in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you group up to defeat bosses and not to get high logs, be happy for other people if they get extra lucky and stop cryin like a baby
    No, YOU group up to defeat bosses. Other people have other goals and definitions of fun. You and your personal little world are not THE world view.

10+ Year Old Account
    I regularly beat people on DPS who have legendaries. They don't automatically make you a great player.

Deleted
    i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, ?
    13 Days of a ~1.5 year expansion and you're moaning about the first two weeks?
    Actually, no, you haven't unsubbed. People who say they have unsubscribed invariably don't.

You'll moan about it for another couple of months until parity is restored as it always is, or you get a legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    13 Days of a ~1.5 year expansion and you're moaning about the first two weeks?
    Actually, no, you haven't unsubbed. People who say they have unsubscribed invariably don't.

You'll moan about it for another couple of months until parity is restored as it always is, or you get a legendary.
    Very well said! I completely agree!

Deleted
    i dont deny i threw my toys out the pram, not because someone is doing better, but because people are luckier than me, luck based game isnt what i signed up for. not with the luck that i have. i aint banging my head against that brick wall anymore, ive already banged my head against it 12 hours a day for the last 30 days, enough is enough.
    [*]Plays percentage based game
    [*]Cries when percentages don't go their way

Deleted
    Well if you wanted that lei shen trinket you could go kill lei shen and hopefully loot it. With legendaries you cannot target any item, which is an incredible flaw in the system.
    Target yes, get it no, so what is the difference? you were still benched by a worst player, which is what the thread is all about.
    We tried getting the trinket of imnerseus in MOP, three casters in the group, it was the bis for the three of us, and not just the bis, the other 2 good trinkets could not be combined between them, so immerseus one was mandatory for us.
    We downed that boss 16 times in a row, each time we used a lucky charm for extra rolls, so 16 kills and 48 bonus rolls and NOTHING, so yeah the fact of a drop being targetable or not does a lot of a difference (sarcasm).

Yeah the legendaries are dumb but what really ruined the game for me was the changes they made to windwalker in the legion prepatch. And I hate the Broken isles.

i like to compete with rankings, i dont think im great, dont get that great rankings currently, i just like to compete its what i enjoy

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have been lucky enough to drop the helm? (+10 rage on enrage)

as a fury warrior how am i meant to compete in rankings against fury warriors that have x2 legendaries equipped?

The part of the game i enjoy the most, the competing for ranks has been unbalanced by rng.

i have unsubbed, i have wasted 13 days of my life at level 110 only to look like a bad player compared to the guy that had a bit of luck, and the fact that soon ppl will be running round with 2 equipped, well. the game is just pointless for me now as the part of it i enjoy is gone.

Anyone else feeling the same?

if you compete for rankings but dont even admit you are good why even compete for rankings