Thread: [Balance] Buff?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Balance] Buff?

Hello guys.

I want to ask good boonkins. Is Balance druid bad? I know that fun>dps but i'm little sad when i'm doing my best and see i'm below priests, hunters, mages, demon hunters and even warlocks. Of course maybe i dont have best gear, maybe im doing something wrong. But on all sites with dps tier balance is one of the lowest dps. So there is any chance for buff? Im even thinking on making fire mage alt.

Are you talking raids or dungeons?

Normally I'd suggest not going for the top dog class (Fire Mage atm) but with Mage's track record, I feel it's unlikely they'll be nerfed significantly as they've been very high up consistently for the past few expansions.

I say that as someone who's mainly played a Mage and felt a little bad about it during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syqu22 View Post
    Hello guys.

I want to ask good boonkins. Is Balance druid bad? I know that fun>dps but i'm little sad when i'm doing my best and see i'm below priests, hunters, mages, demon hunters and even warlocks. Of course maybe i dont have best gear, maybe im doing something wrong. But on all sites with dps tier balance is one of the lowest dps. So there is any chance for buff? Im even thinking on making fire mage alt.
    They aren't even close to the lowest on those rankings

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    They aren't even close to the lowest on those rankings

https://i.imgur.com/1QVSAAZ.png

Below Priests (Shadow), Hunters (Marksmanship), Mages (Fire), Demon Hunters (Havoc), only above Locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post

Below Priests (Shadow), Hunters (Marksmanship), Mages (Fire), Demon Hunters (Havoc), only above Locks.
    Funny, looks to me like they're above most specs. You also forgot Paladins.
    Some of those specs for the same class aren't interchangeable, either. You can't just replace an Elemental Shaman with an Enhancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post

They are literally above half the dps classes in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Normally I'd suggest not going for the top dog class (Fire Mage atm) but with Mage's track record, I feel it's unlikely they'll be nerfed significantly as they've been very high up consistently for the past few expansions.

I say that as someone who's mainly played a Mage and felt a little bad about it during that time.
    I say this as a Mage since 2.4.3 who has since gone Druid main in 7.0.3: Fuck Mages. Their design is so horribly boring, easy, and archaic, that I don't recommend anyone play that piece of shit FOTM class if you actually have half a brain or care about more than raw numbers. Just saying.

OT: Druids are great. Balance is, well, balanced and still a great choice for nearly any fight. Feral on the other hand destroys single target if you can manage its complexity. All 4 specs are totally viable though. 10/10 great class, would not reroll
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

After maining Balance doing manly a lots of Mythic+, I feel like the cleave part of Lunar Strike could use a buff, it's very very weak and such a small AoE at the moment.

Our Balance Druid is always very high on the meters, and he doesn't even have a DPS legendary

Deleted
    As Druid is hard to get to any Mythic+. Is Balance bad for Mythics or i should write more info on whisper? It will change when i will loot good legendary? My usually dps without incarnation is 190-200. I have 17% haste but im trying to change Mastery for Haste when i only can.

As Druid is hard to get to any Mythic+. Is Balance bad for Mythics or i should write more info on whisper? It will change when i will loot good legendary? My usually dps without incarnation is 190-200. I have 17% haste but im trying to change Mastery for Haste when i only can.
    I've had no issue getting into Mythic+ groups. Pug groups are quite pointless at this stage; most people prefer you have a high item level.

I feel like we are above average in raids and below average in mythic plus dungeons due to our ramp up AoE.
    Overall the class is very demanding and needs a lot of practice to be mastered correctly, but in the end it pays off.

Deleted
    At this point there is no reason to take balance druid to do mythic+ dungeons, you waste most of the time on trash where boomkin is pretty bad.

Hello guys.

Balance is pretty bad right now. in raids and mythic+ and there is a good chance going into 7.1 we are either buffed or have our damage redistrubed in a way that helps our damage IE moving away from dots to single target so they can buff us without fear of us becoming multidot gods.

