10+ Year Old Account

Best choices for multiple spec gearing/AP?

As I have arrived at this point that I might have to start using my OSs for my alt raids, then have some questions what I am wondering about...

To start off which of the DPS spec - feral or balance complement guardian gearing for versa - mastery - haste? Would look into only swapping trinkets and neck/ring (for proper enchants). Cause going over the stats prios neither of feral or balance comes close to having a similar priority.

Resto feels kinda the same with mastery/versa being at the bottom...

How much does having "wrong stats" on armor influence the healing and damage of the spec? Just wondering cause right now from EN and WQ the items are more with crit/haste and mastery/versa in combination with the other 2, so finding bits and pieces is not that hard. I am just afraid that once the tier progress and better gear for guardian becomes available my OS gear will lag behind if I cannot find the balance between the item stats.

How many AP is worth to invest into the OS weapons when you plan to have 2 OS. Can you nicely get away with just having 13 points or more needed to be somewhat "decent" in what you are doing?

As I don't raid on a competitive level being best of the best is not my goal, though if I have to play my OS, I don't really want to be carried...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    As I have arrived at this point that I might have to start using my OSs for my alt raids, then have some questions what I am wondering about...

To start off which of the DPS spec - feral or balance complement guardian gearing for versa - mastery - haste? Would look into only swapping trinkets and neck/ring (for proper enchants). Cause going over the stats prios neither of feral or balance comes close to having a similar priority.

How much does having "wrong stats" on armor influence the healing and damage of the spec? Just wondering cause right now from EN and WQ the items are more with crit/haste and mastery/versa in combination with the other 2, so finding bits and pieces is not that hard. I am just afraid that once the tier progress and better gear for guardian becomes available my OS gear will lag behind if I cannot find the balance between the item stats.

How many AP is worth to invest into the OS weapons when you plan to have 2 OS. Can you nicely get away with just having 13 points or more needed to be somewhat "decent" in what you are doing?

As I don't raid on a competitive level being best of the best is not my goal, though if I have to play my OS, I don't really want to be carried...
    I can't tell you which spec to play, it really depends on the gameplay you look for.
    Regarding AP spending, it's very cheap to get a weapon to 13 (~6.8k AP), so that's a good start. I'm currently 22/14/13/12 on my weapons.
    I'd argue that you get the most bang for your bucks when reaching the second golden dragon talent on a weapon, and I intend to go there on one or two offspecs as soon as I unlock the last golden talent for my main spec.

Deleted
    For both Boomkin and Feral Haste/Maserty/Vers gear is pretty bad - you will want to have crit for both of the aforementioned specs and they will feel quite bad to play without it. As for resto I am not sure but I know that haste / Mastery is not a horrible stat combination.

How much does having "wrong stats" on armor influence the healing and damage of the spec?
    It depends, if you have a full set of optimal stat gear vs a full set of non-optimal set gear the dps margin will be quite large. But if you have a few pieces of non-optimal gear lying around they wont make a huge difference.

How many AP is worth to invest into the OS weapons when you plan to have 2 OS.
    Some specs like feral have breakpoints that are almost necessary to reach to keep up on DPS (19), resto can get away with a low artifact level (13-14) and boomkin also benefits heavy from having taken their 19 point golden trait.

All in all I play both Guardian and Feral in my raids and I just stick to having two different sets of gear - its pretty easy now to farm 850 gear from mythics/mythic+ so I would just go and grab a set of optimal gear/trinkets for your offspec. As for your artifact level, sadly due to the nature of how artifacts work you are always going to struggle having multiple offspecs and competing with people who have focused on just leveling one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrQuota View Post
    For both Boomkin and Feral Haste/Maserty/Vers gear is pretty bad - you will want to have crit for both of the aforementioned specs and they will feel quite bad to play without it.
    I know haste is shit for Feral since their bleeds don't benefit, but Balance is a much different story. Especially for AE, were haste beats absolutely everything, including int. The two have vastly different stat preferences.

Resto/Balance might work, since both like haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing why I opted for the "lazy" approach and asking can I use relatively same gear is the fact, that my MS is not that greatly geared as well. At best I do have time do few mythics over the weekend and that's about it (I do need items for my MS as well), thus I really cannot call it farming sadly.

As for AP, getting 19 points demands so much AP to keep the secondary weapon(s) up. That I don't want to sacrifice that much from my main weapon, given that I fucked the order up in which I should be taking the golden traits and now playing catch up.

I guess wise would be to focus on the spec what could get more utilization, like resto. Cause I am usually in the situation in my alt runs where I lack a healer, though I could have another tank and tons of DPS...

My goal is not to compete with other specs, but to at least be off use when needed, having a tank go healer (when you can get in another tank) is much better then having your top DPS go healer) afaik.

