Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because in this world people can have objectively wrong opinions.

My personal reasons:

1. I did not like monks... the theme, the esthetics, the rotations... all crap. Monks are still the least played class by far.
    2. Pandaren look bad in gear and are treated as a joke, even by blizzard. Clowns in fur.
    3. MOP had nice looking zones but i stopped enjoying after the first character reached max lvl.
    4. I am not a fan of asian culture... their myths, their religions, their societies, focus on agriculture/farms... i just am not a fan.
    5. I really did not care for ANY character. Whoever lives or dies, the pandas/fishppl/monkeys did not matter to me or interest me.
    6. Nazi garrosh was really annoying... not only that but his character just did not make any sense. He was not stupid, but he acted like he was brain damaged.
    7. Whatever we did in MOP did not really matter... it is all just about that little island, even if it sinks it does not matter to the rest of azeroth.

The gameplay was fun BUT i did not enjoy the theme of the expansion.
    Felt very detached and uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    TBC > WoTLK > MOP > Legion (so far) > Cata > WOD
    same as me

Cause people have different opinions not that hard really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it is purely about theme and Pandas.

I like the Monk class well enough but the Pandas are meh to me.

As for the theme; it really has to hit me and get me excited. And for some reason the Asian feel just didn't do it. Idk.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

A lot of people went into MoP already hating it, and honestly if someone goes into something expecting not to enjoy it then they're going to not enjoy it.

People disliked the subject and refused to give it a chance. I acknowledge there's a few people with legitimate personal complaints about the expansion but for the most part I can't see much that was wrong with the expansion. When I ask people what they disliked about it, the vast majority of responses are something along the idea of "lolpandas".

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause LOLPANDAS. In reality MoP was probably pound for pound the best expansion WoW has ever had. I still stand by if they slapped any other skin on that expansion people would have ate it up. That expansion easily stand above everything before ti in my mind objectively. I could let nostalgia blind me and say BC or Wrath were better and they both were amazing at the time and I still love them but MoP was perfect in my eyes. It was all completely new lore and had a pretty interesting story IMO.

I still also think so far it is better than Legion. Legion is fantastic but I feel like part of why it feels so good is because it came after the clusterfuck that was and is WoD. When you are starving literally anything is better and right now Legion feels like a buffet. I still can't pass final judgement on it until we hit the final content patch because WoD was the same to me. It started great and then nothing else happened. Legion isn't going to be that from what we have seen and what they have said but we will have to see.

15+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, even though I consider Cataclysm one of the worst expansions, I did play that expansion way more than Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor and Legion. Hell, even The Burning Crusade, because I started playing World of Warcraft pretty late. I played Cataclysm more than all the others combined, except for Wrath of the Lich King.

But maybe that was because I found a great pug group that I could do raids with. I opted to quit Cataclysm towards the end to play Star Wars: The Old Republic instead, only to return shortly before the release of Mists of Pandaria, just 5 months after playing SWTOR. At the time, I couldn't find a pug, nor find the will to raid during the week, so I just quit. The same happened with Warlods of Draenor, but of course this time, I'd been away from World of Warcraft far longer. Probably two years, only to return for Warlords and play that for three months, before quiting once more.

Thus far, Legion is keeping me interested. The LFD system for raids and Mythic dungeons is great, and is helping me find decent pugs to raid with. The ridiculous cost of flasks and pots prevent me form joining proper groups; I simply refuse to spend 2700g on a single flask, nor 1000g on a single potion.

Legion is a massive grind fest, though. But, we'll see. It has only been a little over a month

This list holds true for me:

Wrath of the Lich King
    The Burning Crusade
    Legion
    Cataclysm/Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor

Torn between Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I played Cataclysm way more, but the overall theme of Mists of Pandaria and the story was just way better. Cataclysm feels like a last minute decision because of the succes Wrath of the Lich King was. Each expansion has 10 new levels, Cataclysm had 5. As a result, so did Mists of Pandaria. Maybe Mists of Pandaria was supposed to follow Wrath of the Lich King and have 10 levels.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    the leveling had far too much silly tween content in it.
    Can you clarify that? Because I remember Horde and the Alliance fighting full on against each other, destroying the local's homes (and the Alliance even had Pandaran slaves) before releasing a sealed away evil, then trying to fix our massive stuff up before trying to save refugees from 'evil tauren' and have them join our army before fighting for Old God worshippers.

