Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Legion : What really grinds my Gears.

Logged on to WoW Legion App to check out my missions and this is the Nonsense i have to deal with early on a Friday morning,

2 Mission successfully completed,and what happens I get the 15% Bonus but the 70% Bonus fails and that is utter bullcrap no matter how you swing it.

and don't get me started on that fucking Nomi Test Kitchen spend 3 weeks giving him all ingredients to burn and then we turns around and gives me 2x Bare tartare rank 2 recipes at the same time, COME ON !

Who here is in the same boat.. Legion is one of the better expansions to date yet this RNG bullshit is ruining everything.

Welcome to the latest expansion, World Of Warcraft: Random Is Random

the mission one....yeah we all already went through this in WoD with garrisons. Cant tell you how many 90% missions I ended up failing.

the nomi one is kinda your fault. dont give him multiple work orders for the same ingredient.

i had my attitude with the RNg with the new ranks. 1500 ancient healing potions before i finally got rank 3. I dont ever expect to get rank 3 of anything else in alchemy.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I've got a dice here that goes up to 6, but I rolled it earlier and got a 2. WTF is this shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    the mission one....yeah we all already went through this in WoD with garrisons. Cant tell you how many 90% missions I ended up failing.

the nomi one is kinda your fault. dont give him multiple work orders for the same ingredient.

i had my attitude with the RNg with the new ranks. 1500 ancient healing potions before i finally got rank 3. I dont ever expect to get rank 3 of anything else in alchemy.
    90% missions in WoD weren't 90% successful. You had that chance on every boss. A 3 boss mission rolled 3 times and was closer to 72% success.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest beef so far is limiting me down to 5 out of 8 active champions, then charging me to bring one off the bench. From a lore perspective it's asinine and mechanically it's annoying as all hell. The follower cap is already 8 per class. No reason to gate it further. The pendulum swung way too far in the other direction.

As for the rest: RNG is RNG. I can mostly deal with that. Frustrating, but that's math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Sounds like a pretty darn good expansion then if this little detail is what grinds your gears. So a job well done by Blizzard!

70% is still a 30% chance of failure, and you happened to end up in that 30%. 16% is still 16% success, and you happened to fall into that. That's what happens with odds. Trump still has like 17% chance of becoming President, that means nobody should take anything for granted. Even Gary Johnson could win, though his chances is like 0.1%!

With regards to inactive followers the solution is not to allow you to have all 8 active. The whole reason why you can't have all 8 is because then the mission thing would become a bigger part of the game, which is not something they wanted, having learning from that shit-show called Garrison. And that's something I agree with. There shouldn't be more followers than 5. So, if anything, they should have only had 5 followers to begin with. But then you could argue - and I'm not sure what my opinion is on this - that you take a way choice from that part of the game. You could argue that it's like being annoyed that there are 3 times the number of talents than the amount you can actually select.

Also if we are to generalize about RNG, there are parts of this game that has been vastly improved in recent years thanks to more RNG: specifically itemization. The whole Warforged, Titanforged, Socket, etc. stuff is pretty awesome in extending the replay-ability of the game.

Everything in WoW is now a Lottery got to deal with it.
    Why do we need Titanforged?Hate it.
    Why do we need random drop Legendaries? Hate it. (not QQ, I have 2)
    Why do we need random Recipe drops? Who knows.

Legion is excellent in many regards there just waaaay too much RNG in the Game. I thought warforged, Rare Legendaries gated by hard content (warglaives etc) and mounts, cosmetic RNG was fine but atm it is jut too much. If the Lottery is not in your favor it just gets frustrating quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I've got a dice here that goes up to 6, but I rolled it earlier and got a 2. WTF is this shit?
    Clearly you must write the manufacturers of said dice an angry, heartfelt letter and publically shame them for their audacity and disrespect of customers.
    Justice for the working man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3tz0 View Post
    2 Mission successfully completed,and what happens I get the 15% Bonus but the 70% Bonus fails and that is utter bullcrap no matter how you swing it.
    Friday morning maths lesson:

You have 4 possible outcomes:

Both succeed: 11% chance
    70bonus succeed, 15bonus fails: 60% chance
    70bonus fails, 15bonus succeed: 5% chance
    Both fails: 26% chance

You got lucky and hit within the 5%!
    Just be glad they did not both fail, the odds were more than 5 times as high.

