Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZbFBazz View Post
    Hey guys,

I got a 875 Counterweight in the Mythic+ chest today, so now I'm wondering what you'd suggest. I have an 840 Countermeasure, 860 Memento and the 875 Counterweight.

Cheers for any suggestions
    Counterweight is pretty weak. The 840 Countermeasure + 860 Memento should be best. You could use SimCraft but I'm 95% certain that it'll tell you to use FCM and Memento.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nando1991 View Post
    So i just got the Unstable Arcanocrystal .. How good is that actually? Right now i have a flat dmg increase trinket on with 1073 strength and 800 haste. Is that really worth switching? Guess ill try em out. I think this trinket shit is a jungle to figure out.
    Unstable Arcanocrystal should be like top3 trinkets. Take it! For my 869 Paladin it's the 2nd best right after FCM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I would like to know what your opinion is on the trinket which nythendra drops. Is the on use effect (aoe dmg) something you would consider to use on cleave/aoe fights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is there some sort of bug with GBoM on Recount?

I went into a raid last night, and felt awful because the other ret paladin at similar ilvl but no legendary was doing more than me, but then I noticed GBoM was his 2nd top damaging move, and neither me or the other ret paladin even had GBoM showing up on our Recount list. Possible that it was counting all the blessings as his for some reason? I mean, we both has ours on the same exact targets (me, him, and the DK) while the 3rd ret had theirs on someone else than the DK I believe.
    You could easily test out the theory by only sharing 2 targets, and picking 1 different target. If you upload your logs to warcraftlogs it will give you a breakdown of how much GBoM dmg you get from each target.

As a side note, I haven't noticed any issues with Skada, but I also do not raid with any other rets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Hey guys,

I would like to know what your opinion is on the trinket which nythendra drops. Is the on use effect (aoe dmg) something you would consider to use on cleave/aoe fights?
    This trinket is complete garbage. For single target my 825 FCM is better than the heroic 865 version I got.

For AOE the radius of the thing it drops is so tiny, and it doesn't move, I can't see it being useful for any fight in this teir.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    You could easily test out the theory by only sharing 2 targets, and picking 1 different target. If you upload your logs to warcraftlogs it will give you a breakdown of how much GBoM dmg you get from each target.

As a side note, I haven't noticed any issues with Skada, but I also do not raid with any other rets.
    huh, we too did put our GBoMs on same targets(there were 2 Rets in raid), and we all use Skada.
    My skada showed that GBoMs did up to 17.8% of my damage, while for the other Ret it showed some pitiful 3.7% or so.

Deleted
    It bugs with multiple Rets or multiple Mights on the same target as far as I know. AddOns and WCL are using some sort of hack to track GBoM, because Blizzard didn't update the combatlog as they promised. BoM bugs out very easily because of this :/

Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    It bugs with multiple Rets or multiple Mights on the same target as far as I know. AddOns and WCL are using some sort of hack to track GBoM, because Blizzard didn't update the combatlog as they promised. BoM bugs out very easily because of this :/
    what I noticed aswell is sometimes GBoMs put on the same target would cancel each other or remove the former casted one.

Deleted
    Indeed, Skada didn't work as expected while playing with mltiples mights on same targets, but WCL worked properly for us.

I went into a raid last night, and felt awful because the other ret paladin at similar ilvl but no legendary was doing more than me, but then I noticed GBoM was his 2nd top damaging move, and neither me or the other ret paladin even had GBoM showing up on our Recount list. Possible that it was counting all the blessings as his for some reason? I mean, we both has ours on the same exact targets (me, him, and the DK) while the 3rd ret had theirs on someone else than the DK I believe.
    I have heard that recount can bug out with GBoM. Details works perfectly fine with it though, don't know about skada.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I have heard that recount can bug out with GBoM.
    Yeah, it can't tell which paladin is responsible for a GBoM hit so it breaks if there's >1 Ret in the raid*

*Unless you're raiding with me on last nights Xavius kill and you don't notice before the pull that all your GBoMs just expired XD

I meant Skada, whoops. Not sure why I said recount.

But I know only once did I forget to put GBoM back up on like, Ursoc. Probably would of been a good time to check actually to see if his blessing damage went down but I didn't realize till after that how ridiculously high it was.

I've had this happen (using Skada), when there are 2+ rets. I had it happen in several dungeons it attributed damage to 1 ret, I was unable with rough testing to identify who gets the full monty and why. I did notice that it doesn't seem do it if you don't buff the other ret, and he doesn't buff you (i.e. you use 3rd Might on tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    what I noticed aswell is sometimes GBoMs put on the same target would cancel each other or remove the former casted one.
    I haven't seen that, but people switching talents/specs or zoning out of portal all cause GBoM to drop. it's a complete pain in my ass to keep track of that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    on to a more imminent issue. What do you guys think about the nerf to our most efficent WQ specc? 10% dmg from prot + a nerf to self heal... what do they think? I know there are tank speccs out there who are very much out of line. Looking at you blood DK! but why prot paladin?
    Isnt this a ret paladin discussion?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for single target, zeal is doin better than TFoJ? Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    Isnt this a ret paladin discussion?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for single target, zeal is doin better than TFoJ? Any thoughts?
    Yes it is and what is your conclusion when tank specc is considered the best WQ specc?

Zeal will pull ahead at a certain level of haste since it benefits more from haste than TFoJ. Also with zel you reduce the ability clash once you have sufficient haste.

Deleted

Mis-attributed GBoM isn't so much a bug in Recount (or Skada/warcraftlogs/etc), as a bug in the game - the actual combatlog events still don't attribute the procs to the casting paladin, but rather the person the blessing is on. As a result, anything parsing the combatlog has to make a best-effort guess at who to attribute the proc to, which works fine with a single ret paladin or multiples when they can see the blessings being cast and they're on separate targets, but gets messy with multiple paladins blessing the same targets, or if the combatlog was started after the blessings went out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this will now be the official Retribution guide for the forseeable (i.e. the end of Legion or whenever @Leyru gets tired of updating it) future.

10+ Year Old Account
    what talents are you guys using for Mythic+ dungeons?

next week will get the 3rd golden trait which buffs DS, and for now im going

Final Verdict
    Greater Judgment
    Divine Hammer
    Divine purpose

this is more trash oriented considering this week trait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    what talents are you guys using for Mythic+ dungeons?

next week will get the 3rd golden trait which buffs DS, and for now im going

Final Verdict
    Greater Judgment
    Divine Hammer
    Divine purpose

this is more trash oriented considering this week trait
    I'm running with Final Verdict, Greater Judgment, Blade of Wrath(I hate Divine Hammer downtimes) and Crusade. Crusade is huge for certain big pulls/trashpacks and much more reliable than Divine Purpose.

Pretty awesome AoE with Crusade; fine AoE without it and strong singletarget/Boss DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Leyru View Post
    I'm running with Final Verdict, Greater Judgment, Blade of Wrath(I hate Divine Hammer downtimes) and Crusade. Crusade is huge for certain big pulls/trashpacks and much more reliable than Divine Purpose.

Pretty awesome AoE with Crusade; fine AoE without it and strong singletarget/Boss DPS
    do you have specific, high-mastery gear for Mythics and if no, why GJ and not Zeal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    do you have specific, high-mastery gear for Mythics and if no, why GJ and not Zeal?
    I'm using an about 7k Mastery Set for dungeons and I'm pretty much only playing Zeal when running Maw of Souls. Works really well for me.

Sitting at 20% haste yet almost all my gear has haste on it. Was at 23% but replaced a haste trinket for Horn of Valor. I'm 850 ilvl too. How are you guys doing it?