Not really sure what was 'Tween' about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Cataclysm feels like a last minute decision because of the succes Wrath of the Lich King was. Each expansion has 10 new levels, Cataclysm had 5. As a result, so did Mists of Pandaria. Maybe Mists of Pandaria was supposed to follow Wrath of the Lich King and have 10 levels.
    No, that was them thinking that 'faster expansions' would mean they could stretch it out more before level numbers get much higher.
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2016-10-10 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because opinions are subjective.

I find both Burning Crusade and Classic to be highly overrated while Pandaria and Lich King are the top of the food chain with Legion shaping up to join them.

Cataclysm is often underrated. And, despite its poor late game design, Warlords had a brilliant story and perfect leveling experience.

i mean if you dislike the theme thats all well and good. I just feel ignoring the positives does it a disservious to it imo. I mean ToT was amazing. The monk class had some great mechanics. etc. If we judged expansions based on theme, WoD would be much higher than it deserves.

No one thing in WoW annoys me more than Pandas, but I still remember Cata and that shit was way worse than MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt mind the pandas too much but the zones and everything was just not my cup of tea

I'd say it is something like

Wotlk > TBC >> Vanilla (Legion will probably end up up there somewhere) - as far as good times of WoW go.
    Then MoP as the first shit tier
    Then Cata as the second shit tier
    And then WoD as the ultimate shit tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when MoP was first announced. It was on April 1st or a day or 2 before and I thought it was an April fools joke. As time went on it became clear it was no joke and eventually the expansion was released and it was as cheeseball and childish as I was worried it was going to be. I LOVE asian culture and philosophy but HATE MoP.
    I passed through the Vale 4 times last night on my way to farm a staff from Naxx and cringed everytime I heard that shitty limp dick music in the Inn.

MoP does not fit with the WoW I have played for 12 years and I don't give 2 shits about the Warcraft 3 inclusion of Pandas. I cannot believe the team took the dev seriously who came up with the idea. I don't remember his name and while he is a fabulous artist, I wish that long haired hippy would have pushed to have his kung fu pandas in another title not WoW.

Mop had alot of cool things and the team did a wonderful job with most aspects. Lots of improvement and the games implementation showed dev maturity even though the theme was anything but mature. Unless you are completely blind or a hopelessly sensitive gently soul (nothing wrong with that), it is clear it was not only a nod to the many Chinese players that deserve respect and recognition but a sorry attempt to bring new younger (children) players. I see lots of MoP babies because of it...whatever, they need to boost numbers somehow.

I think all the MoP fanboys need to go create a club somewhere. Certainly a protective and sensitive bunch. I mean look at the avatar of the thread author...point-in-case.

IMHO MoP is childish and cheesy as FUCK!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

The thing that gets me everytime this is brought up : "I don't like/I am not a fan/I hate Asian culture".

I'm pretty sure there are people that don't like "Vikings/Nordic culture" but they don't make that much fuss about WotLK and if they didn't like it that's never (or rarely) in their main points for disliking the xpac.

Don't really understand why people seem to be so butthurt about "Asian Culture", especially when it's based on "old culture" and not "modern".

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    I remember when MoP was first announced. It was on April 1st or a day or 2 before and I thought it was an April fools joke.
    It was announced mid-October at Blizcon.

IMHO Mop had the worst 5 mans of any expansion, terrible gated rep grinds, and the least apealing setting.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't mind the aesthetic of MoP. Didn't care about Pandas or shit like some other people who don't like MoP. Honestly, I liked the theme of the expac and the story was great--which seems to be a pretty common belief. The reason I actually put MoP in my WotLK>Cata>MoP>WoD order is because it just didn't hold my interest.

MoP is the only expansion since I started playing where I struggled to keep interest. It's the only expac where I let my sub run out and I didn't play for some months at a time. *shrug*

MoP may have been my favorite expansion.

IMO ToT ranks on one of the best raids ever made. All the fights in there felt fun, new, and exciting. Not to mention when you got to fight Ra-den, it looked so fucking badass. The only thing I didn't like about MoP, was Amber Shaper and Loremaster Cho's voice acting.

Anyone hating on MoP, just couldn't get passed Pandarians. (Who again, were in Warcraft lore long before Kungfu Panda was a thing)