Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, it isn't, and putting those kinds of ultimatums on refugees when most nations have substantially worse problems internally is asinine.
    So we should accept they bring their problems with them? No, we should not accept that, they are supposed to be leaving that shit behind, not just spreading it everywhere else.

They are completely relevent, because you are saying that not even one-in-a-million! is acceptable, meanwhile more people are dying by their own hand than "terrorists".
    So what if people are topping themselves, how does that make terrorism somehow acceptable? What level is acceptable for deaths from terrorism before it becomes an issue, or is there no limit? For me the number of acceptable deaths is zero.

Who said anything about having a duty to accept terrorists? What the fuck are you even on about? People shouldn't stop doing good because there is a risk of something bad happening.
    I vote in politicians in order to make my life, and the lives of people I care about, better, not put them in danger.

That's what makes them good people.
    No it doesn't.

The terrorist was caught and arrested before he could do anything, that's how the system works! Everything is working properly.
    All of them are caught are they? There have been no successful terrorist attacks? If there have been, then that comment by you makes no sense at all.

Fuckin' hell your fear of the brown foreigners is just plain insanity.
    Brown foreigners? I live in a country that is made up of those 'brown foreigners', if I feared them I wouldn't live here, so what the fuck are you on about?

And this bloke is Syrian, Syria is a whopping 60 whole miles from where my father's family comes from, those 'brown foreigners' look exactly like my cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. Oh yeah...and me when I have a tan.

Your fear and irrational behavior towards terrorists is exactly what they want so frankly you might as well let them all in, since you've already lost.
    That is retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Brown foreigners? I live in a country that is made up of those 'brown foreigners', if I feared them I wouldn't live here, so what the fuck are you on about?

And this bloke is Syrian, Syria is a whopping 60 whole miles from where my father's family comes from, those 'brown foreigners' look exactly like my cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. Oh yeah...and me when I have a tan.

so you're saying all brown people look the same? wow...

yeah okay i have nothing valuable to add to this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so you're saying all brown people look the same? wow...

yeah okay i have nothing valuable to add to this
    They do.

I can't even tell me and my brothers apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we should accept they bring their problems with them? No, we should not accept that, they are supposed to be leaving that shit behind, not just spreading it everywhere else.
    Well I'm willing to bet that Ma and Pa Refugee didn't want Joe the terrorist to tag along, but it's not like they knew who he was.

So what if people are topping themselves, how does that make terrorism somehow acceptable? What level is acceptable for deaths from terrorism before it becomes an issue, or is there no limit? For me the number of acceptable deaths is zero.
    Zero tolerance policies don't work in American schools, and they don't work anywhere else.

I vote in politicians in order to make my life, and the lives of people I care about, better, not put them in danger.
    Well you better tear down your whole government sonny, because your politicians are putting you in a lot more danger from things other than refugees on a regular basis.

No it doesn't.
    Great argument Socrates. You stick your fingers in your ears when you say that too?

All of them are caught are they? There have been no successful terrorist attacks? If there have been, then that comment by you makes no sense at all.
    All of them? All of them?! What is it with you and all of them? Put words in my mouth again and you can join my list of word-twisters on my ignore list. I didn't say "all of them" I said "this guy" was caught. I don't know anything about all of them. If I had some magic wand that told me who was a terrorist and needed to be arrested I'd be happy to supply the government with that information. I don't have that. You don't have that. The government doesn't have that.

The fact that you are also brown does not keep those people from being seen as brown foreigners. That's why you're refusing to help them. They are "others" and don't deserve your help.

That is retarded.
    No, that's how terrorism works. They make you afraid to act. You are afraid to act. So you have lost.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm willing to bet that Ma and Pa Refugee didn't want Joe the terrorist to tag along, but it's not like they knew who he was.
    Perhaps they should stick to refugee camps bordering Syria and hope they get taken in by countries without a retarded refugee policy.

Zero tolerance policies don't work in American schools, and they don't work anywhere else.
    You are comparing terrorist deaths to the US education system? What?

