Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    And how exactly do you know that? I've heard very positive words from people who doesn't play the games at all and we still keep hearing that. Duncan Jones always retweets positive words from people, especially those who never played.
    If the casual audience would've loved it enough, then the movie would've done a lot better in the US. They can spread the word all over the globe which would lead to a bigger succes, but apparently not enough people loved it. No doubt that there are people that enjoyed the movie while being unfamiliar with the games, but they seem to be to few in numbers. I've only seen real Warcraft fans who go out of their way to rate it an 8 or higher, who rate it out of enjoyment rather than how the movie is constructed.

The US flop could mostly be contributed by the poor reviews (from unprofessional critics) and awful marketing, not sure if a good word from the general audience could save it though.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If the casual audience would've loved it enough, then the movie would've done a lot better in the US. They can spread the word all over the globe which would lead to a bigger succes, but apparently not enough people loved it. No doubt that there are people that enjoyed the movie while being unfamiliar with the games, but they seem to be to few in numbers. I've only seen real Warcraft fans who go out of their way to rate it an 8 or higher, who rate it out of enjoyment rather than how the movie is constructed.

The US flop could mostly be contributed by the poor reviews (from unprofessional critics) and awful marketing, not sure if a good word from the general audience could save it though.
    it was also poorly marketed in the US.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Why? Hyperbole (and flat-out lies) is the only way you people make this movie a success by any definition.
    I never lied or used hyperboles ever here, unlike someone else (*cough* Tackhisis *cough*) so again, if you want to be taken seriously maybe you need to do something more than spout hyberbolic statements.

Don't take it personal, is just an advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Adorable. The size of the drops was bigger than average.
    Define "average." Movies on average are seen by half as many people each week after their opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    in the US due to bad marketing.
    XD

That's all I have to say to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I never lied or used hyperboles ever here, unlike someone else (*cough* Tackhisis *cough*) so again, if you want to be taken seriously maybe you need to do something more than spout hyberbolic statements.

Don't take it personal, is just an advice.
    You should take it yourself. Then go re-read what it was you apparently misread to begin with.

Why ask me to define it and then do it yourself? And Warcraft had a week with a 79% drop... and it wasn't at the end of the run either.
    Link to your source?

geez people, can't anyone accept the fact that some loved the movie, some hated it, and it seems like their was nothing inbetween :\ I myself enjoyed the movie for what it was, an adaptation of a videogame, sure the pacing was horrendous at first but then it got better as the movie went on, not enough character depth, but it happens in all kind of movie, not just this one. Was it a marvellous work wich had absolutely no flaw what so ever? of course not, it could've been improved a whole lot, was it so bad that it gave cancer to anoyone who saw like some of you would love to claim? hell no. It was a movie, not a bad one, not a good one, but an average one.

Many critic compared that movie to LOTR mainly because it involved orc and human ... as if LOTR was the only place you'd ever find human and orc, some even went as far as complain that the orc weren't shown as savage evil beast like they usually are being portrayed. The marketting was abysmal almost anywhere in north america. I live in canada (quebec to be precise) and in here, aside from the few add on internet that i've seen, I haven't seens much ad of the movie, no one in my family either, yet some went to see the movie despite never playing the game themself, they even went on to ask me some details on it since they knew i played the game for quite a while.

So can we please stop this bullshitting about the movie was the worst movie ever made by all the hater, and it's the best movie ever made by the fanboy and simply say it could have been much better or much worse?
    Last edited by Elggur; 2016-10-09 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adorable. The size of the drops was bigger than average.
    For China? No.
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...d=warcraft.htm (-62.9% drop fist week)
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...marvel2016.htm (-66.0% drop first week)
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...=avengers2.htm (-65.1% drop first week)

First week less of a fall, the two following weeks a bit more. Overall pretty average for a blockbuster in China.

Deleted
    And boom, more delusion.
    Yes, God forbid people have their opinions... not to mention Tornwar is faaarrrr from the only person who liked the film. In fact, if you just pick a random film scoring website you'll see Warcraft has ratings that are just fine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/?ref_=nv_sr_2
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft

But nooooo it is a shitty film because I said so and some critics shat all over it in their prejudiced video game film circlejerk... If you just want a film with good CGI and some Orc smash then Warcraft is good. If you went into the cinemas expecting a narrative marvel... well...

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    Yes, God forbid people have their opinions... not to mention Tornwar is faaarrrr from the only person who liked the film. In fact, if you just pick a random film scoring website you'll see Warcraft has ratings that are just fine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/?ref_=nv_sr_2
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft

But nooooo it is a shitty film because I said so and some critics shat all over it in their prejudiced video game film circlejerk... If you just want a film with good CGI and some Orc smash then Warcraft is good. If you went into the cinemas expecting a narrative marvel... well...
    Nah, some people (hint: not you) know the difference between subjective and objective facts. Warcraft is, objectively, a bad movie despite your subjective opinion.

