Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ugh, it's really killing me running it so much and constantly seeing others in the group get it. This is going to drive me to insanity.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Finally got both bindings guys. I could cry.

AK6. Artifact level 20. No exalted reps (cept nightfallen).

86 vault runs
    53 NL runs

Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantle View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for the Vault of the Wardens skip?
    I've been practicing alone, but for the life of me I can not get that bloody pillar grapple. Every single time without fail I'll bounce back down.

I've been trying this for 40 minutes now without a single success, seeing people do it first try is incredibly disheartening. NL was pretty fun in comparison, and incredibly easy.

Set your camera to top down view. Set grapple reticle directly above the pillar center mass. You won't be able to grapple just yet, but move the reticle slowly down as you click your mouse and eventually it will connect. Once you do, move your character forward simultaneously as you are grappling. Grouped with a rogue that could not do it either, but postmaster delivered him a binding!

Side note, I am AK 6 with no reps exalted (not that it matters)

133 NL Runs
    I lost count on Vault runs.

But, it's finally done. I was getting to the point of giving up. Went literally all weekend doing it. A second monitor is crucial. Turn on music. Watch shows. Anything to keep your mind at ease. Oh, and download SavedInstances addon on curse.

Finally! Thanks for help and good luck to all you guys.
    I dont remember when rogues was more united community than now! Its great!

Deleted
    Got mine finally!
    Im ak6, no special rep.
    Nel : 168 runs
    Vault : 120 runs
    Thanks for all the help guys.
    I hope you will get yours as well soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikachan View Post
    Set your camera to top down view. Set grapple reticle directly above the pillar center mass. You won't be able to grapple just yet, but move the reticle slowly down as you click your mouse and eventually it will connect. Once you do, move your character forward simultaneously as you are grappling. Grouped with a rogue that could not do it either, but postmaster delivered him a binding!
    Hmm, I really don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong then, I've tried it dozens of times, getting it as close to the center as I possibly can, but no matter what I do I just bounce back off.

Oh well, hopefully I can just shadowstep my way through all my runs

I guess I am alone in thinking that they don't look that great.

I am 100% not going to farm that hard for a skin in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    I'm amazed that anyone thinks the drop rate is bugged or there's some sort of problem or hidden trick we're missing. These were intended to be rare, not a chump skin you can farm in 1 or 2 days unless you were lucky.
    Then why are the other two hidden skins for the daggers farmable in a few hours or less? I'd argue that the Kingslayers are FAR more lore specific and key items in the game than the swords. This seems broken if it's taking over 100 kills of a boss for a drop. That is likely not working as intended.

I got both dagger skins within a few of each gated interaction. It took me 7-8 bosses in the underbelly, and then 5-6 keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkigrve View Post
    Then why are the other two hidden skins for the daggers farmable in a few hours or less? I'd argue that the Kingslayers are FAR more lore specific and key items in the game than the swords. This seems broken if it's taking over 100 kills of a boss for a drop. That is likely not working as intended.

I got both dagger skins within a few of each gated interaction. It took me 7-8 bosses in the underbelly, and then 5-6 keys.
    Was the original thunderfury easily obtained? Rogues were given a lot of love to have this skin imo. Having them makes the grind worth it. I also met a bunch of really amazing people. We chatted. All of us reveled and were happy to those that came and went that got their bindings. It brought the rogue community closer together than ever before. It was a great experience even though there were times I wanted to shoot myself.

Was the original thunderfury easily obtained? Rogues were given a lot of love to have this skin imo. Having them makes the grind worth it. I also met a bunch of really amazing people. We chatted. All of us reveled and were happy to those that came and went that got their bindings. It brought the rogue community closer together than ever before. It was a great experience even though there were times I wanted to shoot myself.

I second this. I now wish I could group with only rogues all the time. We laughed, we cried, we congratulated each other (after a few "screw yous" of course ).

It doesn't make sense for one spec to be harder than the others. It should be as equally obtainable. Making one harder than the others but serving the same tier purpose doesn't make any sense from a design perspective. Everyone loves to cling to Vanilla like it was an amazing experience, but it was over 10 years ago. Designs now are made to be a bit more rational.

The "show off" and "hard to obtain" weapon appearances are supposed to be the raid ones. From what I've read there will be other ones as well that will come with the upcoming content drops.

I do agree with the investigation work the community did. It was awesome. Having to run the same dungeon 300 time is ludicrous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkigrve View Post
    It doesn't make sense for one spec to be harder than the others. It should be as equally obtainable. Making one harder than the others but serving the same tier purpose doesn't make any sense from a design perspective. Everyone loves to cling to Vanilla like it was an amazing experience, but it was over 10 years ago. Designs now are made to be a bit more rational.

The "show off" and "hard to obtain" weapon appearances are supposed to be the raid ones. From what I've read there will be other ones as well that will come with the upcoming content drops.

I do agree with the investigation work the community did. It was awesome. Having to run the same dungeon 300 time is ludicrous though.
    it was like this sort of before dungeon finder. now everyone may as well be bots that we group with

Has anyone seen it drop in normal in the past 3-5 hours? I'm wondering if they hotfixed it... No one has been getting it.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2016-10-04 at 04:18 AM.

220 NL kills I'm losing hope tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Has anyone seen it drop in normal in the past 3-5 hours? I'm wondering if they hotfixed it... No one has been getting it.
    I haven't seen one since yesterday evening. Done about 25 runs since.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    It just dropped for a rogue in my group, so it's still working.

Quote Originally Posted by dloc76 View Post
    That's good to hear, I was just worried once I saw they made hotfixes earlier today.

So, have received my binding from ash'golm but Thrymjarys is not showing up no matter what I do.

Deleted
    LFM Vault Alliance EU xSoulyn#2679

Quote Originally Posted by dloc76 View Post
    How log ago was this btw? an hour ago or what? And was it normal mode?