The prequels are great shut up.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The prequels are gross shit, yup.
    Fixed that for you.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review.

RedLetterMedia
    Oct 2, 2016

I squeeze gats till my clips is empty. A review of The Force Awakens and much much more...
    I love the end of it lol.

When he mocks people like me who complain about JJ Abrams' shtick of having planets appear really close together.

You're damn right I want some factual science in my science fiction movie about space wizards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ&t=1h41m58s
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-10-04 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You're damn right I want some factual science in my science fiction movie about space wizards!
    I do not want actual science fact in my science fiction with space wizards, but I do want my science fiction with space wizards to keep up to the actual established facts of that fictional universe.

In a universe where people suddenly and random without warning gain powerful force skills, make Reys development totaly acceptable and credible. But this is Star Wars, there you need to be of the right bloodline and train hard to gain powerful force skill, that make Reys development totaly unacceptable and unreal.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-10-04 at 06:47 PM.

The entire implication is that it wasn't sudden or random, that she has had training (and possibly an important bloodline), which was clearly suppressed, probably forcefully, by someone who saw the Dark Side in her. She's obviously been mind-wiped and given a strong hypnotic suggestion to always stay on Jakku, as expressed by her constantly saying, "I need to go home."

She, after all, had a flash back to Luke's Jedi Academy and the night Kylo Ren and his Knights destroyed the entire place, as well as flash backs to things she couldn't have possibly been at, like Luke and Vader's lightsaber duel in RotJ.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The entire implication is that it wasn't sudden or random, that she has had training (and possibly an important bloodline), which was clearly suppressed, probably forcefully, by someone who saw the Dark Side in her. She's obviously been mind-wiped and given a strong hypnotic suggestion to always stay on Jakku, as expressed by her constantly saying, "I need to go home."

She, after all, had a flash back to Luke's Jedi Academy and the night Kylo Ren and his Knights destroyed the entire place, as well as flash backs to things she couldn't have possibly been at, like Luke and Vader's lightsaber duel in RotJ.
    It was their duel in Empire strike back. The one where Vader reveal he is Luke's father, thats why its important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review.

RedLetterMedia
    Oct 2, 2016

I squeeze gats till my clips is empty. A review of The Force Awakens and much much more...

Agreed.
    Force Awakens was a well directed, well paced solid movie but it was too much of a copy more so than just a simple "mirroring" of the OT like many say.
    A story that mirrored the OT would be KotoR which took story elements and set pieces that you recognised but stil lfelt like its own thing.

As for the prequels, they didnt really expand much but they did at least showed the Republic everyone was talking about, with various inhabited planets, its capital etc etc. (something that Kotor did as well)
    Something that I would like to see in the new ones instead of a combination of planets swapping forest/ice/desert

One problem with Episode 7 is that you don't come away thinking "I really want to see X and Y duel!"

In the prequels, you wanted to see Obi-Wan and Vader duel. You wanted to see Yoda duel sith. You wanted to see Windu duel. Is anyone really hyped for a Luke with Kylo Ren duel? Or to see Snoke duel anyone? Or to see Rey duel anyone? I'm not.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I didn't want to see Obi Wan and Anakin duel after the first movie.

And I never even thought about seeing Yoda duel. It never even occurred to me that Yoda would use a lightsaber, which seems like a weapon for...yanno, people with reach. To me, Yoda would just be a pure Force user who just basically fucked up shit with his mind while he stood perfectly still. I mean, the dude lifted an X Wing out of a swamp with his mind. And Windu is just a made up Jedi, so who cares if it's him dueling vs. any other random, generic Jedi?

And I definitely DO want to see Rey and Kylo meet again. There's definitely something there, a recognition on his part, of who she may be.

I think my favorite part in the entire video is the calling out of the obvious PR job that was all the sudden defending of the pro-Prequel articles that all came out right around when Disney bought Star Wars.

I never realized how targeted and obvious it was. Shit's like GamerGate's "Gamers are dead" articles, yo.

To me, Yoda would just be a pure Force user who just basically fucked up shit with his mind while he stood perfectly still.
    This is what Palpatine and Yoda's confrontation should have been.