I wrote a little bit about it here trying to drum up discussion but didn't really turn into much.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749805139#1

Quote Originally Posted by cowman View Post
    At this point there is no reason to take balance druid to do mythic+ dungeons, you waste most of the time on trash where boomkin is pretty bad.
    You have no idea what're you talking about, right? I successfully cleared multiple +7-10 on my boomkin, I was usually top dps on bosses, and kept on par with others on trash. Nobody cares if boomkin can't do gazillion dps on lower difficulties trash, spec isn't about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    Balance is pretty bad right now. in raids and mythic+ and there is a good chance going into 7.1 we are either buffed or have our damage redistrubed in a way that helps our damage IE moving away from dots to single target so they can buff us without fear of us becoming multidot gods.

I wrote a little bit about it here trying to drum up discussion but didn't really turn into much.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749805139#1
    Balance is ok right now, anybody saying otherwise have no clue how to play it. Try DH maybe?

I think that's the thing: balance is just okay.

When you compare it to all specs, it's mid pack. In the context of raiding, though, where pretty much each class is playing the top spec of its class, balance shifts lower overall so it's generally—in the context of a raid—a below average spec.

It's also a low skill cap, low RNG spec. Compare the increase in damage from 50th to 75th percentile moonkin to that of feral or spriest. The latter go up drastically as the percentiles go higher. Moonkin doesn't go up nearly as much. So, there's not really much point to saying 'you should play better'. Playing better doesn't buy a moonkin as much dps as it does other specs.

Overall moonkin damage is fine. It's within a standard deviation of the median damage done. But you'll never shine on a boss. No balance druid should expect to be in the top five of any kind of boss encounter (single target, spread council, clumped aoe, etc.).

That's not a terrible place to be, of course. It's fine. You can do all the content you want. But generally, specs in that position of being fine but never excelling aren't brought to more competitive raid spots. If you want to bring the player rather than the spec, you can bring a moonkin and be just fine. But when you hold the players equal, ie you're at the high end of gameplay, you don't really have any incentive to bring a moonkin. And then, unfortunately the way the wow community works, that attitude trickles down to less competitive raids and pve content.

And overall, I really like the mechanics of the spec. I really like the way it plays in raids. I enjoy M+ dungeons as well.
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2016-10-10 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like most high parsing Boomkins without the helm are able to keep 85-90% uptime on their Lunar Empowerment to even parse. The more you know!

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post

Balance is ok right now, anybody saying otherwise have no clue how to play it. Try DH maybe?
    LOL. Did you not look at my armory on that post???.. lol I held multiple top 5 world ranks and at end of progression last tier was one of the top 6 Overall druid in the US..... I'm literly telling you the reason that Exorsus ran 0 moonkins. Method ran 0 Moonkins, Limit ran 1, Serenity ran 1 (But Nagura herself had said a week before she was gonna probably sit then she got helm) And many other guilds ran 0-1 at best while running 3-4 hunters 2+Spriests and even More warlocks than Boomkins.....

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=90

THIS IS NOT OK.

Or this
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...854&dataset=90 The fight where balance should be king Multidot fight. But were Dead last of every caster....

Or heres even better the end boss.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#boss=1864 Were dead last of all casters not called ele.. and Even below almost every melee.

Boomkin has a low skillcap without the helm. so If your playing in some normal mode guild where half the raid doesn't know how to dps and arn't all grinding dungeons and have 2+legendaries each in their bags Balance druids are fine. If your playing in a real Progression raid guild and you don't have the legendary helm (Or even if you do as I'm linking 90+% logs so alot of those druids do have it) Your basically in the raid for the innervate. Your barely better dps than an Unholy dk of similar skill... Now if your Gape or Nagura or something and have the helm and play your class at a 99.999% Yes you can compete but if you don't have the helm your literally not worth your raid spot in Mythics Unless your better than the players your playing with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Seems like most high parsing Boomkins without the helm are able to keep 85-90% uptime on their Lunar Empowerment to even parse. The more you know!
    Its snapshotting the Fulmination trinket its literly the only way this class is even somewhat viable atm... Expect big buffs in 7.1 or else alot of the top raiders you see playing moonkin will be rerolling for nighthold. In the next 2 weeks Im going to probably be leveling a warlock to go with my mage in case we don't get a 7.1 Buff.
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-10-10 at 05:25 PM.

OK means OK. You do not have to be in 4/4 of the top guilds in the world clearing Mythic content the first week to be considered OK.