It's telling when the people behind the scenes, themselves, say that they should have only made the movie for China. XD

Deleted
    Nah, some people (hint: not you) know the difference between subjective and objective facts. Warcraft is, objectively, a bad movie despite your subjective opinion.

It's telling when the people behind the scenes, themselves, say that they should have only made the movie for China. XD
    You probably didnt watch enough movies to know what a bad movie trully is.
    I watched Warcraft 2 times in the cinema and i have absolutely no idea where all the hate comes from by the social media.

The people think it's decent movie (7.1 in IMDB) The people have spoken.
    And there is absolutely no doubt that is the best videogame movie of all time. That's a fact.

The social media simply hate the videogame community. There is no other explanation for the horrible ratings in rotten tomatoes.
    IMDB is the voice of the people and everyone with half a brain knows that Warcraft is not a horrible movie.
    It's just decent that's all.
    People were just expecting something incredible and only got half of the expectations. That's the only problem.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-10 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You probably didnt watch enough movies to know what a bad movie trully is.
    No. Once again: YOU are the one who doesn't know what "objective" means.

I watched Warcraft 2 times in the cinema and i have absolutely no idea where all the hate comes from by the social media.

The people think it's decent movie (7.1 in IMDB) The people have spoken.
    LOL! "Like, the random group of people I like on social media have said it's amazing, but, like, all the other people on social media are big poopyhead dumbdumbs. THE LOGIC IS FLAWLESS AND I CANNOT UNDERSTAND ANYONE WHO SAYS IT ISN'T!"

XD

Just... Jesus. XD

Deleted
    No. Once again: YOU are the one who doesn't know what "objective" means.

LOL! "Like, the random group of people I like on social media have said it's amazing, but, like, all the other people on social media are big poopyhead dumbdumbs. THE LOGIC IS FLAWLESS AND I CANNOT UNDERSTAND ANYONE WHO SAYS IT ISN'T!"

XD

Just... Jesus. XD
    Yes, social media is flawless opinion.
    Ghostbusters got a score of 6.5 on rotten tomatoes and Warcraft gets a stupid 4.2

Flawless and objective opinion. Almost a fact

PS: Ghostbusters is one of the stupidest movies i have ever watched in my life

By all measures it wasn't a good movie. It failed to get positive word of mouth, failed to make money and failed critically.
    If i would say on this point, the movie was overly bashed before going out by "trolls armys", who, before the movie was ever seen anywhere, rated and criticized it like shit in all support available =) its a fact, it was like this like one month before the first screening.

After the launch, everyone was able to have his own opinion, but well, after the first social troll bashing its obvious some people dont go.

(And in my case, yeah i appreciated it but i think it would have been incredibly better with like 20 minute more at start, not like the 15 min actual slideshow §)

Yes, social media is flawless opinion.
    Ghostbusters got a score of 6.5 on rotten tomatoes and Warcraft gets a stupid 4.2

Flawless and objective opinion. Almost a fact

PS: Ghostbusters is one of the stupidest movies i have ever watched in my life
    And the logic just keeps getting more and more entertaining. The mind boggles!

Deleted
    And the logic just keeps getting more and more entertaining. The mind boggles!
    For a moment i thought you were going to protect Ghosbusters.
    Good move

I'm just saying social media sucks.
    From whom is your "objective opinion"?

Because the people give it a 7 (imdb & RT) and the social media gives it a 4.
    Which objective opinion is better for you?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-10 at 03:09 AM.

For a moment i thought you were going to protect Ghosbusters.
    Good move

I'm just saying social media sucks.
    From whom is your "objective opinion"?

Because the people give it a 7 (imdb & RT) and the social media gives it a 4.
    Which objective opinion is better for you?
    No answer I give will convince you. You can't convince crazy of anything.

Deleted
    No answer I give will convince you. You can't convince crazy of anything.
    Answered like a true politician.

You are not just calling me crazy. Thousands of people think the movie is a solid 7 score. (imdb and Rotten Tomatoes)
    I think the social media are the crazy ones

You are not just calling me crazy. Thousands of people think the movie is a solid 7 score. (imdb and Rotten Tomatoes)
    I think the social media are the crazy ones
    The fact that you still don't see it after saying this... it says it all. XD

Deleted
    The fact that you still don't see it after saying this... it says it all. XD
    Yeah because imdb and RT users are all warcraft players giving absurd reviews
    /facepalm