Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zengh View Post
    Please tell me how to reliably get vindictive gear! I have honor lvl 31 which was a total pain in the ASS to grind, but my world quests still give gold or artifact power, haven't seen a single vindictive piece! Also it's not possible for me to play every single day and be checking for some damn world quest rewards!

PvP boxes from random bgs still give trash or ilvl 805 trash gear. Got useless trinkets from weekly wins which I can't even use in pvp! lol!

So please tell me exactly how to get vindictive gear?

Did they do any testing during the beta, cause this is a total farce and reeks of neglect!

please help!
    You gear with pve in legion. It's that simple.

Itemlvl is the only thing that matters, stats are preset in instanced pvp. So pve gear with higher itemlvl is better than pvp gear and it's much easier to get even 860+ geared in pve than getting 840 in pvp.

I'm a 2200-2500 player (used to be consistent glad back in tbc/wotlk) since I don't really go tryhard anymore, so the main rewards for me are the elite cosmetics since I'm probably not going to get the glad mount/title. With this new system, I may not even be able to get the full set of armor. It's pretty annoying and I find myself logging in less and less now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I'm a 2200-2500 player (used to be consistent glad back in tbc/wotlk) since I don't really go tryhard anymore, so the main rewards for me are the elite cosmetics since I'm probably not going to get the glad mount/title. With this new system, I may not even be able to get the full set of armor. It's pretty annoying and I find myself logging in less and less now.
    I'm with you on this one 100%, I used to do hardcore arena with my buddies, but those times are way gone for me and I have zero interest in tryharding and seems like the only way to get +840 vindictive gear for cosmetic purposes is to do rated arena or rbg and even then it's going to be RNG, so I'd have to keep spamming and spamming the rated shit all day!

I have no clue what made them think this RNG loot is a good system, but this is definitely not for me. They completely shat on casual pvp'ers here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zengh View Post
    I have no clue what made them think this RNG loot is a good system, but this is definitely not for me. They completely shat on casual pvp'ers here.
    They are mainly pve people as has been shown through multiple times and pve is RNG loot. Of course they consider it good as that keeps their raiders going for months and while i share your mentality we can't say how many of pvp players think alike. It will depend on the playerbase if they can keep pvp players subbed longer with RNG gearing or if the majority will just quit when they see themself forced to pve to stay on even ground cause pvp gearing got nerfed to uselessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    PvP should be about your skillset, and not about getting gear upgrades. Even if you got upgrades by 5ilvls across the board your damage would only increase by .5%. It doesn't make sense that you're PvPing for gear.
    So you confirm that PvE is for people not skilled!!! Imo if we can farm gear, we can also have more chance to pug a raid if we don't have enough time to raid every night... The old pvp sets, had the 4p bonus useful also for pve. Now we have absolutely nothing.
    If you talk about skill, they had to do the same thing to pve... I hate this new system, I always found rewarding farm gear in pve and pvp and, now that I don't have time for raiding, I enjoy this game less than previous expansions...

You don't need gear to PvP and as such why does anyone that does care about gear? Are you trying to gear up for PvE via PvP and don't see how nonsensical that is? Are you trying to gear up for world quests even though they don't require anything beyond what you dinged 110 in? What do you need gear for, why would you complain about a system that doesn't require gear not gearing you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    You don't need gear to PvP and as such why does anyone that does care about gear? Are you trying to gear up for PvE via PvP and don't see how nonsensical that is? Are you trying to gear up for world quests even though they don't require anything beyond what you dinged 110 in? What do you need gear for, why would you complain about a system that doesn't require gear not gearing you?
    Currently without gearing through pve you would be ~810, pve players are 860+ , the gap is big enough to make a difference. Additionally pve = artifact power = more skills = advatage
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-10-06 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Currently without gearing through pve you would be ~810, pve players are 860+ , the gap is big enough to make a difference. Additionally pve = artifact power = more skills = advatage
    A 5% stat increase really isn't that earth shattering at all actually, if you're getting farmed it's not because the other guy has 5% more int than you do. Also your statement about gearing via PvE is just horrendously flawed. My alt druid has done 37 3's and received 4 pieces of 840+ or roughly 1 per 10 games. You also get artifact power for arenas, so basically it seems like your complaint is that someone that does progression raiding might have a 1-2% increase in their stats over you... And that's only if you stay at the 1500 garbage bracket. Wow... That's a pretty serious problem.

Deleted
    A 5% stat increase really isn't that earth shattering at all actually, if you're getting farmed it's not because the other guy has 5% more int than you do. Also your statement about gearing via PvE is just horrendously flawed. My alt druid has done 37 3's and received 4 pieces of 840+ or roughly 1 per 10 games. You also get artifact power for arenas, so basically it seems like your complaint is that someone that does progression raiding might have a 1-2% increase in their stats over you... And that's only if you stay at the 1500 garbage bracket. Wow... That's a pretty serious problem.
    So you got lucky with your druid gz. My alt got 1 piece so far. And obviously you don't pvp. Nobody cares about low stats at 1500, i play at 2,2+ and half the games are someone dying or living with very little hp left, a bit more stats will shift who wins. PvE people waste tons on gold on 5% difference with buffood and kick people who don't but here you are to bullshit how it's all fine? Just gtfo.

