Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    So regarding the unit placement UI changes on the front page today, I assume this confirms that 7.1 will indeed break addons such as Bandaid, that help us to figure out who is within range of our Mastery? Any of you savvy enough in addon-speak to be able to confirm that interpretation?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-coming-in-71/
    Yes, more advanced trig addons like bandaid will break because they're entirely dependent on UnitPosition and UnitFacing. You will still be able to approximate distances the old way with IsSpellInRange, but you cannot know the true position in x,y. I saw some discussions on the WA discord regarding how to circumvent this with approximation and sharing of data between multiple clients but I don't know if it lead somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mmochampworsethanofficial View Post
    Just got the legendary belt, is it any good?
    Of course it's good, it's a legendary item. The other ones (especially the shoulders, but also the hands, ring and neck) might be a bit better, but on the other hand the belt doesn't take a tier spot, which is pretty nice I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    Of course it's good, it's a legendary item. The other ones (especially the shoulders, but also the hands, ring and neck) might be a bit better, but on the other hand the belt doesn't take a tier spot, which is pretty nice I think.
    I guess it's not horrible, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mmochampworsethanofficial View Post
    I guess it's not horrible, thanks.
    It has ilvl 895 and crit. Unless you already have another, better legendary, you should be very happy!

What are your Crit % unbuffed guys?

Trying to use the spreadsheet on Sacredshielding, but gets into a loop that tells me that crit is my worst stat, but when i remove some crit items it goes back up to be the best.

Could anyone please help me out. What crit % should you aim for, and when does crit start to drop off as a desirable stat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post

Trying to use the spreadsheet on Sacredshielding, but gets into a loop that tells me that crit is my worst stat, but when i remove some crit items it goes back up to be the best.

Could anyone please help me out. What crit % should you aim for, and when does crit start to drop off as a desirable stat?
    im around 40% and i would never change an item that has crit + something for one without crit if its same ilvl no matter what the spreadsheet tells me.

Deleted
    41% with the Hellfire trinket, so in fight i'm around 42-45%.
    I share Xhosas's sentiments.

Hey everyone, been keeping up to date as well as reading in the hpal discord. Stopping in to seek some advice, as I recently rolled HPAL for legion from priest (we had some healer changes and our paladin went MIA so I opted to take the role). We're a fairly casual guild with a 2 night per week raid schedule, with a 3rd for farm content, however i still want to make sure im playing my class properly and making the most of it.

Right now i really feel like im screwing something up, and am completely lost. I find myself getting stomped on the meters most nights.

Here is last nights logs, we went 4/7 and didnt really have any major issues, aside from nailing down positioning and movements on ursoc and tanks getting the swaps down correct.

Currently im running a gearset that has me at 35% crit 35% mastery and 7%ish vers. Note, I do have a set that i can sack the vers and go 42% crit and 25%ish mastery, just thought id try and keep an even balance and use a little vers on the more hectic fights. I dont know whether or not i should be just going all out on crit, and saying f-all ill take whatever mastery vers secondary i get, or i should be taking the more balanced approach.

As far as talents go, in the raid, im pretty much always running Lightbringer, with bestow faith and rule of law, avenger and aura of mercy, i have prot of tyr and power of the silverhand and will unlock my 24th trait today, with the ability to take the top golden or go for the bonus crit healing on wrath. Ive tried running BoF and BoV in both heroic and normal diffculties, and just really couldnt make BoV worth it minus MAYBE ilg/nyth but theres hardly any healing on nythendra anyways. As far as faith goes, it just didnt have the desired effects on ursoc and i could pump way more healing and get more out of LoD using lightbringer.

Link to armory> /wow/en/character/sargeras/Erklepal/simple

Our raid comp is usually 20-21 strong last night i dont think we had quite 20 people but we always 4heal and have a MW swing 5th if ever needed (havent needed to yet in heroic). Heres last nights logs, and so far has been my best night, but ill also drop a link to our entire guilds log pages.