Instead we got a laughable mess. I guess the least terrible part was when they were flinging senator hover-stations at one another, showing their Force might, but being the nicest piece of corn in a pile of dogshit still isn't saying much.

Lightsaber fights, as RLM points out in its prequel reviews, are supposed to be just as much, if not more, about the emotional confrontation between the two characters. Not just flashy sparks being shot off from two lightsabers. That's why they all work well in the first three movies. And its why the duel between Kylo Ren and Rey is so good in TFA.

Jedi aren't supposed to just be constantly whipping out Lightsabers and butchering one another.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-10-06 at 01:50 PM.

I'm not sure I agree with the "defending the prequels" thing as part of Disney buying the franchise. My impression is that Disney has been pretty eager to put the prequels behind them while begrudgingly acknowledging them as canon.

I think the articles came out because hipsters and millennials and hipster millennials wanted to be contrarian without any actual knowledge about film-making, directing, or screenwriting. Episode 7 isn't Citizen Kane, but it was well directed, written, and made.

Why are people who hate star wars in a star wars thread?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why are people who hate star wars in a star wars thread?
    same reason people who hate wow are on a wow forum i guess

Which makes it more like it was used almost as a holocron NOT her memories. Even if she was trained to the age she left, the training she received would not have been nearly enough to do what she had done.

- - - Updated - - -

Lord so many people in this thread with very little actual supported reason to hate the prequels just saying it just to sound cool or something.

I didn't want to see Obi Wan and Anakin duel after the first movie.

And I never even thought about seeing Yoda duel. It never even occurred to me that Yoda would use a lightsaber, which seems like a weapon for...yanno, people with reach. To me, Yoda would just be a pure Force user who just basically fucked up shit with his mind while he stood perfectly still. I mean, the dude lifted an X Wing out of a swamp with his mind. And Windu is just a made up Jedi, so who cares if it's him dueling vs. any other random, generic Jedi?

And I definitely DO want to see Rey and Kylo meet again. There's definitely something there, a recognition on his part, of who she may be.
    Yoda was called a great warrior for a reason.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

So him using purely the Force as his weapon makes him not a warrior? He can fight a war with just the Force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Which makes it more like it was used almost as a holocron NOT her memories. Even if she was trained to the age she left, the training she received would not have been nearly enough to do what she had done.

- - - Updated - - -

Lord so many people in this thread with very little actual supported reason to hate the prequels just saying it just to sound cool or something.
    There's lots of supported reason. Like 100 years of cinematography and our understanding of what makes a good film. Also, it's a lightsaber, how can it be a holocron? How is it she's the only one who can pick up shit from it?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So him using purely the Force as his weapon makes him not a warrior? He can fight a war with just the Force.
    So could Palpatine and practically any other jedi/sith: "Oh look I'm throwing a something at you", "Ha, look at me catching it and throwing right back at ya!", "No, no you didn't!", or if you played Jedi Knight games you would know what happens when both parties use Force Push on each other... nothing, hence lightsabers. True skill. Before lightsabers it were metal swords.

Yoda was a Jedi, a Jedi must have a lightsaber. Using it is a matter of circumstances. Size doesn't matter.

Palpatine was a more powerful force user, because DARK SIDE. Exile he Yoda Forced into.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So could Palpatine and practically any other jedi/sith: "Oh look I'm throwing a something at you", "Ha, look at me catching it and throwing right back at ya!", "No, no you didn't!", or if you played Jedi Knight games you would know what happens when both parties use Force Push on each other... nothing, hence lightsabers. True skill. Before lightsabers it were metal swords.

Yoda was a Jedi, a Jedi must have a lightsaber. Using it is a matter of circumstances. Size doesn't matter.

Palpatine was a more powerful force user, because DARK SIDE. Exile he Yoda Forced into.
    Where does it say a Jedi must have a lightsaber?

Its in the jedi code
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi Trials. To become a Jedi a Padawan must:
    1. Find a proper crystal
    2. Craft a lightsaber

Not to mention all the canon stuff about Jedi's and their Lightsabers. How a Jedi should never lose their lightsaber because it's the extension of them, part of them.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side