Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bylak View Post
    So I'm probably 2 hours into farming. AK 4, no exalted, Xavius killed on normal, three heads so far! All from Azsuna. Since there's a daily there today I'm going to try the mobs in HM.

EDIT: obligatory pic or it didn't happen: imgur.com/a/Y6bCt
    IMO you should go Aszuna anyway, unless your server is dominated by the other faction, I found the increased population really boosted the spawntimers and the tags are shared anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    do you have proof of this? what other things have you done?

- - - Updated - - -

so it comes from revered with all factions... not exalted? fuck ive spent so much time trying to get exalted
    Honestly from what people are saying (and the fact that i haven't really ever tried farming the Eredar mobs before) reps may not even play a part in the drop chance. I have killed Xavius 3 times on heroic 3 times on normal. It would be an interesting test for someone who just hit 110 with low AK (1-3) to head to Azsuna and try and see if they get a skull to drop. For me the first skull dropped after ~15-20 min of farming in Highmountain though i reckon the place you farm doesn't matter just so long as your killing the Eredar mobs. (Azsuna is definitely the place to farm, more Eredar in a smaller place, no elite mobs to deal with, better spawn rate.)

On a similar note i did also get the Hidden Affliction artifact quest item as well. Two birds with one stone.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    per my previous post it's definitely untrue that you even need revered with all factions or a xavius kill. I have neither and you can check on my armory from my previous post. it could still be gated behind AK though because my AK is 6.
    Pretty casual basically.

I got it last night. All factions at revered and i have a heroic xavius kill and AK6. Took about 3 hrs farming in a group in Azsuna. From other people in the group i was in the only common denominator was AK6

It's gated at AK4 at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    confirmed, only gated by AK4 (maybe some super easy stuff aswell)
    i just got it, but also somone in my group got the first head before i left
    no xavius kill
    AK 5
    No revered reps
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Feels like theres something more to it other than AK4, I've been farming the Eredar in Azsuna for one hour now without a single drop.

Edit: And just as I wrote this, it dropped after a few mobs, lol.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-10-06 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Feels like theres something more to it other than AK4, I've been farming the Eredar in Azsuna for one hour now without a single drop.

Edit: And just as I wrote this, it dropped after a few mobs, lol.
    Nice. lol. Just keep at it. I finally got the drop within 2 hrs after the 1st head. I did switch to Highmountain for it though after the Azsuna area got crowded.

Just obtained the Hidden skin. Details:

1. First drop came from an Eredar Soulmage, in the Apocalypse Machine thing, in Faronaar. Farmed the rest of the heads from the Shadowguard in Highmountain, next to the Felbane Camp fly point.

2. Reputations are -

Court of Farondis: Honoured
    Dreamweavers: Honoured
    Highmountain Tribe: Revered
    The Nightfallen: Honoured
    The Wardens: Honoured
    Valarjar: Honoured

3. Artifact Knowledge Level 5

4. I have downed Xavius on Normal.

Anything else you want to know, ask away.

10+ Year Old Account
    AK 4 is the only gate rest is RNG.

on a better note...what xmog to wear with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

Time to bring back the Archi x-mog given the Eredar theme?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    Whelp, finally got my first head after godknows how much farming now, probably approaching the 30h mark, no sign of a second one, but at least I know it's just dreadful luck and there's no hidden gate.

Got this today. AK4 seems to be the only requirement. Farmed Soulmages in Azhuna for all heads.

Most importantly. How are you all transmogging to flow with this stupid head? It's very mage-like in color.

Xmog is life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongosaurus View Post
    Most importantly. How are you all transmogging to flow with this stupid head? It's very mage-like in color.

Xmog is life.
    personaly i just w8 to unlock the "purple" color skin to use it with a standar black/purple warlock mog. Dont have any better idea sadly

ie Deathbringer robes, malevolent gladiator shoulders etc

or Full tyrannical gladiator set with skywitch hat (on of my favorites) with the red or purple visage color

I am ud fem btw
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-10-07 at 01:23 PM.

When I got mine the initial head dropped in HM. I was only revered with nightfallen and AK6. No Xavius kills either. It's looking to be just rng hell. After getting the first head I farmed the rest around the soul engine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

Try Prideful. The shoulders share the same glow as the weapon.

Deleted
    30h ish for the first drop, 2 at most, possibly less than 1 to farm everything after the second - seems all my bad luck was frontloaded.

A youtuber named Mmrrggll Gaming mentioned an interesting fact about one of the farming spots, the eredar ship with the navigators and the inquisitor tavos WQ boss, there's a minimum number of mobs up on the ship at a time, so you can farm it incredibly quick.

Farmed it as affliction and it was pretty pleasant, able to run from one end of the ship to the other dotting things endlessly - felt like the highest kill speed possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    30h ish for the first drop, 2 at most, possibly less than 1 to farm everything after the second - seems all my bad luck was frontloaded.

A youtuber named Mmrrggll Gaming mentioned an interesting fact about one of the farming spots, the eredar ship with the navigators and the inquisitor tavos WQ boss, there's a minimum number of mobs up on the ship at a time, so you can farm it incredibly quick.

Farmed it as affliction and it was pretty pleasant, able to run from one end of the ship to the other dotting things endlessly - felt like the highest kill speed possible.
    This answer the question I was going to state, highest respawn rate of mobs. I've been farming Eredar Soulmages and while the spawn points are in close proximity, it's a catch 22 as the lower server pop times result in very low spawn rates.

Deleted
    I farmed my hidden appearance alone over the course of about 3 hours at the same spot (the ship where Tivos is). Pretty mind numbing, but still faster than I expected.
    People came and went for the world quest, but I never had competition from opposite faction warlocks. If I did, I would've given up.