/reports/1jJzRTG3xy6NbDMk#type=healing&source=9

/guilds/128990/

In closing if you guys see any glaring issues, other than my complete lack of CD usage and terrible RoL usage, id appreciate any and all advice,

Thanks.

(cant post links, just add us.battle.net and warcraftlogs.com)

10+ Year Old Account

I had 40% crit but horrible mastery, was really hard in 5mans, currently 33 12 30 5, in order.

- - - Updated - - -

How is everyone finding Teeming? Did +4 for the first time (BRH) and I thought I should just uninstall...
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Erkledore View Post
    Hey everyone, been keeping up to date as well as reading in the hpal discord. Stopping in to seek some advice, as I recently rolled HPAL for legion from priest (we had some healer changes and our paladin went MIA so I opted to take the role). We're a fairly casual guild with a 2 night per week raid schedule, with a 3rd for farm content, however i still want to make sure im playing my class properly and making the most of it.

Right now i really feel like im screwing something up, and am completely lost. I find myself getting stomped on the meters most nights.

Here is last nights logs, we went 4/7 and didnt really have any major issues, aside from nailing down positioning and movements on ursoc and tanks getting the swaps down correct.

Currently im running a gearset that has me at 35% crit 35% mastery and 7%ish vers. Note, I do have a set that i can sack the vers and go 42% crit and 25%ish mastery, just thought id try and keep an even balance and use a little vers on the more hectic fights. I dont know whether or not i should be just going all out on crit, and saying f-all ill take whatever mastery vers secondary i get, or i should be taking the more balanced approach.

As far as talents go, in the raid, im pretty much always running Lightbringer, with bestow faith and rule of law, avenger and aura of mercy, i have prot of tyr and power of the silverhand and will unlock my 24th trait today, with the ability to take the top golden or go for the bonus crit healing on wrath. Ive tried running BoF and BoV in both heroic and normal diffculties, and just really couldnt make BoV worth it minus MAYBE ilg/nyth but theres hardly any healing on nythendra anyways. As far as faith goes, it just didnt have the desired effects on ursoc and i could pump way more healing and get more out of LoD using lightbringer.

Link to armory> /wow/en/character/sargeras/Erklepal/simple

Our raid comp is usually 20-21 strong last night i dont think we had quite 20 people but we always 4heal and have a MW swing 5th if ever needed (havent needed to yet in heroic). Heres last nights logs, and so far has been my best night, but ill also drop a link to our entire guilds log pages.

/reports/1jJzRTG3xy6NbDMk#type=healing&source=9

/guilds/128990/

In closing if you guys see any glaring issues, other than my complete lack of CD usage and terrible RoL usage, id appreciate any and all advice,

Thanks.

(cant post links, just add us.battle.net and warcraftlogs.com)
    First things first, in my opinion, 272k hps on Heroic Ursoc, as long as the boss dies and there were no tank deaths, is perfectly fine. HPS comparisons don't work quite the same way as DPS ones, so don't get too hung up on your position on the charts, especially compared to other healer specs. That said, there are a few things you might want to think about. Light of Dawn is a really, really good spell and should be a priority any time multiple people will benefit from the heal. Obviously, there's not much raid damage in the first ~25 seconds of Ursoc, but there's probably 3-4 more casts you can fit it. Each one is can be worth easily 750k-1mil healing, so definitely worth the global. I also like Prism mostly in raids, instead of Holy Avenger. The CD seems to line up well with raid damage bursts and it's yet another spell we can cast on the move. Next, you could be getting more value out of your personal throughput CD's. You only case Avenging Wrath once and I don't see Tyr's Deliverance at all. Try to plan ahead so you can get as many activations out of those during important momemts of the fight as you can. Generally, I cast AW after the first charge , Tyr's after the second and then both pretty much on CD after that. Finally, and this is admittedly a tiny quibble, but Divine Protection can mitigate a lot of charge damage if you use it when it's your turn to soak. Prolly not gonna show up on the charts, but it could save your life and potentially turn a wipe into a kill, so just food for thought. Anyway, those are just my opinions. I think stat priorities are so close right now that whatever set you feel comfortable in should be what you use.

