Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    500k is still quite a lot if you aren't herbing a fair bit or coming from alt heavy WoD money.

Not surprising that a lot of people dont have WoD money because WoD was liquid fucking shit and wasn't worth wasting time every day opening boxes and sending out missions on 4-5++ characters. If you did that tedium for two years you deserve your money.
    If you pot 2x a pull and flask then it won't even buy you a month of consumables in a 3x3 hour guild. It's fucked up at the moment.

If people couldn't afford the prices, the wouldn't be so high because no one would be able to sell anything.

The prices are balanced fine right now. They will all decrease in 7.1 when mats flood the economy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashborer View Post
    If people couldn't afford the prices, the wouldn't be so high because no one would be able to sell anything.

The prices are balanced fine right now. They will all decrease in 7.1 when mats flood the economy though.
    Just like how defiled runes were supposed to be cheaper when LFR released right?

Not gonna happen, demand will still be high, and while for a few days/weeks (until people burn through their stash of BoS) prices will drop, consumables will still be expensive on the longer run. Why lower the price if people are still willing to buy at a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you pot 2x a pull and flask then it won't even buy you a month of consumables in a 3x3 hour guild. It's fucked up at the moment.
    This. It's fucking ridiculous that it costs me over 10k a week to play like a raider who actually gives a shit about their performance unless I wanna spend hours a day picking weeds. I've gotten to the point where I'm gimping my dps because I refuse to fucking blow 1500g a pull on potions and I don't even care. Bravo Blizzard.

So instead of "oh hey I'm getting herbs to get me pots to increase my output" it's "fuck this if everyone else is gonna make a billion gold off these herbs I'm sure as shit gonna do it too"

Semi-hardcore guild.
    3 raid days = 3*3=9 hours. 9 flasks around 2k = 18kg
    50 pulls (each pull req 2 pots.) so it is 100 (cost 500 to 1000g) 100*750 = 75kg
    Repair bills - 10k
    In the end

18+75+10=103 kg/week

Forgot to add food here.

Ravencrest EU 30+ pages for one herb....surely prices will go down fast...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    everyday on 15-20 chars over the life of WoD...that's it
    "That's it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    so 412K per month expenses. How long until this catches up with most guilds that are casual? Its not like everyone runs around with millions. Or if they are well by January they won't.
    Casuals never use consumables anyways.

WoD is the culprit here, and it's too late to fix it now. The blood vendor isn't going to do it. Sure, on 7.1 patch day stuff will spike down, but as soon as the initial influx is gone, prices will rise back up. Probably not to what they are now, but it's not going to be casual-affordable.

Deleted
    feeling like my proffesions now useless ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There are not enough gathering bots to drop prices significantly like they did previously. There are plenty of AH bots who buy out everything below X price (making it impossible to cut price, you place roses for 25g each and they are bought out INSTANTLY and probably re-auctioned for 200g+ or used by bot-owner to craft potions with very cheap resources and sell them for 2k+).

So... yeah, IMO it's kinda busted right now, i personally can't say that i'm unhappy getting 20kg+ from selling roses per day-two, since i can't be bothered with using said consumables because i'm a filthy casual and do mythic+ with friends who are filthy casuals too who won't ever make it through m4+, but at least it saves my nerves from all this drama

You don't have to be a bot to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    so 412K per month expenses. How long until this catches up with most guilds that are casual? Its not like everyone runs around with millions. Or if they are well by January they won't.
    I leveled a toon and all he does is herb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    WoD is the culprit here, and it's too late to fix it now.
    It's not too late. They just need to introduce very expensive, unique, tradeable mounts available for a limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Ravencrest EU 30+ pages for one herb....surely prices will go down fast...
    30 pages of stack of 1, wont go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You don't have to be a bot to do that.
    You must have very fun experience in WoW if you sit on AH all day and instantly buy out every single starlight rose with 99 and less buyout, but not 99.01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This won't apply to everyone but if your guild bank is sitting on millions but leadership is still making every raider donate supplies and bring all their own consumables and farm for hours a day instead of gearing up in M+, you're getting screwed. gbanks are not the GMs retirement fund for when the guild breaks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It's not just because garrisons. The terrain is terrible to travel, which you have to do on ground, mobs are scaled to your level, and most of the nodes are near some mob. + the rank system on both gathering and crafting professions. Also, granted, I have been only once out to gather herbs for 2-3 hours, but the nodes seem to be less and more scattered than before. I think it is because the personal node system. So even gathering them is not a huge fun.
    The only thing i blame garrisons for is that Blizz did a 180 after the criticism of easily accessible mats from garrisons, and now we have... this.. :/ Lovely.
    What I love is seeing this multiboxer warrior with his 5 padawans running after him gathering ore/herb.
    i thought about how much insane money a multiboxer must make with gathering herb / ore right now. 100 k per hour at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You must have very fun experience in WoW if you sit on AH all day and instantly buy out every single starlight rose with 99 and less buyout, but not 99.01.
    Addons lets you actively watch certain things, constantly. Even though yes, there are bots, a lot of players do just ride the auction house and watch things like a hawk all day, or when they can. For example, let's say you list something for way undercut, most likely if it's worth reselling in about 5 - 10 minutes you'll see someone with an addon like TSM come buy it all up.

