Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Why Do So Many People Say MoP is Their 2nd Worst Expansion?

Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?

Because they're knee jerking on Pandaren.

MoP was amazing and only second to TBC (where Legion will rank remains to be seen). It was the similiar saving grace of WoW coming from low tier garbage like Cataclysm, a bit like Legion appears to be one for WoD.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Only reasonable explaination is they joined in MoP & only saw that & WoD.

If it was me I'd say beacuse pandas and weeb theme. I don't play the FF shit for a reason.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Was one of the better expansions to be honest. I jumped into it expecting to hate every second of it, but falling in love within the first 30 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmfao, MoP was the 2nd best expansion, behind WoTLK. Idk who ur talking to to get that idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If it was me I'd say beacuse pandas and weeb theme. I don't play the FF shit for a reason.
    ToT was great, SoO had little if any Pandas, hell, even the base expansion (first tier) was really good when it came to area design and lore (the Mantid!).

So, yeah. Kneejerk pretty much.

Because "hurr durr pandas". People can't see past one added race that you don't have to play.

Because people have different opinions? Not everyone was into the Asian theme and pandaren that were all over the place.

Sounds like the theme is just a trigger or something. I remember hearing about people flipping their shit in WoD over a single Panda NPC in the garrison. Personally MoP is my favorite xpac.

I would easily rank Legion, WoD and Cata worse than MoP

I liked MOP. The art design was sic. There was a lot to do. I believe there were two new bg's as well. For me, the worst ex pac was easily WOD with cata close behind.

Deleted
    Somebody has to be wrong, and it's them.

Because they either didn't play or don't remember Cata.

because while more uneven cata was overall more enjoyable to me

it had my favourite raid content of all time (the first tier with bot bwd)
    it finally gave us a great rogue only legendary with a fantastic quest chain
    it still had some semblance of the old talent system
    sub rogue was the most fun in that expansion (at least in pve)

plus it had the most raw content.

oh and it had actual hard 5mans unlike mop
    plus mop leveling was one of the most miserable experiences of my life dreadwastes as a rogue was just not fun, if i pulled 2 mobs they literally killed me unless i popped full CDs, and i missed realm first 90 rogue by like 5 minutes
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-10 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I would easily rank Legion, WoD and Cata worse than MoP
    surprised you dont like legion. I think it's great. If it's properly supported it might be my new favorite expac.

Because they are clueless. Mop was the best expansion hands down. I'm not basing on this on what I LIKE. Im basing this on what additions came to the game. It is objectively the best no question but legion looks like it at surpass it as long as we keep getting patches like they say.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

MoP dungeons were awful, probably the worst of any expansion to date.

The overall theme was 'eh', not really fitting all that well within the WoW framework (and Pandaren still being one of the least played races, despite being faction neutral, speaks to this as well), the leveling had far too much silly tween content in it.

Given those negatives, it was still a better expansion than WoD. I'd probably mark it as better than Cata as well, but not by a whole lot.

who are these people
    guildies/friends?

TBC > WoTLK > MOP > Legion (so far) > Cata > WOD