Quote Originally Posted by exriel View Post
    First things first, in my opinion, 272k hps on Heroic Ursoc, as long as the boss dies and there were no tank deaths, is perfectly fine. HPS comparisons don't work quite the same way as DPS ones, so don't get too hung up on your position on the charts, especially compared to other healer specs. That said, there are a few things you might want to think about. Light of Dawn is a really, really good spell and should be a priority any time multiple people will benefit from the heal. Obviously, there's not much raid damage in the first ~25 seconds of Ursoc, but there's probably 3-4 more casts you can fit it. Each one is can be worth easily 750k-1mil healing, so definitely worth the global. I also like Prism mostly in raids, instead of Holy Avenger. The CD seems to line up well with raid damage bursts and it's yet another spell we can cast on the move. Next, you could be getting more value out of your personal throughput CD's. You only case Avenging Wrath once and I don't see Tyr's Deliverance at all. Try to plan ahead so you can get as many activations out of those during important momemts of the fight as you can. Generally, I cast AW after the first charge , Tyr's after the second and then both pretty much on CD after that. Finally, and this is admittedly a tiny quibble, but Divine Protection can mitigate a lot of charge damage if you use it when it's your turn to soak. Prolly not gonna show up on the charts, but it could save your life and potentially turn a wipe into a kill, so just food for thought. Anyway, those are just my opinions. I think stat priorities are so close right now that whatever set you feel comfortable in should be what you use.
    Thanks a ton for the input and ill definitely be giving prism a shot, ive noticed alot of other paladin parses, they are taking the talent, but only seeing 1-3 casts per fight, so from a throughput standpoint i didnt really feel it was that great, but ill give it a go tonight. I know my cooldown usage is frickin terrible, and thats honestly been my biggest issue switching to paladin so ill make some more weakauras to scream at me when im not using them. Again thanks alot and ill take what you said into consideration, i kind of figured it was just poor usage of CD's mostly.

Also for prism do you guys use a focus or tgt of tgt macro to make sure its always hitting the boss/enemy mob?

Quote Originally Posted by Erkledore View Post
    Thanks a ton for the input and ill definitely be giving prism a shot, ive noticed alot of other paladin parses, they are taking the talent, but only seeing 1-3 casts per fight, so from a throughput standpoint i didnt really feel it was that great, but ill give it a go tonight. I know my cooldown usage is frickin terrible, and thats honestly been my biggest issue switching to paladin so ill make some more weakauras to scream at me when im not using them. Again thanks alot and ill take what you said into consideration, i kind of figured it was just poor usage of CD's mostly.

Also for prism do you guys use a focus or tgt of tgt macro to make sure its always hitting the boss/enemy mob?
    You can, I know a lot of people do, but personally, I like the flexability of being able to use it for single target healing on the move if my other options are unavailable or to get the AoE damage and I'm already running low on convenient keybinds, so I don't use a macro. Also, for reference, on our last Ursoc kill, I cast Prism 11 times for about 7.5 mil healing over the course of the fight, with about 6% overheal. Also, one thing I forgot to mention earlier, Devotion Aura is better than Aura of Mercy for that fight and most fights, even tho it won't show it on the meters. Basically, Devo gives you the option to prevent about ~4 mil raid damage if used well, while Mercy can only heal back about 2-2.5 mil during the same point in the fight (Aura Mastery). So it will make you look worse, but your raid is more likely to get kills as a result. Just make sure to talk to your officers so you are all on the same page there.

Am I right in thinking that 50% is the crit soft cap, for holy shock? And that after 50%, crit is the worst stat and we should stack mast/vers? I was never clear exactly when crit loses value.