Well you better tear down your whole government sonny, because your politicians are putting you in a lot more danger from things other than refugees on a regular basis.
    No they aren't.

Great argument Socrates. You stick your fingers in your ears when you say that too?
    You didn't provide any basis for your claim, so why is refuting it like that somehow not acceptable?

All of them? All of them?! What is it with you and all of them? Put words in my mouth again and you can join my list of word-twisters on my ignore list. I didn't say "all of them" I said "this guy" was caught. I don't know anything about all of them. If I had some magic wand that told me who was a terrorist and needed to be arrested I'd be happy to supply the government with that information. I don't have that. You don't have that. The government doesn't have that.
    You said, "The terrorist was caught and arrested before he could do anything, that's how the system works! Everything is working properly." so unless they are catching all of them, then you answer was crap.

We do have a decent way to stop terrorist refugees from committing terrorist attacks in our countries, can you guess what it is?

The fact that you are also brown does not keep those people from being seen as brown foreigners. That's why you're refusing to help them. They are "others" and don't deserve your help.
    You need to explain where the whole notion of their skin tone or ethnicity as an issue for me came from. There is no indication of it in my posts, for good reason, so it smacks of trying to scream "Racist!" in order to try and shut down any opposition, that is not going to work with me.

No, that's how terrorism works. They make you afraid to act. You are afraid to act. So you have lost.
    I don't lose out if we stop them entering our countries and reduce terrorism. Considering I am literally calling for an action to be taken, I am not sure how you see that as being afraid to act, it is acting in my interests and those of the people I care about, but certainly not a fear of acting.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Hey, one more clown posting BS. Facts. As in official crime statistics:

http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Do...ublicationFile

page 44: Foreigner crime rose exactly 47.7% in Germany in 2015. Piss off.
    All know that this statistics are false please link some real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    By definition she is, what is your point?
    When you think that head of the centre-right Christian Democratic and liberal-conservative CDU is a "lefty" we're done talking, im not into games. For the rest, if you dont understand what i was replying too then read my original post.

7+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is it with some posters here on mmo-champion and their obsession about "brown" when describing people?

Do you seriously think people care about their skin color? Lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    What the fuck is it with some posters here on mmo-champion and their obsession about "brown" when describing people?

Do you seriously think people care about their skin color? Lmfao.
    It makes it even funnier when plenty of people from the middle east are "white".

The memes never get old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    That's the issue. They aren't official sources, they're usually tabloid sensationalist far right wing news sites that make up numbers for their own agenda.

Show me (general statement, not telling you to do anything) official and trustworthy sources and I'll have no issues accepting their numbers.
    I was not aware that SVD is a far right wing news site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svenska_Dagbladet

They have posted the numbers too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftonbladet

They have posted the numbers too. These guys on the other hand tried to make some ridiculous crime rate comparison between the Sweden Democrat politicians and immigrants, as if the Sweden Democrats politicians being more criminal than Swedes somehow excuses the immigrants crime rates.
    Last edited by mmoc1afe70b5e4; 2016-10-09 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    What numbers?
    http://www.svd.se/brottslighet-bland...a-alla-partier

You can read it for yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It makes it even funnier when plenty of people from the middle east are "white".

The memes never get old.
    Well, shit, it gets even more hilarious that some people from my family(Thais & Malays), who are way darker than most of the arabs I've met, never get called "brown". They're just met with "asian".

It seems to be reserved for arabs or mexicans, despite them being way paler than some members of my family and many of my friends.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2016-10-09 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I'm not really seeing what is so worrisome from those numbers:

The absolute majority of all crimes committed by Norwegians. 90 percent of the perpetrators of the crimes committed were native Norwegians. There are, however, certain immigrant groups over-represented in crime statistics that arouses interest. 6.1 percent of all Norwegians committed any crime during the measurement period. Immigrants from Nordic countries, Western Europe and North America committed crimes in lower grade than that. But 10.4 percent of immigrants from Eastern Europe, 13.6 percent in Asia, 13.8 percent from Central and South America and 17.8 per cent of immigrants from Africa were recorded during the same period for the offense. Although immigrant children had higher criminal activity than the norskättade, the report shows.

