Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fire Mage Dps issues

Hi.

Im new at fire mage this expansion, My dps in 5 man is decent i guess because of the short boss fights, but in raids its terrible, when i pop cooldowns dps are fine, then i just dropping...and after fight is Done im almost last in dps, so something i do wrong, gear is ok i think, any helpful tips are welcome.
    I have check guides, videos etc, but still dont work as i want
    I dont know IF its something With the stats, relics, or IF i have miss something important.

My armory: Meeki - Emerald Dream EU

Deleted
    I can't find your character. Just paste the link and remove www.

Anyway, are you using combustion on cooldown with RoP? Are you using the second charge of RoP as if combustion were up?

To clarify: after your opener, wait for PF to and FB to recharge. At heating up or even hot streak pop RoP and start your combustion rotation. If your PB doesn't crit, use FB or PF to fish for another HS so you can PB in RoP. This is basically a mini combustion when the real thing is on cooldown. After ~1.20 min, combustion should be off cooldown again and you can rinse repeat.

Not sure what your ilvl is, but I wass sustaining ~250k dps at 845. Now I'm well over 300k at 863.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I can't find your character.
    I think you can't find his char because armory seems to be down. Can't even find my own char on it.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Deleted
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Meeki/simple

I'd say you should change Cinderstorm to Kindling, more Combustions per encounter are way better.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snajzan View Post
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Meeki/simple
    Well, your stats seem in order, so do your talents (I assume you go for Kindling and Unstable Magic on ST) and gear. I'd personally remove the Eye of Skolvald and replace it with the Devilsaur's Sock-baton or with Naraxas' Spiked Tongue.

So the discrepancy you're seeing is due to some flaw in your rotation. Do you have raid logs?

Try to post some raid logs if you can. Until then read up a bit on the spec from Lexi one of Methods mages.

http://www.method.gg/board/showthrea...ire-Mage-Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pDQ7WlkZ4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I'd say you should change Cinderstorm to Kindling, more Combustions per encounter are way better.
    It is not that simple.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...432761/latest/

There are the logs.

There is a lot to work on.
    For a start, look at some video tutorials how to do Combustions, you are casting a total of 4 pyroblasts as troll, you can do way better.
    Then we move to cooldowns.
    Maybe an addon like Weak Auras to help you track cds will be good. I am looking at 6:30 min Nythendra fight and 2 combustions.
    Combustion is on a 2 min cd, not 5. 2 Cinderstorm cast as well. Living bomb taken on ST.

There is Raid Finder out now, its not the greatest place to practice, as mechanics are not deadly, but go there, and work on your rotation and spell usage.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Try to post some raid logs if you can. Until then read up a bit on the spec from Lexi one of Methods mages.

http://www.method.gg/board/showthrea...ire-Mage-Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pDQ7WlkZ4
    Good guide, though I wouldn't cast fb if RoP and HS is up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Unless you are looking for a specific combustion timings, CiS is more dps than Kindling, and it is the default choice talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    Unless you are looking for a specific combustion timings, CiS is more dps than Kindling, and it is the default choice talent.
    Eh, no. Not on single target.

Deleted
    Source please

Deleted
    I'd still recommend kindling as a starter for someone new to the class, because even at CiS best it's not a huge dps gain and CiS is levels harder to aim and use effectively than kindling is.

Deleted
    Source please
    Download simcraft and sim it yourself. You can even add a secondary target to the sim and have similar results. Plus, simcraft assumes you hit with every single cinder, which isn't the case in actual game play.

Are the situations where cs could outperform kindling? Probably - but there are quite a few variables that can determin the end result.

I can't find your character. Just paste the link and remove www.

Anyway, are you using combustion on cooldown with RoP? Are you using the second charge of RoP as if combustion were up?

To clarify: after your opener, wait for PF to and FB to recharge. At heating up or even hot streak pop RoP and start your combustion rotation. If your PB doesn't crit, use FB or PF to fish for another HS so you can PB in RoP. This is basically a mini combustion when the real thing is on cooldown. After ~1.20 min, combustion should be off cooldown again and you can rinse repeat.

Not sure what your ilvl is, but I wass sustaining ~250k dps at 845. Now I'm well over 300k at 863.
    Thanks, I think you just opened my eyes! I rerolled Mage a week ago and I'm at 847 ilvl now. I was sitting here thinking there must be a reason why my dps is so unstable on raid bosses. It ranges from 190-250k and I think you just hit the spot with your comment :P

The latest Patchwork sim for Fire is using Cinderstorm. But I think in practice it does seem like Kindling is slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    The latest Patchwork sim for Fire is using Cinderstorm. But I think in practice it does seem like Kindling is slightly better.
    so you are able to hit your combust the second its up every time? cuz i cant line it all up 100% usually the 10-20 seconds it might give me i waste waiting for the best time to pop so the gain is blah.. and i also rarely use it in 5 man content on trash call me crazy.. and yet i use CiS all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genzic8787 View Post
    so you are able to hit your combust the second its up every time? cuz i cant line it all up 100% usually the 10-20 seconds it might give me i waste waiting for the best time to pop so the gain is blah.. and i also rarely use it in 5 man content on trash call me crazy.. and yet i use CiS all the time
    I have no problem lining it up with rop and fb the moment it's ready. Timing is everything. I'm usually also able to position myself correclty within 3 second to burst.

What I do find difficult, is to have all my cinders hit and if you use the weak aura that tells you how many hit, you'll notice that you miss quite a few very often.

I have no problem lining it up with rop and fb the moment it's ready. Timing is everything. I'm usually also able to position myself correclty within 3 second to burst.

What I do find difficult, is to have all my cinders hit and if you use the weak aura that tells you how many hit, you'll notice that you miss quite a few very often.
    Yes, this is exactly how I feel.