Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire mage are that dependent to crit ?

My sister in law is playing a fire and her DPS in 5man is crap. She is ilvl 829 (armory linki: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Peppite/simple )

And she is lagging behind on every parse. Even my ilvl 818 DH beat her on single target fight. Me and my bro we've tryied to play her mage and we can't do betther. Were following the rotation on icy vein but it just seems that we can't pull ahead.

So we are woundering if its an issue with fire mage and low ilvl or if its something related to the player and no the class itself.

The answer is YES. 22% crit is beyond unplayable, you cannot play the spec with that amount. Something clearly was wrongly done during the leveling process, since at 830 itmlvl you should EASILY be at the 42% threshold, which would definetly improve the situation.

My suggestion, if you want to achieve anything with that character, is to craft (and eventually empower) some heavy crit gear. The swap is convenient even if it's lower itmlvl than the one you currently have equipped.

Just tell her to pick up any gear with crit and sell all gear without.

Crit>Int

Thanks guys she will focus on it. How much crit would make the spec goes smoother ?

Deleted
    Getting around 11k crit rating and then it feels pretty smooth

10+ Year Old Account
    The Order Hall chest is a huge help. Upgrade that to 840 ASAP. It gives like 800+ crit (which is more than most normal/heroic drops). Also look for anything which has crit on it (even if it is 10 ilevels lower).

I have only done upto +5 Mythic. From my experience I tend to do better in higher mythic dungeons. In lower mythic dungeons things die too fast for my AoE to be effective. Specially if there are burst AoE classes in the group.

In Heroic Raids, I don't have the crit to compete with anyone at the moment. (Only 51%).
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    there is also the class hall bracers which has a socket that you can get very fast.

the thing with hc raids is that they dont reward items with particularly high crit, for the most part its crit is the lower stat on the item.

also she needs to know that even a good amount of crit and everything good, fire mages really dont start standing out of the dps pack until 845+.. at 860 i have never been in a 5 man that comes even close to my dps.. min 350k most fight and that didnt start until my gear got better.. 58-60% is where shes wants to be then she will start seein improvments.. oh and her talents are very wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    there is also the class hall bracers which has a socket that you can get very fast.

the thing with hc raids is that they dont reward items with particularly high crit, for the most part its crit is the lower stat on the item.
    very true.. run nelth and DHT over and over keystone, mythic, heroic until u get some of them BiS pieces from there.. and get the baton trinket asap

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm sittin around 60% crit with food, and I've noticed the difference in my dps each time I've gained a significant crit increase
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    The answer is YES. 22% crit is beyond unplayable, you cannot play the spec with that amount. Something clearly was wrongly done during the leveling process, since at 830 itmlvl you should EASILY be at the 42% threshold, which would definetly improve the situation.

My suggestion, if you want to achieve anything with that character, is to craft (and eventually empower) some heavy crit gear. The swap is convenient even if it's lower itmlvl than the one you currently have equipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    Just tell her to pick up any gear with crit and sell all gear without.

Crit>Int
    I know you mean well but I've seen someone who took your advice Literal and it's so horrible and screw themselves over. The thing their is a chance people will keep very low ilvl crit gear and even worse destroy unusable high ilvl gear making them stuck in too low ilvl.

To keep it simple:"
    1. Focus on getting 830 ilvl gear regardless of ratings.
    2. Than any item above 830 ilvl prioritise crit. If it's a piece with intellect do take it if it's 15 ilvl higher (once you reach 845ish this standard could increase a bit)
    3. Don't destroy the highest ilvl of each slot even if you don't sue it. Your reward scales based on maximum ilvl.
    4. An asured way to get goor ratings and gear is go craftable and get items that have about 75% of its rating in crit. Than just lvl it up with obliterum.

Crit is really important, but you need an efficient way to get good crit gear quickly.
    I think a good goal is to reach 845 ilvl and above 50% crit. More is better i was able to have around 55-57% at that ilvl.

Gameplaywise. RoP helps fire dmg so much it synergises so well with mages cooldowns. So if you can't use tit hat well and have to use incanters ward than you will take a big hit on your dmg output. Our performance is pretty much balanced around RoP as thats what the hgiher dps performers are using.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-10-09 at 12:16 AM.

It's %55 crit or gtfo right now.

I just hit 810 ilvl on a fresh 110 and I've got about 38-40% crit and Arcane kills quicker questing. Havent ran too many instances yet but working on it and I'm not sure Im not just gonna stay arcane.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post

22% crit on armory is 37% crit in-game. Of course it's still very low :P

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Thanks guys she will focus on it. How much crit would make the spec goes smoother ?
    50%+ crit and it is easily obtainable. Hell shoot for 60% crit if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    It's %55 crit or gtfo right now.
    At what ilvl? I'm 845 right now iwth 52% crit, and every piece of my gear (bar bracers) has crit. I'm running double crit trinkets. Getting to 55% unbuffed doesn't seem possible without going for full raid gear, or getting armor with absolutely maximized crit.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-10-10 at 11:53 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    At what ilvl? I'm 845 right now iwth 52% crit, and every piece of my gear (bar bracers) has crit. I'm running double crit trinkets. Getting to 55% unbuffed doesn't seem possible without going for full raid gear, or getting armor with absolutely maximized crit.
    I'm at 54% @ ilvl 837 without counting the DMC buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    I'm at 54% @ ilvl 837 without counting the DMC buff.
    What the balls...armory link please!
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Don't want to start a new thread for this - but it is related to fire.

How far ahead is RoP for Fire compared to Incanter's Flow? According to the PvE guide for frost on MMO-C, the difference is about 1%, but I'm curious how this fares for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Haram View Post
    Don't want to start a new thread for this - but it is related to fire.

How far ahead is RoP for Fire compared to Incanter's Flow? According to the PvE guide for frost on MMO-C, the difference is about 1%, but I'm curious how this fares for fire.
    Rune of power is essentially mandatory for fire. It's different for Frost because it doesn't have big burst windows like we do, but an enormous part of Fire's DPS comes from Combustion, and you simply can't pass up always increasing that by 50%.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    Rune of power is essentially mandatory for fire. It's different for Frost because it doesn't have big burst windows like we do, but an enormous part of Fire's DPS comes from Combustion, and you simply can't pass up always increasing that by 50%.
    Thank you for the help. I just recently started playing my mage again. I find myself doing pretty average damage during non-combustion windows in M+. It seems like every other pack I do poor damage.

On another note, if I have taken Conflag, LB, Incanter's Flow, and Meteor for M+, is that the generally recommended talent build since we are moving pretty frequently? Also, what is my AoE rotation / priority system during combustion? I assume I don't use FS at all because it doesn't cause crit chains. Do I just do my standard fire blast / phoenix flame -> Pyro rotation and let ignite do the passive aoe/cleave? I have my ST rotation pretty much down pat after practicing on the dummies for a bit (with RoP), but with AoE I'm still struggling.

Edit: Finally, an issue I've had at lower levels of M+ is that the adds die before I can 'set up' for my combustion burst. Having to do 1-2 fireballs, fireblast, RoP, Combustion takes a bit of time, and by then most of the adds are already dead...
    Last edited by Haram; 2016-10-12 at 05:40 AM.