Poll: Should Blizzard have implemented legendaries differently?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    WORLD FIRST = NO LIFE NERDS

REALM FIRST = POOR GUYS WITH NO TIME FIGHTING FOR THE GLORY

ok

Also "right legendary on right guy" is the new " bring the player not the class" ?
    No, it's more like "bring the lucky ones, skill no longer matters".

10+ Year Old Account
    What Legendaries?

208 Hours Level 110 and havn't seen a single Legendary.

Been doing WQs and Heroics since i hit Level 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    If you keep playing you'll eventually get all your legendaries after a few months.

I like it. Feels rewarding when you finally get one.
    It's been more than a month, and a lot of people who high /played have shown that they haven't even won ONE yet. What makes you think they'll get all the ones they need in a few months when they start playing less and less?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries are fine. Rng is dog shit. Put them on a vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Probably not. Some blatantly are sticking plasters over poor baseline design which you kinda need as a crutch, while others are of questionable use, and are barely worth the item level. Being RNG, it really sucks to get the latter when you feel like you're hamstrung without the former.

RNG on top of inconsistency within the system itself just feels bad. They're like a less good version of set bonuses without being in control of at least targeting where you're at least trying to get it from. With those there's always a maybe next week, with Legendaries, it's like what if never?
    Youre not really in control of set bonuses either. They either drop from the boss or dont.

Those are some truly biased options in that poll you got there. Forcing me to choose between legendaries through RNG only or never through RNG or not at all. What about some through RNG, some not through RNG? Had to go for only RNG because you forced me into it.

As a casual player I very much like the RNG legendaries of Legion. If I am a raider competing for the #1 spot on the damage meter and I wasn't the one with the best legendary equipped I'd imagine it would annoy me. But as a casual player doing only 5-mans it is nothing but a fun component in what is turning out to be a pretty damned good expansion so far.

Legendaries are a great idea. Especially when there are multiple choices to make. Items have always been very dull, and only set bonuses (and trinkets until recently) ever really provided you with a change in feel to your vanilla rotation.

Unfortunately this isn't Diablo. You can't plough across the world, leaving a trail of orange light beams in your path over the space of a few hours. They're actually rare to the point that most people, even really active players, don't have one. Even if you do get one, is it any good for you? There's a few that are amazing, and some that are terrible. There's not really an easy solution to it. RNG is RNG. Making them incredibly common or putting them on a vendor feels cheap. Tough one.

The legendaries are not purely RNG. The drop rate is increased with the difficulty to get a reward. The possibility to farm mythic+ dungeons over and over again with rewards each time ensures that almost every raider of a progress guild got a legendary. Then there was the bug with the second drop, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So do they have a cool effect or not? You flip-flop harder than Trump.

Also, which period are you talking about?
    Because I cannot remember a single period in WoW where they were hard to obtain AND took time AND had cool looks/effects.
    Shadowmourne. Super cool look and effect. Pretty time consuming and hard to obtain as well until way later into 4.3 when the buff stacked to 25%. Even then it was pretty tough.

Valanir the healing mace from ulduar. Same thing for the most part. The staff from Cata too. I don't know why they moved away from the wotlk legendary system.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Legendaries as a random non-raid boss drop is probably the dumbest thing Blizzard has ever done. Was that a carrot to push subs back over 4 million?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of seeing legendaries be low drop open world items, and I hope they return to a questline next expansion. It was 'good' while it lasted, although I'd prefer to not see it obtainable through LFR if it was a legendary-for-all. A class-specific legendary would be nice to see again.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

If you are going to implement RNG legendaries just dont make them be BAD AS FUCK. It's like diablo 3 vannila all over again.

Make 2~3 legendaries per class MAX, RNG or not, make the same ones drop for each patch. Make them have the BIS stats AND be EQUALLY powerfull. DPS should get DPS legendaries. It's not they shouldnt done what they did, it's just bad the way they did. If I'm enhancement shaman I dont want CRIT in almost all my gear legendary gear... THATS DUMB, seriously... Hope they can fix that

Just because they are in game doesnt mean you deserve to get one. It should be a miniscule chance maybe you might get one and thats it. Tards on here think they are owed one because they played the game for a whole month. Grow the hell up
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    If you play to AIMING a particular LEGENDARY, im sorry but you are a retard.
    What do you expect when half of them are fucking awful? Are you expecting people to be excited when they get shit like Sephuz's Secret?

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    The problem with Legendaries isn't with the items, it is the shit mentality of the players who demand that they have one, or feel like their game is ruined because they don't.

Legendaries are a SICK bonus and a cool moment, or at least they should be. They shouldn't be a cause for people to get nasty, angry, complain, etc because they don't have one.

This is supposed to be a game about fun, and playing the have and have nots game is stupid.

I don't have a legendary. Does it suck? I guess. But I don't care. I still try to have fun with the classes I play.

PS: Skewed poll is skewed. Put an option for "It's fine, I'm being a big whiney baby."
    Totally agree. Really don't get the QQ with these legendary's. Yeah there are some lucky peeps out there, grats to them, yes it's RNG, who gives a #@$$?

The moment you do get one, it's awesome! If you don't get one, that's because they are rare and can't be pursued, you just have to be lucky.

They should have implemented it differently. Legendaries are too common.

When the system is flawed (bug exploit for those who got the first leg) then no they should not have implented it.

Because then Blizz is left with two choices:
    - Give free leg to everyone that did not exploit the bug (let's be honest that would never happen)
    - Roll back and take back extra legs from exploiters (let's be honest that would never happen either)

PS: I call them exploiters because as soon as it started poping on forums that players with 1 leg were getting a second and a third really quickly, trade chat on my server was full of Mythic dungeons boosting services. Players were litteraly spamming dungeons 24/7. It stopped after Blizz announced the fix.

One thing too is that they should not have communicated on the bad luck protection if they knew not all accounts were affected by it.

Finally: real legs are for me weapons only. I hardly consider my cloak or ring as legs considering they were not even RNG based. Everyone could farm and have it.
    The fact we now have artefacts makes it useless to have legendary weapons sadly. Would have been cool to see legendary skins though. Azzinoth Warglaives come to mind. But only if it was implemented with TRUE RNG.

Deleted
    As it stands no i would prefer them not adding legendaries or having them behind RNG WITH the expectation/content based around everyone would have them.

Either it should have been like in the old days, where _very_ few per server got them, or it should be like the past where everyone could progress toward them determistically, the current system is the worst its ever been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Youre not really in control of set bonuses either. They either drop from the boss or dont.
    There's a much greater sense of control when you know exactly what you have to do to get the one you actually want. Legendaries, don't have that.

Deleted
    Instead of just looting the legendary item if you could target a specific one that should be enough. It wouldn't detract from the feeling of "I'M RICH MOM!" while keeping things "fair" in terms of some legendaries being just shit compared to others. If a token dropped instead of the item and then you could go and do a short quest chain i.e. talk to this guy, look at that shit in a dungeon it would feel much better for the people who got fucked by RNGESUS.

Even though I just recently got one, I'd say no. Its a flawed system that creates too many discrepancies in player performance due largely to RNG.