Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    He's the lead designer, I'm sure he wears many hats. It's impossible to know what he is or isn't responsible for at Riot but I'm not so cynical to believe it's purely blind luck that the game has continued to gain stratospheric growth under his tenure.
    More irresponsible use of data.

Even the articles you posted attribute the continued growth of the game to its eSports presence, and not necessarily the game itself. For anyone that has actually played, there isn't a whole lot of development to be done at this point. Most of it is in maintenance, maintaining balance and a steady stream of new champions and skins to maintain cash flows.

So again... if you could point to one development change that continued or spurred that growth I'll concede. You then have to determine his contribution to that change.

I mean if we are going to follow your logic, and attribute the growth of LoL to GC. Then likewise we can attribute the subscription decline of WoW to GC.

He likes to over-explain which gains the attention of people. He chose to leave Blizzard, now how many years still are we going to see his posts reported? He himself states on numerous occasion that he has no insight about the current development processes of WoW. I personally do not like seeing his irrelevant talk, I rather focus on the current and future. Make an antique site section for his posts about how things were five years ago and stop with that idolizing attention. The site is getting a smell of mold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akritar View Post
    He likes to over-explain which gains the attention of people. He chose to leave Blizzard, now how many years still are we going to see his posts reported? He himself states on numerous occasion that he has no insight about the current development processes of WoW. I personally do not like seeing his irrelevant talk, I rather focus on the current and future. Make an antique site section for his posts about how things were five years ago and stop with that idolizing attention. The site is getting a smell of mold.
    If it MUST be reported on send it to where it belongs. The LoL sub forum. Definitely doesn't need to be front page.

that nerd raging nobody never was relevant ...

just had a power trip until they kindly told him to gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    He and the wrath team with their hard-headed inexperienced stance are responsible for the disaster wow has become.

LFD and homogenization are the reasons for the decimation of server communities and the near console game we have now.

I despise him. He needs to go away, he thankfully is no longer employed by Action Blizzard. Sadly, long after the mess he made remains.

Fuck You Greg Street.
    I'm sure he's sad that you don't like him.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    If it MUST be reported on send it to where it belongs. The LoL sub forum. Definitely doesn't need to be front page.
    That doesn't make any sense. The only thing of his on the front page are his remarks about his time at Blizzard. Can't imagine anything quite so dumb as posting those to the LoL sub-forum. I don't think he's relevant at all to current WoW and neither does he. Just about everything he talks about is some historical context about the game from when he was there. There is a lot of interest in how we got from point A to point B over time. Relevance and an interest in the game's development history are two different things. A lot of people aren't making the distinction.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-10-03 at 11:49 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

GC provides a closer look at development inside Blizzard. I didn't like everything he did with the game but I can appreciate a hindsight view on it rather than speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The only thing of his on the front page are his remarks about his time at Blizzard. Can't imagine anything quite so dumb as posting those to the LoL sub-forum.
    So if anyone from Riot or any other software developer has something to say about Blizzard we should expect to see that on the front page as well?

No... I rest my case.

What is dumb is trying to make news from some Blizzard has been who admittedly has nothing to say about CURRENT development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    i'd like to know why people still ask him WoW questions and such. He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata, MoP and WoD followed his class design structure and look at that ho turned out. So why then are people so interested in what he has to say? not to mention he has nothing to do with WoW at all (for better or for worse)
    He isnt at all. Like not even in the slightest.

He despises mmo-c.

He doesnt play wow anymore and its quite obvious he is kinda mad at how well Legion is doing without him.

All he does is tell some passive agressive stories pretty much all the time when in relation to wow, that then fumes his crowd to ask more demeaning questions about wow.

He should have been cut a long time ago.

He is stashed away somewhere far out of view in Riots office. And he should stay there

10+ Year Old Account
    So if anyone from Riot or any other software developer has something to say about Blizzard we should expect to see that on the front page as well?
    If it were someone who had a long and deep history with WoW and Blizzard and who people would be interested in hearing what they have to say, sure. That, of course, is stupidly different from what you just wrote. History has its place.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were someone who had a long and deep history with WoW and Blizzard and who people would be interested in hearing what they have to say, sure. That, of course, is stupidly different from what you just wrote. History has its place.
    Dumb... stupid...

Funny that you guys are allowed to walk that line... don't any of us dare get close to it though.

History does have its place... and it isn't on the front page.

Obviously, he has ties to Blizzard. It doesn't take a genius to recognize that. What this thread has been about is whether or not those ties continue to be relevant. None of what was posted on the front page contributes to current development and is definitely not news worthy, and as such is not relevant.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-03 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb... stupid...

Funny that you guys are allowed to walk that line... don't any of us dare get close to it though.

History does have its place... and it isn't on the front page.

That thinly veiled frustration about moderation is not as invisible as you put it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That thinly veiled frustration about moderation is not as invisible as you put it.
    Not thinly veiled at all. Right in the open for everyone to see. Wanna be a mod... act like it.

Kalgan never got this much attention. Everyone praised the coming of GC at the time too and bashed the hell out of Kalgan.

How little we knew about where the game was headed and how much we'd miss him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Kalgan never got this much attention. Everyone praised the coming of GC at the time too and bashed the hell out of Kalgan.

How little we knew about where the game was headed and how much we'd miss him...
    Kalgan really? Surely you jest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kalgan really? Surely you jest.
    Depends on the parts of the WoW community you are in. I've seen plenty of Kalgan hate. That said, GC got a lot more hate then any WoW Dev. Holinka is probably second in terms of hated devs.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You will forgive me, but you can't possibly think Legion is not sucking ass right now. Worst fucking expansion ever. Classes all broken, specs all broken. And Blizzard being dicks about fixing any of them quickly so that the gaming community can have fun. And not rerolling should NOT be an option. THIS EXPANSION SUCKS ASS...................PERIOD.
    How bored are you with your life?

Deleted
    That doesn't make any sense. The only thing of his on the front page are his remarks about his time at Blizzard. Can't imagine anything quite so dumb as posting those to the LoL sub-forum. I don't think he's relevant at all to current WoW and neither does he. Just about everything he talks about is some historical context about the game from when he was there. There is a lot of interest in how we got from point A to point B over time. Relevance and an interest in the game's development history are two different things. A lot of people aren't making the distinction.
    Seems like he stopped having any insider information long ago.

These days its mostly: "i made that and that, i was proud of that, last i played that was shit, today i have no idea because i dont play anymore".

He just has nothing of relevance to add anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's relevant at all to current WoW and neither does he. Just about everything he talks about is some historical context about the game from when he was there. There is a lot of interest in how we got from point A to point B over time. Relevance and an interest in the game's development history are two different things. A lot of people aren't making the distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Seems like he stopped having any insider information long ago.

These days its mostly: "i made that and that, i was proud of that, last i played that was shit, today i have no idea because i dont play anymore".

He just has nothing of relevance to add anymore
    I agree and said so. Very clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are trying to bait responses out of him to justify their feelings about the game.

That's it.

They want to be able to say "See? SEE! YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! But it's RIGHT FROM HIS MOUTH!"

It's kind of sad. They're "keeping him relevant" just to justify their own bitterness.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.