Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    No more selfish or immature than then people i left behind. When more than half your team are already intentionally losing the game, i fail to see how you see someone like me as the immature/selfish one.
    Because leaving a game is NEVER an acceptable, mature, and good sportsmanship attitude.

Unless of course you are one of those aforementioned people trying to ruin the experience of those trying to win games in competitive.
    Not at all. There have been plenty of games where I cannot STAND the teammates I have or when we're getting slaughtered
    by the enemy team. I'd love to leave and toss in the towel, HOWEVER :

-I do not want to lose an even greater amount of ranking for doing so.
    -I do not want to get reported for leaving
    -I do not want people to see my name and think I'm "that guy".
    -I do not want to screw over those in my team who have done nothing to deserve being screwed over.

Even the most optimistic person would accept that a 2v6 is never going to result in a win.
    Of course not, but again, I'm not going to present myself as one of those salty players who can't "man up"
    and take a loss. Every single person is going to inevitably have a bad game experience. For some, its a
    lot more frequent then others, and sure, it is unbearably frustrating.

And if you can't handle that, don't play competitive. Simple as that. Go to Quick Play, the weekly Brawl, or
    vs. A.I.

I don't understand, if the game will not replace anyone who left under any circumstances, why it doesn't allow said players to join back into the game indefinitely. Cap them for a loss or whatever, but what's the point in stopping them coming back....
    If I had to reboot my router I couldn't get back into a game in under a minute. TBH even with SSD starting from a DC, I doubt I could reboot my PC, load up Bnet, and OW to get back into game in that time.

I'm that guy who never leaves. Into thousands of hours in DOTA 2 without ever leaving a match no matter how punished I'm getting for being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I don't understand, if the game will not replace anyone who left under any circumstances, why it doesn't allow said players to join back into the game indefinitely. Cap them for a loss or whatever, but what's the point in stopping them coming back....
    If I had to reboot my router I couldn't get back into a game in under a minute. TBH even with SSD starting from a DC, I doubt I could reboot my PC, load up Bnet, and OW to get back into game in that time.

I'm that guy who never leaves. Into thousands of hours in DOTA 2 without ever leaving a match no matter how punished I'm getting for being there.
    Basically, because if you're gone more than the 60 seconds, you've hosed your team, and should be penalized for that. Allowing people to rejoin afterwards should STILL result in them being marked as a "leaver" and prevented from joining other competitive matches for the same duration as if they didn't. It should STILL result in an automatic loss for that player, regardless of the team winning. That means there's little reason for most people to WANT to rejoin, and people who did so and then still got punished with a loss and a ban despite winning the match, those people would complain. Even though they completely deserved both.

Not letting them rejoin sort of negates that potential confusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Agreed. But in the mean time how hard would it be to implement something like this:

If a team losses a member, the remaining members do not loss rank, but the winners can still gain points?

People who intentionally leave would still be punished, but those who are affected aren't affected anymore.
    So when you're about to lose, you just start bullying your teammates into leaving? Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Basically, because if you're gone more than the 60 seconds, you've hosed your team, and should be penalized for that. Allowing people to rejoin afterwards should STILL result in them being marked as a "leaver" and prevented from joining other competitive matches for the same duration as if they didn't. It should STILL result in an automatic loss for that player, regardless of the team winning. That means there's little reason for most people to WANT to rejoin, and people who did so and then still got punished with a loss and a ban despite winning the match, those people would complain. Even though they completely deserved both.

Not letting them rejoin sort of negates that potential confusion.
    Come on Endus. I literally just linked a thread in the 2nd post with a Blue poster saying "The fact that a disconnected player is not able to rejoin a match is a bug."

And no they don't completely deserve a loss for a DC. A good number of DCs are to blame on Blizzard's side. There's no reason to punish a player for Blizz's screw up when the player is doing everything to not screw over his team.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I don't get why people enter the game to WIN. They should enter to have fun. Process of learning new things, improving skills should be fun because this will lead to better gameplay and more winning but if only winning is your fun, then you have to restruct yourself because this leads to just another broken TV/Monitor.
    Losing and raging out don't go hand in hand. Nor does raging lead to a physical outburst.
    On the odd occasion I can get pretty fucking annoyed at something, but that has never resulted in me bashing inanimate objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    So when you're about to lose, you just start bullying your teammates into leaving? Genius!
    I like the way you took what I said and took it to the extreme side of the scale. Nobody said bully anyone or even anything remotely close to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    I like the way you took what I said and took it to the extreme side of the scale. Nobody said bully anyone or even anything remotely close to that.
    But it's exactly what people do, the same reason that if you kick a player in CS:GO you get a bot that is worse than anyone possible in the game. You vastly underestimate the amount of douchebaggery people will do in order to lose less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I don't get why people enter the game to WIN. They should enter to have fun. Process of learning new things, improving skills should be fun because this will lead to better gameplay and more winning but if only winning is your fun, then you have to restruct yourself because this leads to just another broken TV/Monitor.
    Winning is the motivator, you get better to win, you lose so you can learn from your mistakes and win more. Wanting to win also leads you to find others who also want to win and if you happen to win a lot, you tend to get grouped with better players in the process. The game in general is fun for me, winning is why I play though because any game can be fun.