Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    stocks, bonds, sometimes in banks.. like one hedge fund manager had about 100m in the bank (he forgot his receipt)

See this is really bizarre to me. I guess all the old rich geezers I've come to know in my life from being born into it all have the same mentality of "don't trust the banks".

That and "an unplanted seed never grows" as in, why keep 100 million dollars in a vault underground where you can turn it into 200 million investing or flipping.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rich people keep their money in properties, shares, bonds. The pocket change they keep in bank accounts of the middle class and pockets of the poor.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    That and "an unplanted seed never grows" as in, why keep 100 million dollars in a vault underground where you can turn it into 200 million investing or flipping.
    Or you can lose it all and jump out of some window. If I'd have 100 million dollars the last thing on my mind would be to "make moar money", I'd rather spend my time living my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Or you can lose it all and jump out of some window. If I'd have 100 million dollars the last thing on my mind would be to "make moar money", I'd rather spend my time living my life...
    Thus is the greed of humanity. I'd be happy with $100 a day comfortably retired. Some people say they'll stop at 1 mil.. Then 100 mil... Then 1 bil...

You know why so many super rich celebrities kill themselves young, and why so many old millionaires are sad and alone or drunks? Because when you've done it all, seen it all and "beat the game" you start getting bored of it and want to play a new game. Except in life, there are no new games :P. My dad knew a president of a factory making gear parts for machines who retired a multi-millionaire. He bought a beautiful hunting lodge in northern Ontario and lives like a humble lumberjack now. Wouldn't know from looking at him that he was in reality a multi millionaire.

Real Estate in Canada or in Panama

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Real Estate in Canada or in Panama
    Why that ? Canada is to cold for my taste half of the year and Panama can be easily replaced with a lot of other nice countries.