Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting that you use the word courage. Courage implies that a person willingly and knowingly undertakes an action whereby they perceive a severe negative consequence as a likely result. What negative consequence have they faced. You could say they suffer the scorn of the devoutly religious, but since none of these men care much for the opinions of the devoutly religious, I doubt even they would characterize suffering their scorn as much of a burden.

These men have suffered no violent attacks, have not had their property confiscated, nor have they been harmed in any meaningful way. Indeed, in the case of Dawkins and Maher especially, they've enjoyed a great deal of fame, financial success, and public praise for their beliefs. The point is, agree with these people if you want to, but don't paint them as courageous just because you agree with them. They've done nothing to earn that accolade.
    I understand what you say. But in todays world, I believe that publicly saying anything negative about a religion, almost regardless of which one, may be an action that can cause you serious harm. I think we live in a world, where its very easy to physically hurt someone you don't agree with, and there are a lot of religious fanatics out there.

Pultin, maybe because even if he is a ruthless bastard. He is one of the few sane people around, and he is a semi-dictator for crying out loud.

Deleted
    It's a toss up between Putin, Gaddafi and Assad for me.

Putin knows very well how to tread in foreign/geo politics and isn't stepping into any of the traps we are laying. Internationally he does the best for his country. However his inland politics are supposedly very bad which I can't comment on since I never researched about it.

Assad is the only reason Syria hasn't become a failed state like Libya or Iraq at this point. If you will check his international interviews, you will see he is not what our media portrays him as and doing the same stupid shit we have done in other middleeast countries, killing assad without justification, will just create another failed state and more suffering for the people.

Gaddafi was supposedly one of the best national leaders in our time. He practically turned a desert into a welfare state and did the best to appeal his people. He wasn't very liked internationally but being liked by us in the West is generally a really bad sign. Not playing along our rules is what got him killed sadly. Tripolis was a city comparable to big capital cities in the west. And overall people did live a relatively good life.

Now Libya is practically just a space on earth with no control, reigned by IS terrorists, constant civil war and suffering. But at least we delivered some good democracy :^)
    Last edited by mmocfb72b6c64d; 2016-10-03 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Putin isn't a dictator, he is democratically elected.
    Go bash your own country.
    Haha the commies think he was elected fairly good one.

He stepped down due to time constraints installed a puppet as a successor then rigged a re-election and changed the law to extend his second tenure.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote would be Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yuri.

You should bow to him.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Angela Merkel is up there afterhow well she handled the refugee situation. I need to do some detailed analysis to really make a proper choice though.

Deleted
    #sadmanonatrain

10+ Year Old Account
    donald trump.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hollande.
    Woaw! I came here just to see if someone would say Hollande and his name popped on the second answer! You are also the only one telling his name (or I missed another one)

Please tell why you like him. The guy is so impopular in France, that he raised the security around him. I cant think of any reason for someone to like him. He fucked up big time, so big that he barely have any support from his own camp.

Deleted
    Jacques Chirac.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I don't know...some shaman from south america for all i know right now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    OK, So Gary Johnson may not have a favorite, but I do....
    iirc, he couldn't name one . . . lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Myr010 View Post
    Yeah, I'll just go with him aswell, even though I'm not agreeing with all of his views. Still miles better then 99% of the other suggestions in this thread. Francis tries hard to be a good guy, but he's already overdoing it. After Mujica I'd go for the Dalai Llama.

The fact that people here also keep picking people like Putin as a "good leader" makes it all the more apparent why he's still in power. There are plenty of idiots who will vote for you in the world, as long as you will craft a nice lie. Same goes for Trump, Orban, Erdogan and any other nationalistic schmuck currently in office. Well, Trump isn't but his campaign is pretty much a copy+paste from some of the others. No surprise he smooches up to Vlad.

And this being said, lately all of the leaders of Finland have been pretty much the same. They craft a nice lie and idiots will vote for it, even though time and again, we get let down. It seems only shit floats to the top nowadays.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Woaw! I came here just to see if someone would say Hollande and his name popped on the second answer! You are also the only one telling his name (or I missed another one)

Please tell why you like him. The guy is so impopular in France, that he raised the security around him. I cant think of any reason for someone to like him. He fucked up big time, so big that he barely have any support from his own camp.
    I understand your concerns, given you're French.
    I've judged him by his foreign policy portfolio. And any leader of a country of importance, to which France clearly applies, any such leader that doesn't give a blowjob to Uncle Same, or eats out Mother Russia's pussy, any such leader is up there in the top ranks of my books.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post

The fact that people here also keep picking people like Putin as a "good leader" makes it all the more apparent why he's still in power. There are plenty of idiots who will vote for you in the world, as long as you will craft a nice lie. Same goes for Trump, Orban, Erdogan and any other nationalistic schmuck currently in office.
    Netanyahu needs to be mentioned.
    If it wasn't for him, chances are high and the middle east crisis could have, possibly even would have long been solved.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    There is only one correct answer to this question, and that answer is Doctor Victor Von Doom.
    best answer ever

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    President Bashar al-Assad. of Syria

We have all seen what shitholes Iraq & Libya have become after the West backed toppling their despot leaders.

But since Saddam and Ghaddafi are gone. More people are dying in Iraq and Libya than ever before.

At least Assad is holding on. Because Syria without a despot like Assad , will be lots worse. with factional fighting.
    Assad is today just a symbolic figure (you can argue that he has always been one). Not even "his" army, the SAA, really exists today like it used to. The goverment forces are mostly build up of small armies with local warlords leading them (each having their own ideology, plans etc.) + russian, iranian, hamas and hezobllah soldiers. Basically, what I am trying to say is that Assad has probably nothing to say today and if the government Forces win this war, there may easily breakout another one out or there will be a coup, but chances of it ending better than Libya or Iraq are very very small.

None. I feel we are living in an age where there is a complete vacuum of leadership. Actually, vacuum doesn't describe it really, more like a super massive black hole of leadership. That is why the world is having so many problems and is so divided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    None. I feel we are living in an age where there is a complete vacuum of leadership. Actually, vacuum doesn't describe it really, more like a super massive black hole of leadership. That is why the world is having so many problems and is so divided.
    There was never more peace on Earth as we have right now.
    Also, there never was a leader ever, if we talking about the World as such.
    And quite frankly, there never should be such leader.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."