... LastLast

Prot Warrior Stat Weights?

Good evening,

Using This new Pawn addon, basically it checks..which gear is better.,

However to use it correctly, i need the stat weights

for Prot/Fury/Arms.

Thank you

c'mon! someone on here must know...

There are no consistent weights for prot. Different sims produce different results and there are philosophical differences on the relative value of smooth damage intake over absolute mitigation. The general consensus is that you should gear for vers/mastery, since the value of haste was decreased significantly by the shield slam nerfs. Avoid crit entirely. That's as detailed an answer as anyone has right now.

Deleted
    Versatility is vastly superior. For my chars sim its 5x any other stat. From my experience, it is so ridiculously good that items 825item with versatility is superior to 860 item without one. I have currently <850ilvl and doing mythic+7 with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
    Versatility is vastly superior. For my chars sim its 5x any other stat. From my experience, it is so ridiculously good that items 825item with versatility is superior to 860 item without one. I have currently <850ilvl and doing mythic+7 with ease.
    Just for the record - there are issues with the protection warrior sim at the moment, last I checked. I'm not sure I'd solely rely on it.

Deleted
    You'll pretty much have to set the values yourself. Many warriors prefer to go Haste > Mastery > Versatility. Some go Versatility > Mastery > Haste, it really isn't that simple with weighing stats for prot warriors atm.

Strength;
    Versatility;
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Critical Strike.

Looking for this stats weights

Deleted
    I like mastery untill 60%, gives you a good amount of crit block chance and rest into haste, shield block is your best damage reduction, and you should focus on buffing it and keeping it up, also mastery buffs attack power which buffs ignore pain as well.

There is no precise stat weight but Versa >>> Mastery > Haste > Crit for survivability.

Haste will probably benefit from the shield slam buff, as it helps to generate even more rage than before the shield slam nerf last week

it's haste>mast>vers>crit

people saying verse first are relying on faulty sims

your mitigation is how much rage you are able to gen and spend. this is not altered by vers, vers barely does anything for your damage and does a little for your mitigation but haste stacked in high amounts allows for a shorter gcd which means more gen, more spending, plain and simple

and haste is very easy to get you hands on right now, even in large amounts

Quote Originally Posted by T1berius View Post

your mitigation is how much rage you are able to gen and spend. this is not altered by vers, vers barely does anything for your damage and does a little for your mitigation but haste stacked in high amounts allows for a shorter gcd which means more gen, more spending, plain and simple

Actually no I'm basing myself on all top warriors itemization as well as my Own observation while raiding with another war co-tank.

Vers buff IP IMMENSELY, and also provide flat reliable %DR. Haste is garbage in real hard hitting content like raids, maybe not so much with the SS rage gen buff again.

Can you link to some more sources for this? It makes more sense that Vers scales better because it directly buffs IP. At higher level content, we are generating more passive rage from RFDT and a much smaller percentage from active abilities. Haste affects our mitigation via active rage generation, Vers affects it by buffing IP which is the end point (ignoring shield block).

What was faulty about the sims and where are the new ones with new weights?

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlee View Post
    Can you link to some more sources for this? It makes more sense that Vers scales better because it directly buffs IP. At higher level content, we are generating more passive rage from RFDT and a much smaller percentage from active abilities. Haste affects our mitigation via active rage generation, Vers affects it by buffing IP which is the end point (ignoring shield block).

What was faulty about the sims and where are the new ones with new weights?
    Spoilers, he can't.

Or he will post good tanks armory with full haste gear for running easy content that gives us no rage through damage taken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vers=>mast>haste>crit if you want to be a trucking tank that's tuff to kill and reliable for progression raids/mythic+10+ content.

Haste>mastery>vers>crit if you want to be the cool fool who tanks stuff on farm status/easy content, but will get gibbed by large magic damage, fast, hard hits in mythic/mythic+10+ content.

Deleted
    o Shield Slam now generates 20 Rage (was 10).
    o Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.

Does anyone know what the total IP -33% comes down to now? So we can calculate how strong it is.
    And is versa still that important, as it buffed IP a lot and now its easier to reach the max value of IP?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...E%D0%BF/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../#metric=ehrps

this guy runs mast > crit > haste > vers and is one of the highest rated tank survivability on most fights in mythic en

that's because critical block is the most important thing right now. sure verse gives you some sustainability if you're shit or you dont have mast for extra crit blocks but crit blocks from sb uptime + mastery stacked gives far more from the ap trait

sure most tanks are running verse but guess what.

prot is so broken that they can do that wrongly and still massively absorb most than other tanks

but now ip is getting nerfed and you guys are going to actually maintain sb uptime to get heafty ip stacks from crit blocks, and verse aint gonna help you there
    Last edited by T1berius; 2016-10-04 at 10:53 AM.

ill go ~15-17% haste then max vers / mastery ... feels good 2 me

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...E%D0%BF/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../#metric=ehrps

this guy runs mast > crit > haste > vers and is one of the highest rated tank survivability on most fights in mythic en

that's because critical block is the most important thing right now. sure verse gives you some sustainability if you're shit or you dont have mast for extra crit blocks but crit blocks from sb uptime + mastery stacked gives far more from the ap trait

sure most tanks are running verse but guess what.

prot is so broken that they can do that wrongly and still massively absorb most than other tanks

but now ip is getting nerfed and you guys are going to actually maintain sb uptime to get heafty ip stacks from crit blocks, and verse aint gonna help you there
    if you look at the logs, the kills were with 862ilvl. his armory shows 860 equipped and why would he socket vers if it is his lowest value stat ?
    that crit haste stuff could be his farm/low tier mythic+ gear

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    if you look at the logs, the kills were with 862ilvl. his armory shows 860 equipped and why would he socket vers if it is his lowest value stat ?
    that crit haste stuff could be his farm/low tier mythic+ gear
    Cuz this guy ain't got a clue and did exactly what I told he would do, link armory thinking people do mythic raiding in that gear.

Exorsus war tanks both got world 1st with 30% vers 30% mast and between 1-5% crit/haste. Nuff' said.