PvP should be about your skillset, and not about getting gear upgrades. Even if you got upgrades by 5ilvls across the board your damage would only increase by .5%. It doesn't make sense that you're PvPing for gear.
    While I agree with you on the "PVP should be about skill not gear", we are still playing a RPG. For me, it does not make sence to play one aspect of it without getting gear og power upgrades.

Plus, the "PVP should be about skill no gear", is invalid because of artefact weapon and ilvl template scaling. If gear should not matter, then it should not matter at all if they were honest with their design.

So you got lucky with your druid gz. My alt got 1 piece so far. And obviously you don't pvp. Nobody cares about low stats at 1500, i play at 2,2+ and half the games are someone dying or living with very little hp left, a bit more stats will shift who wins. PvE people waste tons on gold on 5% difference with buffood and kick people who don't but here you are to bullshit how it's all fine? Just gtfo.
    If you play at 2.2K, which apparently you consider to be high even though your a "PvPer" (what?) then the ilvl of gear is 870 so why are you crying? And again if you're getting rolled because someone has a few percent more agi than you then you're bad and looking for excuses.

Deleted
    If you play at 2.2K, which apparently you consider to be high even though your a "PvPer" (what?) then the ilvl of gear is 870 so why are you crying? And again if you're getting rolled because someone has a few percent more agi than you then you're bad and looking for excuses.
    2,2+ is top ~30% which by definition makes it already a minority, how many people do you intend to exclude in this discussion? Stat differences matter at higher rating more because the skillgap is smaller between players. It's easy to win against a shitter with bad gear but you will more likely lose to someone who is close to yourself when he outgears you and the RNG gearing means that sitting at high rating is useless when you get 3x an artifact upgrade you don't even need.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-10-06 at 10:32 AM.

2,2+ is top ~30% which by definition makes it already a minority, how many people do you intend to exclude in this discussion? Stat differences matter at higher rating more because the skillgap is smaller between players. It's easy to win against a shitter with bad gear but you will more likely lose to someone who is close to yourself when he outgears you and the RNG gearing means that sitting at high rating is useless when you get 3x an artifact upgrade you don't even need.
    Yes, and again 2.2K + is 870 gear, you're saying that you're fighting people 50ilvls higher than you? lolok.

Deleted
    Yes, and again 2.2K + is 870 gear, you're saying that you're fighting people 50ilvls higher than you? lolok.
    How dense are you? Gear rewards are RNG. You won't be 870 even at 2,5.

10+ Year Old Account
    meanwhile the top pve players are hitting like 5% harder in arena than the top pvpers, i really don't like what they've done this expansion on that front

Deleted
    yes you will. at 2.2 or so you will recieve 870 pieces. I'm currently 2420, this reset i recieved an 880 piece from my first 3s win. the higher rated you are, the better the gear you recieve is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiltyas View Post
    yes you will. at 2.2 or so you will recieve 870 pieces. I'm currently 2420, this reset i recieved an 880 piece from my first 3s win. the higher rated you are, the better the gear you recieve is
    Of course you get higher itemlvl gear with higher rating, the problem is the rewards are random which means you can get mutliple times the same piece. You will get your 880 items but your chance to get fully geared is low as you will get items you already have and outside your weekly reward chest the rating doesn't seem to count. With PvE in comparison it's much easier to be fully geared already.

Gear rewards are RNG in PvE as well, what the fuck is your point? If half your gear is 870 how does a PvE'er have 50 ilvls on you per your own dumb as fuck example? Stop trying.

Deleted
    Gear rewards are RNG in PvE as well, what the fuck is your point? If half your gear is 870 how does a PvE'er have 50 ilvls on you per your own dumb as fuck example? Stop trying.
    Everyone who cares does mythic+ runs using someone elses keystone. It's easy to get fully geared this way.

First: It's not bugged. It's 840 for arena, then it gets even better if you're very highly ranked. The only thing that's bugged is that highly rated players are getting 840 and not 895. It's not going to drop to 825 anything.

Second: I just told you two 840 pieces, and like 20 minutes of world quests makes you more than heroic ready. Idk what your problem is.

Third: To poster above you, doing PvP IS Rewarding. Why? Bc PVP isn't about getting a phat gear update. It's about wrecking fools in arena and BGs in way where if you just hit level 110, you aren't LITERALLY fodder. If you think grinding out bgs to get upgrades to gear was rewarding in prior expansions you're not PvPing for PvP.

WTF are you smoking!!! PVP is about getting rewarding for melting people's faces and the time investment it takes to do so. If I have been struggling to get an item or want to quickly gear up an alt. I would run them through a PVP grind fest and quickly be relevant gear wise. People don't want to spend hours in PVP, Queuing up with strangers for 10-50 games, to walk away with a shit rating! shit gear! while I could have used that time to farm WQ' for AP, easily flying over to the Withered J'im cave, hang out side wait until he is almost dead - jump in at 1-2% tag him and walk away with 860 loot, which I did yesterday and got the head piece. So for 5 minutes of work I get an 860 piece, for 10 hours of PVP, I got a lot of stress, no gear and a huge waste of my time. NO INTEREST IN PVP ANYMORE. Not until they bring my vendors back. Remove RNG from PVP rewards - the AP and consumables they can keep around, but remove GEAR, unless they want to allow it as a bonus reward and still let us spend currency items from a PVP vendor. For PVP, I finding it a lot of fun, to kill anyone I want around water, since I can kite all day long as a BM hunter with my artifact fishing pole perks. Nobody can catch me and my pets will eat you alive!