Source countries with the highest percentage of offenders were Morocco (18.1), Iran (19.4), Somalia (21.8) and Iraq (23.6 percent). On the other side of the spectrum are countries of origin such as China (5.9) and the Philippines (4.7 percent).

-

That still means that 80% are just fine people who just want to peacefully live their lives, right? So why treat them all badly?

I mean, I'm not going to deny there aren't a whole lot of colored people filling up the prison cells or standing in the unemployment lines, but rather treat them all individually instead of treating them all the same. Some of them work their asses off running their own small businesses, and I take offense when people try to claim they are all criminals and rapists and lazy leeches.
    It's unacceptable rates. It's perfectly understandable that people want to exclude them and that there's problems with hostility directed towards them when they are that much more criminal than other groups.

"Colored"? People in Sweden do not care about peoples skin color, the east europeans are pretty much as badly viewed as the arabs and they are white too but have higher than average crime rate too.

Oddly enough there's barely any hostility directed towards east or southeast asians... Hmm, what could be the cause? I wonder...
    Last edited by mmoc1afe70b5e4; 2016-10-09 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post

The memes never get old.
    Most of the Syrians I know that are brown are only brown due to having a tan.

It is like saying the Scottish are red skinned, rather than white people with sunburn.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm not really seeing what is so worrisome from those numbers:

The absolute majority of all crimes committed by Norwegians. 90 percent of the perpetrators of the crimes committed were native Norwegians. There are, however, certain immigrant groups over-represented in crime statistics that arouses interest. 6.1 percent of all Norwegians committed any crime during the measurement period. Immigrants from Nordic countries, Western Europe and North America committed crimes in lower grade than that. But 10.4 percent of immigrants from Eastern Europe, 13.6 percent in Asia, 13.8 percent from Central and South America and 17.8 per cent of immigrants from Africa were recorded during the same period for the offense. Although immigrant children had higher criminal activity than the norskättade, the report shows.

Source countries with the highest percentage of offenders were Morocco (18.1), Iran (19.4), Somalia (21.8) and Iraq (23.6 percent). On the other side of the spectrum are countries of origin such as China (5.9) and the Philippines (4.7 percent).

-

That still means that 80% are just fine people who just want to peacefully live their lives, right? So why treat them all badly?

I mean, I'm not going to deny there aren't a whole lot of colored people filling up the prison cells or standing in the unemployment lines, but rather treat them all individually instead of treating them all the same. Some of them work their asses off running their own small businesses, and I take offense when people try to claim they are all criminals and rapists and lazy leeches.
    Over representation in crime rates is what people are complaining about. 1-in-5 people from a group being criminals is staggeringly high.

Deleted

Over representation in crime rates is what people are complaining about. 1-in-5 people from a group being criminals is staggeringly high.
    Not to worry, it's all due to socioeconomic factors!

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    It's always the funniest shit when some dipshit here demands sources, and immediately goes do dismiss them as BS when they actually get some, but they don't go along with his/her own narrative, but swells with self-confidence if they do
    But they are false... its very commen here in germany that policestatistics get faked or wont show the real problems, they just shift alot policeman from burglary cases to violent crimes cases and after 1 year they pat them on there shoulders for the low burglary rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But they are false... its very commen here in germany that policestatistics get faked or wont show the real problems, they just shift alot policeman from burglary cases to violent crimes cases and after 1 year they pat them on there shoulders for the low burglary rate.
    This is true. I have read on the internet that the Real Statistics™ are coming from good two-bit blogs.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Caught
    /10 char

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the Saxonian police he contacted a Syrian friend at Leipzig's main train station who then invited him to his home in Paunsdorf, constrained him there and called the police who just had to pick him up.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-10-10 at 07:02 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was not the police who caught him. should we worry about that ?