Random is random.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    Everything in WoW is now a Lottery got to deal with it.
    Why do we need Titanforged?Hate it.
    Why do we need random drop Legendaries? Hate it. (not QQ, I have 2)
    Why do we need random Recipe drops? Who knows.

Legion is excellent in many regards there just waaaay too much RNG in the Game. I thought warforged, Rare Legendaries gated by hard content (warglaives etc) and mounts, cosmetic RNG was fine but atm it is jut too much. If the Lottery is not in your favor it just gets frustrating quickly.
    I agree with you specially about the legendaries as I too have 2 and still a think they are a bad idea and bad how they are obtained. All I see and hear, even in my own guild, is people upset they don't have it, jealous of others that do, complain some that have them either don't put the effort/work in that those that don't have, those that have them are bad players and wasting them and talk about quitting over how much rng they have added to the game.
    It hasn't been nor will it be good for the game adding the legendaries nor ramping up the rng for everything.

Yeah, RNG just made me quit as a matter of fact. My luck was turning out so bad that it was just a turn off to log on. I just felt that no matter my efforts, the roll of the dice is all that mattered and I watched as people around me were rewarded for what they put in. I've gone back to console type casual gaming now. I won't close the door on WoW forever, but I need to stay away for a while.

I think Blizz needs to take a good look at RNG and the effects that it really has on the community. Some is okay, but the levels they've gone to now is just incredible. Wrath still remains my favorite expansion to date due to its themes and the fact that you could work towards things with Frost Points or whatever it was called at the time. It was a grind, but you got what you worked for.

Um...70% chance to succeed is not 100%. There was still a 30% chance for failure.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    RNG is in the games blood, why people think its new to Legion is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Yeah, RNG just made me quit as a matter of fact. My luck was turning out so bad that it was just a turn off to log on. I just felt that no matter my efforts, the roll of the dice is all that mattered and I watched as people around me were rewarded for what they put in. I've gone back to console type casual gaming now. I won't close the door on WoW forever, but I need to stay away for a while.

I think Blizz needs to take a good look at RNG and the effects that it really has on the community. Some is okay, but the levels they've gone to now is just incredible. Wrath still remains my favorite expansion to date due to its themes and the fact that you could work towards things with Frost Points or whatever it was called at the time. It was a grind, but you got what you worked for.
    I hope you kepp your artifact knowledge research going tho, Otherwise you'll lose out on alot

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Because in Legion they have decided to take RNG to a completely new level of retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Well. Nowdays in order to get BiS, It needs to have socket and be max titanforged. Before those RnG elements were added it was just get the item and that was that, Now in order to be good that same item must go through a bunch of RnG rolls in order to be good. Imo, system was better before.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    My biggest beef so far is limiting me down to 5 out of 8 active champions, then charging me to bring one off the bench. From a lore perspective it's asinine and mechanically it's annoying as all hell. The follower cap is already 8 per class. No reason to gate it further. The pendulum swung way too far in the other direction.

As for the rest: RNG is RNG. I can mostly deal with that. Frustrating, but that's math.
    Agree with this. If you give me only 8 then let me us 8. A limit made sense in WoD because you had so many. But here and now? I don't get it either.

Also yeah, RNG can trigger from time to time but it's just how it goes. Nothing to get salty over.

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Because in Legion they have decided to take RNG to a completely new level of retarded.
    This. RNG used to be: got unlucky on your first 10 tries? Try it 100 times and you get it.
    Now it's more like: Try 10.000 times before you get to complain. Looking at Herbalism & Alchemy Rank3 grinding and Hidden Artifact skins and Legendaries in particular.

It seems like the chance of getting rare procs has been reduced to 0.01 when it used to be 0.1 in some cases. Also the stakes of getting good RNG are way way way much higher with Titan/Warforged gear and the rarity and power disparity of Legendaries.
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2016-10-07 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    In your opinion. Personally I like surprises so the new system is really rewarding for me. Some people are just way too OCD with having full titan forged with sockets, it's really not that essential either as raids are tuned for an ilvl much lower.