Okay, quick gear question if someone doesn't mind answering real quick.

1. Wracksoul girdle- (835 ivl) 621 crit, 304 haste, 846 int.

2. Arcane defenders belt- (865 Ilvl) 429 haste, 606 mastery, 1,119 int.

My current stats: 33% crit, 42% mastery, 5% haste, 2% vers.

I know Ilvl usually trumps everything but I go from 33% crit to 31% crit. I also go from 42% mastery to 45%.

Need help here. Not really sure what to roll with. And yes, I know my crit is odd compared to mastery, but I've been somewhat unlucky with gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    Am I right in thinking that 50% is the crit soft cap, for holy shock? And that after 50%, crit is the worst stat and we should stack mast/vers? I was never clear exactly when crit loses value.
    Technically yeah.

Crit actually looses value as soon as you hit 100% crit chance breakpoint with Avenging Wrath. Right now it's at 30%. That's the minimum amount of crit you should have.

The softcap is at 50%. That's the point when crit becomes our worst stat. However I wouldn't recommend gearing for that because of our upcoming 2 set bonus that will have 15% HS crit chance.

Also calculate in buff food.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Okay, quick gear question if someone doesn't mind answering real quick.

1. Wracksoul girdle- (835 ivl) 621 crit, 304 haste, 846 int.

2. Arcane defenders belt- (865 Ilvl) 429 haste, 606 mastery, 1,119 int.

My current stats: 33% crit, 42% mastery, 5% haste, 2% vers.

I know Ilvl usually trumps everything but I go from 33% crit to 31% crit. I also go from 42% mastery to 45%.

Need help here. Not really sure what to roll with. And yes, I know my crit is odd compared to mastery, but I've been somewhat unlucky with gear.

I would use the higher ilvl only on stacked fights cause 45% mastery is a bit overkill. Ursoc is a good example if you stand close to the melee and tanks. Also, do you have the darkmoon trinket? Cause you also have to factor crit from there too.

I have around 35% unbuffed.. 33% 'mastery and 8% vers.. I destroy our other paladin who has over 40% crit.. when he started gearing more like I do we are a lot closer.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2016-10-06 at 02:46 AM.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Okay yeah, gonna go with the 835. Not enough Ilvl to disregard stats.

Another question.

Vial of nightmare fog- 885 Ilvl 1,062 crit and it can apply a shield that absorbs 203.9k damage for 15 secs.

An'she's infusion of light- 1k int and 882 mastery

Stats with vial: 36% crit and 39% mastery

Stats with other: 33% crit and 42% mastery:

I feel like this is obvious just want an opinion.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-10-06 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Okay yeah, gonna go with the 835. Not enough Ilvl to disregard stats.

Another question.

Vial of nightmare fog- 885 Ilvl 1,062 crit and it can apply a shield that absorbs 203.9k damage for 15 secs.

An'she's infusion of light- 1k int and 882 mastery

Stats with vial: 36% crit and 39% mastery

Stats with other: 33% crit and 42% mastery:

I feel like this is obvious just want an opinion.
    TBH I would say fog depending on how often it prove.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2016-10-06 at 04:19 AM.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by west23 View Post
    Technically yeah.

Crit actually looses value as soon as you hit 100% crit chance breakpoint with Avenging Wrath. Right now it's at 30%. That's the minimum amount of crit you should have.

The softcap is at 50%. That's the point when crit becomes our worst stat. However I wouldn't recommend gearing for that because of our upcoming 2 set bonus that will have 15% HS crit chance.

Also calculate in buff food.
    Is Crit still the best stat between 30% (AW cap) and 50% (regular cap)?

Will the 15% be added before or after Holy Shock's 'double crit chance bonus'? If added before, that would make the softcap 35% (which then gets the 15% to take it to 50%, and is then doubled), whereas if it is applied after, the cap would be 42.5% (which would be double to 85%, and then get the 15% extra).