Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Because there is a danger the old version will end up more popular then the new one. I think they refuse to bring it oit to save them from that embarrassment.

The fan boys will say it's not the case as nobody wants to play vanilla, but I think it will sharp fill up.
    I highly doubt the reason is because they are worried it would separate players or become more popular. If anything people would get bored of Legacy over time because even if it's a progressive server once the final raid such as Naxx for vanilla and Sunwell for TBC is out and people have spent time levelling alts and farming consistently then what? There would be a drop off eventually and resetting it won't help because after a few resets people will not want to do it all again. No matter what just like retail legacy would have a drop off of interest as well. It cannot be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Really nost a threat?
    Pathetic
    It is not a threat. You should go out more. We are Blizzard fans, not their enemies. Honestly, though we don't play Retail WoW, I feel very close to Blizzard still and I also feel that Blizzard employees are our friends, from the Game Masters to the Developers. It feels like being a part of an extended family.

Reposting for visibility:

Quote Originally Posted by Viper@Nostalrius
    Yes, Blizzard is well aware of the Legacy issue now thanks to all of you:

They know that the need is here with around 300,000 players signing our petition and the statistics from the survey we published (answered by 50,000 WoW gamers) showing that players are ready to pay a subscription fee for it.

According to the discussion we had since our official meeting at their headquarters, they now have everything in their hands to fulfil the large community request for Legacy servers, solving all the previous technical issues they highlighted during the feedback they provided.

As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will.

In the end, pleasing the community is the ONLY thing which should matter.

Best regards,
    Nostalrius
    P.S.: For what it is worth, Blizzard Employees playing under the guild name "Employed By Blizzard" are also present in the other big Vanilla server that replaced Nostalrius.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    It is not a threat. You should go out more. We are Blizzard fans, not their enemies. Honestly, though we don't play Retail WoW, I feel very close to Blizzard still and I also feel that Blizzard employees are our friends, from the Game Masters to the Developers. It feels like being a part of an extended family.

Reposting for visibility:

P.S.: For what it is worth, Blizzard Employees playing under the guild name "Employed By Blizzard" are also present in the other big Vanilla server that replaced Nostalrius.
    It is a threat lol. A thinly veiled one saying if Blizzard don't do something then we will. You can spin it however you want it might not be a threat like "make legacy or we will ddos you" but it is still a threat to take action if Blizzard don't.

As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will.

Sounds like a threat to take action if another party doesn't. They happily can just don't put your server in a country where they will hit you with another Cease and Desist. Just find it a petulant and childish move from Nost after being invited over there by Blizzard themselves when Blizzard could have taken further action if they wanted after the shutdown.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-08 at 01:01 PM.

Rawr! Blizz if you don't do what we want, we're going to do...something! Seems like a good way to go about things.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Rawr! Blizz if you don't do what we want, we're going to do...something! Seems like a good way to go about things.
    Seems like a good way to get legal action up the ass. I doubt they will restart the server. Just probably release the source code or something to piss on the bonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seems like a good way to get legal action up the ass. I doubt they will restart the server. Just probably release the source code or something to piss on the bonfire.
    Considering they folded immediately over a C&D, yea.. I wouldn't expect much from their threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus... They keep on quoting 300,000 players. That number is lower than that. If not waaaaay lower. I personally know of people who signed that petition more than 5 times using fakes names and email addresses. You are delusional if you think all those signatures were real people.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    Jesus... They keep on quoting 300,000 players. That number is lower than that. If not waaaaay lower. I personally know of people who signed that petition more than 5 times using fakes names and email addresses. You are delusional if you think all those signatures were real people.
    You also have people like me:

Who never knew Nost existed, until it was too late.
    Who didn't sign the petition, but I am definitely interested in a Classic, TBC, and/or most definitely a WOTLK server.

You have to step back and realize that not everyone has common knowledge of private servers (much less, a petition) because some people have never been exposed to eg: this forum, or even a few other sources that may explicitly chat about it. Sometimes "the know" is just not there, but "the want" definitely is.

I believe you.
    I don't know why..
    I mean you're a random anonymous poster with an agenda but something in the waaaaaay you type is just trustworthy.

I don't believe a petition of 300k signatures on a site that does employ basic anti-cheat or a 900k registered users statistic that was delivered to Blizzard and hasn't been contested.

No sir, I don't believe any evidence, I only believe Adanyt's anecdotes because he's such a swell upstanding guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Change.Org
    Ensuring the integrity of our petitions is vitally important to us and we put significant resources towards spam detection. We monitor all petitions, all the time - 24 hours a day. We have a multi-layered process of automatic detection and human investigation, and our staff is constantly evolving our tools and improving our systems to keep pace with potential hackers and spammers.

Like any online platform, Change.org is regularly targeted by would-be spammers. This spam can take many forms, one of which is adding fake signatures to petitions. This kind of spam is almost always caught before it goes live on the site.

