Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Withered Army Training, not one single chest, omg?

Is this bad rng? previous two times I only got one per time...this time ZERO...I ended up now with an army of 56 withered, would have had 58 if my berzerkers hadn't died on me...

After I killed last spider boss n came to final room, no chest, I thought you were guaranteed a chest if you made it that far??

How about, click to teleport at the start so it ends and you get your chest? Magic!

7+ Year Old Account
    how about collecting the chests maybe?

Formerly known as Arafal

The big chests that you use the withered to pick up are "one time only" chests. The only chests that do respawn are the very small ones that are in random places.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you mean the extra chests, those are one time spawns and won't spawn again once picked. Mainly because they contain Withered upgrades. You, however, should get the big chest for compliting the training. The size of the chest depends on the score you have.

Small ones are a random spawn. You know, the ones that give Mana and occasionally a teleportation scroll. They spawn randomly throughout the scenario.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

The chest you are guaranteed to get is picked up by either dying or talking to the NPC.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruit View Post
    The big chests that you use the withered to pick up are "one time only" chests. The only chests that do respawn are the very small ones that are in random places.
    Then why would I even do this scenario anymore then??

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    how about collecting the chests maybe?
    You just need one more post to 6000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    How about, click to teleport at the start so it ends and you get your chest? Magic!
    That chest is not the one I was talking about...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iock View Post
    If you mean the extra chests, those are one time spawns and won't spawn again once picked. Mainly because they contain Withered upgrades. You, however, should get the big chest for compliting the training. The size of the chest depends on the score you have.

Small ones are a random spawn. You know, the ones that give Mana and occasionally a teleportation scroll. They spawn randomly throughout the scenario.
    well, i got 707 this time, 701 last time (then I got so pissed i even cleared out all the little spider eggs as well lol).

All chest you can transport out with withered are one time only with stuff for your army. After you got all those, it's just about rushing through to get the 420 rep and maybe a toy in the garanteed chest in the final phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post

Fox mount, epics, legendaries.

Deleted
    Rep tokens, AP and toys.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Toys! /10char
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    You do the scenario because the chest at the end has a chance to drop gear, hidden artifact skins for some classes, legendary items, nightfallen rep, etc...

Also, isn't doing this every day the highlight to your life? I did it yesterday and picked up the last 3 chests inside the instance, then DC'ed and I have to go back and do it again now, because when you DC, you get no loot. *facepalm* All that Crack...*cough cough* mana lost. *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are exalted with NF, and got all the one time spawn chests, then yes, you are done with withered training, other than using it for a 0.00001% chance at legendaries or as a way to burn excess mana.
    I feel like its going to be expanded on (or have a purpose at least) when the Night Hold patch goes live next year.

Got every chest after my second run.
    Cool concept but executed quite tamely, way more efficient ways to get the other rewards / not interested in the rep tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Including epic and legendary follower gear.

Once you've got all the rep and chests, you should just spend the minimum 400 mana (or however much you happen to have; just don't waste time farming the full 2k), get to 425 score as quickly as possible, then quit.

Deleted
    Just did this on my dinged lvl 110.

Fist time as regular quest, then immediately after as the 3-day world quest.

Both just had my army of ~20 stand still in place after a boss, only to despawn after 10 seconds. Probably thought I was out of range or some other bug. Great fun!

Both times I was building my army and clearing before grabbing chests, so I ended up with 0 improvement in the next runs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that once you are exalted and have all chests there is literally no point - I tend to just go in, kill 1 mob then go out because all I need is the fox mount and it's not been confirmed if clearing gives you a larger chance of getting it.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Once you've collected all rewards (Toys and mounts) and you've reached Exalted with the Nightfallen, then the only real reason to do it is for a chance of a legendary and some AP.

I believe you only need to gain 400 points to be eligible for the maximum reward. Going above 400 is meaningless and is just a waste of time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I've been doing the withered training scenario.

Deleted
    You only need 400 to obtain the highest grade of loot from the chest.