I can't wait until the AH gets revamped and controlling the market like this becomes a lot less possible.

Quote Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
    This won't apply to everyone but if your guild bank is sitting on millions but leadership is still making every raider donate supplies and bring all their own consumables and farm for hours a day instead of gearing up in M+, you're getting screwed. gbanks are not the GMs retirement fund for when the guild breaks up.
    You'd be surprised how quickly that money can drain from just repairs when you're pulling bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's not too late. They just need to introduce very expensive, unique, tradeable mounts available for a limited time.
    This isn't a mandatory gold sink. I don't think it would help as much as you think. The people who make a lot tend to not spend it on frivolous shit. That's how they have a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, all of these combined to create the perfect storm:

1. Loads of gold floating around the system due to WoD garrisons and game time token sales
    2. Herbalists are struggling to gather enough herbs to satisfy demand because
    a. It's RNG whether your gathering skills upgrade- rank 1 gets you very few herbs per node tapped, rank 2 is somewhat better, rank 3 is so rare it's almost a unicorn
    b. There are often too many herbalists per phase/shard, and they can't fly
    c. Those same herbalists tend to stick to the roads and areas with fewer mobs - few are willing to go into the more densely populated areas where herbs are more plentiful
    3. Larger quantities of herbs are required for alchemy recipes
    4. Large quantities of herbs are now required for the better cooking recipes, adding a new drain on the herb supply

I doubt we will see flying before next summer. I don't necessarily think it's going to get any better with flying, either; I'm a stealth class with shadowmeld so I typically herb the higher population areas most herbalists shun, and I can keep a significant portion of Stormheim picked clean myself, just moving on the ground. When people can fly in and grab stuff I will have even more competition to contend with.

What they need to do, but probably won't:

1. Fewer herbalists per phase/shard, or add more nodes and speed up the spawn rate
    2. Lower the number of herbs required for various alchemy and cooking recipes
    3. Revisit the low, low drop rate of the rank 3 quests, which can significantly enhance what the gatherer gets per node tapped and thus add to supply

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    This isn't a mandatory gold sink. I don't think it would help as much as you think. The people who make a lot tend to not spend it on frivolous shit. That's how they have a lot.
    You're right that it isn't a mandatory gold sink, but I believe it would be a very effective one. If you tell players they can buy a tradeable cool-looking mount for 1 million gold-- but only until November 1st, then it goes away forever, people like me with many millions of gold will spend all of it on those mounts.

Not because we want to use the mounts ourselves! Because it's guaranteed to be a great investment! It will sell for more later on. We'll make money on them.

When players pay players, no money is generated. So that's fine. The millions of gold spent on the mounts has been removed from the economy permanently.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-10-04 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Umm I don't know anyone with over 500k gold and thats one person.. So where you get raiders are sitting on millions of gold I have no idea its an obscene generalisation.

If you have millions good for you. Most people don't have anything like that kinda of gold.
    Then, honestly, you know people who should've taken advantage of WoD while they could. I didn't exploit nearly all I could, didn't challenge mode boost, didn't raid... I just did Garrisons. I have game time until 2018, and a good 1,5 million gold just sitting around. I'm not saying that to brag, merely making a point. If you and people you know don't have this, it's no one's fault but your own. There are people with far more than me, too. Loads of them.