In extremely rare instances petitions have been the target of successful spam attacks that added inauthentic signatures to the petition. In these instances our policy is to immediately cut off the source of the spam, remove the fraudulent signatures and bring the signature count down to its authentic number.

The Change.org community is a vital resource to us in spam detection. If you believe that a petition you signed or started has been spammed, please contact our Help Center immediately.
    Nothing further to add.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Pretty sure Change.org have protection for that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt the reason is because they are worried it would separate players or become more popular. If anything people would get bored of Legacy over time because even if it's a progressive server once the final raid such as Naxx for vanilla and Sunwell for TBC is out and people have spent time levelling alts and farming consistently then what? There would be a drop off eventually and resetting it won't help because after a few resets people will not want to do it all again. No matter what just like retail legacy would have a drop off of interest as well. It cannot be helped.
    Iff (if and only if) tuned like it was, with appropriate adjustment to early raids to compensate for power increase from 1.12 talents/gear, 'when folks finish naxx' is going to be quite a ways down the road, and something the vast majority of players dont do. if they break boss mods/decursive etc., even longer. Blizzard should be so happy as to have content players aren't knocking out the first month.

Also classic pvp, bg's, etc., will attract its own long-term crowd (classic AV is always requested though I have mentioned the pve-objectives honor premade problem prominent ps's are having, and I strongly suspect any classic servers from blizz would modify pvp incentive system. I could be wrong though and they might let it release like original, then when it is a mess have a plan to modify it ready).
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-10-08 at 02:20 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Iff (if and only if) tuned like it was, with appropriate adjustment to early raids to compensate for power increase from 1.12 talents/gear, 'when folks finish naxx' is going to be quite a ways down the road, and something the vast majority of players dont do. if they break boss mods/decursive etc., even longer. Blizzard should be so happy as to have content players aren't knocking out the first month.

Also classic pvp, bg's, etc., will attract its own long-term crowd (classic AV is always requested though I have mentioned the pve-objectives honor premade problem prominent ps's are having, and I strongly suspect any classic servers from blizz would modify pvp incentive system. I could be wrong though and they might let it release like original, then when it is a mess have a plan to modify it ready).
    Depends. With how well people have gotten used to mechanics today Naxx will probably be a cakewalk once you have the resist gear. And for sure old school PvP will such as the day long Alterac Valleys but interest will drop off eventually just because it's natural. Not saying it out of spite saying it because interest of playing the same game does drop off for a lot of people eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. With how well people have gotten used to mechanics today Naxx will probably be a cakewalk once you have the resist gear. And for sure old school PvP will such as the day long Alterac Valleys but interest will drop off eventually just because it's natural. Not saying it out of spite saying it because interest of playing the same game does drop off for a lot of people eventually.
    right, any business plan will have some long-term projection on users.

that said, I once cyphered out that to level h/a characters and see all available questlines while actually leveling would (depending on instance quests/runs, as well as any grinding/etc. related to mats/professions/other) provide content for a lot of character (3 per faction?) which for a normal human player would be years of content. this can be quibbled in certain level ranges but I think the premise is sound, that there are multiple characters-worth of questing content available. Obviouly if a player just wants to get to 60 via jame's and never look back that is another issue, but not all players will do that. some will lock twinks in at various brackets as well.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Why do people bother blizzard with this rose tinted glasses bullshit?

Why don't you just play on your nostalrius servers and enjoy grinding 2 hours of mats before each raid and call that "challenging gameplay"?

Swinging the pick 3-4 times to mine a node must also be pretty damn exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post

Why don't you just play on your nostalrius servers and enjoy grinding 2 hours of mats before each raid and call that "challenging gameplay"?

There is a rumor about that nost. was shut down by blizzard. trying to confirm, have you heard anything?

insightful post, m8

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    They are trying to gauge subs with an addon that most ppl aren't using anymore that the site the data on is asking more ppl to use it on several realms because its not tracking there.

So basically its data is way flawed.
    WoW Census has never claimed to be able to determine the total number of subs however it has proven itself time and time again to be accurate at predicting sub trends.

Deleted
    I think is not a threat, is just words to say Blizzard "dude, wake up, people are talking to you". At the end, if Blizzard, AT LEAST, doesn't say nothing about the topic, probably Nost are gonna oppen the server again in a Rusian server, and they can throw all the C&D that Blizz send to them.

So...28 days till Blizzcon.

Please Blizzard please...at least say something, if u say NO at least u say something.

The question is why do people keep coming to this thread if they clearly have no interest in Vanilla? This is pretty much the only thread in this forum talking about this, you have the other 99.9% of the threads to read about things that interest you. Unless modern wow isn't really all that interesting.
    Last edited by parcus; 2016-10-08 at 02:48 PM.