This is my present gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced, and I can restore some items via item restore I guess to for more resto. Though not sure how good are the WQ intellect trinkets with just some stats? How useful will be resto spec with lower ilvl/gear/crappy trinkets?

Seemingly I am pretty decently set for resto gear afaik - head, shoulder, gloves, belt, boots and the none legendary ring as well (though it has versa enchant on it). And possible can retrieve some 840s from item restore as well. Or will the gear I have be enough to help if really needed?

I play Guardian & Feral. Guardian is my main spec for 5-man Groups, Feral is my main spec for Raids. For the gear I prefere Mastery & Crit, because Mastery is for Guardian and Feral really good. The other stats I am not caring much about, normaly they are also ok for both specs on the gear I have. If you want to be perfect geared than you for sure have to go for two sets, but for me this stat prio works good for 5-man Group as tank and raid as dmg dealer, meaning: never had any Problems till today - but I have to admit that i am not a Progress raider and mostly Play for fun with some ambitious to proceed in the Content, but not as fast as Progress raider would.

For 5 mans both guardian and resto can use the same gear (haste/mastery) and for raiding boomkin and resto can share the same gear (haste/crit)

boomkin needs haste/crit primary for both 5 mans and raids and feral needs mastery/crit for the same

I personally would just store every piece of 840+ gear you have into the bank and then organize it because at some point you will get bored of your spec or just feel like playing something else and nothing is worse than trying to play feral with the wrong gear.

They have developed the game now to where druids will need multiple gear sets within their own spec to even be viable because of how poorly they developed some of the bonuses.

Resto for example, mastery is garbage in raids because hardly anyone will really benefit from the bonus, while 5 mans its god like.
    Last edited by xpose; 2016-10-04 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels more and more that having an OS or working on it seems like a waste of time, while getting an alt which MS which will do the same job in the long run will be more beneficial and less time consuming.

They have developed the game now to where druids will need multiple gear sets within their own spec to even be viable because of how poorly they developed some of the bonuses.
    I personally don't mind having multiple gear sets, cause lets face it most of the items drops tend to suite your OS better then your MS (at leas so I feel), what ticks me off is the investment in the artifact weapon and the thing that if you have to or choose to play your OS you will have to sacrifice some of the progression of AP on your MS weapon.

I guess I have to figure out by my next alt raid will the sacrifice be worth it to get my OS's weapon sorted or not. I guess I need to consult the resto druids who I run in my main runs how much exactly will my performance suffer if I don't go for second golden trait...
    Thanks for the input though.

feral's stat priorities are closer to guardian; balance likes haste/crit, essentially the reverse of guardian (plus iirc feral uses similar relics, which might make cross gearing easier)

that said if you're not doing 'competitive raiding'... just play whichever you prefer. Stat priority generally matters less than ilvl anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    that said if you're not doing 'competitive raiding'... just play whichever you prefer. Stat priority generally matters less than ilvl anyway
    I would prefer to tank over anything else.
    But if we lack a healer and I have an extra tank available, then I do feel that if I have the possible "option" to heal I should take it, instead of spending time looking for a replacement for that spot. And as if I decide to help out as a healer, I don't really want to be in the place where we would benefit me being DPS or going with one less healer rather a completely useless one.
    As for DPSing I have to think will I invest my time into 3rd OS as well or not.

Balance/Resto have the strongest synergy with Haste.

Guardian and Feral don't have much synergy, since Guardian does not care about Crit/Haste. But at least Mastery/Versatility is not shit on Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

Not sure how it works on feral, but for boomies haste is far too valuable to have as a third priority, same as it always has been, very gear dependant, not the correct stats and you won't do much. Feral had a buff to haste back in beta, but I dont think its super hot, but I believe crit is pretty valuable, but should be playable without crit. Resto can work fine with mastery - versa - haste, cultivation boosts mastery's value pretty heavily, versa is a bit undervalued, but if you can get some haste/mastery (or crit) rings and good trinkets you can get away with this.

Put simply, no one is "carrying" you because of non-optimized stats -- simply doesn't happen.

I play Resto > Guardian > Feral and I've been going with a blend of Mastery=Haste >= Crit. No specific thresholds, no real care about which one is favored at any given moment. You can /say/ that you aren't on a competitive level, but the very nature of asking this question on this platform says it at least matters to you -- medium is the message and all.

Fact of the matter is, nothing beyond understanding your class mechanics takes you into a competent level of play. Stat priority, BIS gearing, mix/max talent usage, effective AP usage -- all of that isn't necessary to be competent and not get carried when considering non-Mythic progression play.

If you want to go a level beyond competent, AP is the easiest and most casual way to have an impact. As others have said, Ashamane's Bite (19 point) is a clear win for Feral, Embrace of the Nightmare for Guardian (16 point) and Dreamwalker + Tranquil Mind (16 point) for Resto have meaningful impact. I'm currently at all these thresholds with no major effort except making sure I keep my Emissary quests from expiring.