Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

why is GC still relevant?

i'd like to know why people still ask him WoW questions and such. He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata, MoP and WoD followed his class design structure and look at that ho turned out. So why then are people so interested in what he has to say? not to mention he has nothing to do with WoW at all (for better or for worse)

Because he's shittalking modern WoW

Ppl want him to admit something.

Because hes knowledgeable about the inner workings at Blizzard.

obsession, he's the poster child for the games bizarre direction in the era. he is at fault with it on some level and then he just jumps ship

He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata,
    You guys still don't understand that WoW has multiple developers that make decisions based on group consensus? You're just going to attribute those things directly to GC? Because that's not how it worked. That's never been how it works.

And to answer your question: GC was in the thick of things and is in an excellent position to give us information. People like to hear from the perspective of developers that work/worked on the game they love.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You guys still don't understand that WoW has multiple developers that make decisions based on group consensus? You're just going to attribute those things directly to GC? Because that's not how it worked. That's never been how it works.

And to answer your question: GC was in the thick of things and is in an excellent position to give us information. People like to hear from the perspective of developers that work/worked on the game they love.
    this /10

common sense so rare, so needed !

- - - Updated - - -

I liked his era, he brought some much needed equality to the classes and specs, but I like this era even better because now the soul and identity of the classes and specs are returning, but with equality maintained. And equality =/ sameness.

it all worked out good.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Chris Metzan were moving to a different company rather than retiring I imagine he would get a lot of the same treatment. When you represent a company, you often cannot truly express what you want to, like if you disagree with a change but you have to support it regardless, for example. GC contributed much to the game, and signed his name on a lot of huge changes. Now that he is not with Blizzard, we can get some unadulterated answers.

Metzan is retiring, so he will probably take either a lot of time away from the game(s), or permanently move on, at least from the public eye. We may yet see some sort of questions like the ones to GC directed at CMs twitter, only time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    So why then are people so interested in what he has to say?
    What kinda of stupid fucking question is that? I was farting around in my kitchen for a minute just now and I immediately came up with at least 4 different reasons why people would be interested in his opinions. You came up with nothing?

7+ Year Old Account
    He actually communicates with the playerbase and is still able to provide insight about how things were done and their thought process. You don't think that is at least kind of interesting? Players are also desperate for any amount of developer communication, and he's sort of the next best thing. As a side note, I saw GC at an Ikea in SoCal like 2 years ago and thought he was a very nice dude.

A much more relevant complaint is why MMO-C still lets me know when that godawful webcomic updates. Is that done by the site's creator or something? Oh shit, am I going to get an infraction for this?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because he's shittalking modern WoW
    He's not though. He does however talk about how the reason why certain features don't work so well is because this game's hardcore audience is stupid.

GC prevent skill spamming.

(stop using acronyms for every single word)

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    i'd like to know why people still ask him WoW questions and such. He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata, MoP and WoD followed his class design structure and look at that ho turned out. So why then are people so interested in what he has to say? not to mention he has nothing to do with WoW at all (for better or for worse)
    Because, contrary to yourself, he knows stuff. How are you relevant?

Deleted
    he shouldnt have a say. he was the main reason wow sucked balls for a long time.

He isn't relevant what so ever. He doesn't even play wow.

He is very eager to talk about WoW now, unlike most actual devs. That's probably why people still ask for his opinion, they know they will get a response. Why he is still featured on this website though is a good question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    He isn't relevant what so ever. He doesn't even play wow.
    He probably is busy a lot of the time and yes he is relevant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    GC prevent skill spamming.

(stop using acronyms for every single word)
    I think you're confusing GC(Ghostcrawler) with GCD(global cooldown)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    he shouldnt have a say. he was the main reason wow sucked balls for a long time.

You will forgive me, but you can't possibly think Legion is not sucking ass right now. Worst fucking expansion ever. Classes all broken, specs all broken. And Blizzard being dicks about fixing any of them quickly so that the gaming community can have fun. And not rerolling should NOT be an option. THIS EXPANSION SUCKS ASS...................PERIOD.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2016-10-03 at 05:25 PM.

I really don't see the point in posting his tweets at this point, he has 0 idea what is going on with WoW and hasn't even played for a long time.