Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you skipped an expansion but still rate it?
    what?
    He lost me at "Casualysm" and "Pandaland" lol

IMO, at time of release : Wrath > BC > Pandaria > Classic > Cata > WoD

Not including Legion yet, too soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    MoP dungeons were awful, probably the worst of any expansion to date.

The overall theme was 'eh', not really fitting all that well within the WoW framework (and Pandaren still being one of the least played races, despite being faction neutral, speaks to this as well), the leveling had far too much silly tween content in it.

Given those negatives, it was still a better expansion than WoD. I'd probably mark it as better than Cata as well, but not by a whole lot.
    Actually if you clump the Pandaren from both factions (which you should, since they are from the same race), are there more Pandarens than Trolls, Gnomes, Dwarfs and Goblin, while being at the level of Draenei and Worgen.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

So saying Pandaren is one of the least played races is a bit of fallacy. : )

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    mop was great expansion content and story wise

however, panda and monk class, they kinda failed, statics show that both the race and the class are the least played, compared to DK and soon DH

yeah, and it was one of the lowest expansion purchased

really, the only hate-worthy thing in MoP was how long we were on SoO, other than that, it had tons of stuff to do, great raids, introduced new things like scenarios, challenges, flex, timeless isle style of content, had good legendary chain, pet battles... yeah, the daily rep and triple-gating justice gear wasnt well thought out, but atleast they tried to fix in with zandalari rares and rep tokens etc. ¨

It comes down to basically some people not being able to get over Pandaren, regardless of lore, they would just see them as the happy, cheesy bears in valley of 4w, ignoring shado-pan and everything beyond the great wall, but content-wise, MoP was so far the best expansion

Because i think it was a shit expansion, that simple. I've been playing since WotLK, i personally think Wrath was better, Cata was the best one ive experienced, Legion is ok so far, MoP was trash, WoD was even worse.

Not everybody thinks the same way you do, deal with it...

TBC > MoP > WotLK >>> Cata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ............ >>>>>>>>> ..... >> .. > WoD.

I chose TBC as first because I only could play a bit of classic but the could fully enjoy the TBC, so it was a big big step and everything was exciting.
    WotLK was cool and all, but it felt tooo long for me, and the burnout started.
    Cata was not that bad in my opinion, but it certainly was a step back in quality and quantity levels of raids, pvp and gameplay for my characters.
    MoP was really refreshing for me, because the content felt really different, and the classes I played received changes I loved so much (Destro and Feral). The story was quite good as well.

WoD... I just can't stand it. From the lore, to the gameplay, to the stupid garrison, the levelling process... I just can't stand that expansion.

And Legion so far feels awesome. Probably gonna end my first choice.

But then again, when it comes to taste, it's always subjective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personal opinions.

/thread
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is in my top 3.. Together with Wrath, and Legion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Because "pandas and Pokemon".

Pet battles are why MoP was one of my favorite expansions. I certainly had much more fun with that side game than I ever did in BGs or arenas.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

As a hardcore raider, MoP was a god send.

every raid was amazing, HoF killed my first mop guild but I moved on to a top 10 US one to continue the grind.

ToT was perfect, the bosses were very well balanced and required just the right amount of skill. And it was just very well designed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just couldn't get into the theme and stories really. If that's not in place, the best game systems in the world won't matter to me (not to say MoP had the best systems).

I liked 5.2 patch. I really liked Flex. Lorewalkers. The mantid story arc. It had some neat stuff, but the problem for me was... I just didn't care. Pandaren were just too silly. Stormstout Brewery was the first dungeon that introduced me to MoP and it included rabbits and high pitched voice Alementals. Complete turn off from what I expected from a Warcraft expansion.

It's totally true to say that Warcraft always had some crazy side humor. Just look at the new Illidan questline. Look at Goblins and Gnomes in general. Engineering. But it was always a complimentary comic relief to an otherwise serious main storyline. Arthas and the scourge. Demons. Etc. When the main story arc tracked you through the beautiful valleys of Pandaria, where you just met a lot of fat, drunk Pandaren... that's not what most people expect from Warcraft.

That's why I really hate when people say "Warcraft was always silly". It always did have a subtle sense of humor, but it was NEVER PRIMARILY SILLY. Not until MoP.

So when people say it was "Kung Fu Panda". They aren't saying Warcraft can't be silly at times. They are saying WoW went from 80% serious and 20% silly, to a different proportion that just became more of a turn off.
    This is it. I don't know what is so damn confusing to people. It is not just the stupid pandas you MoP fanboys. MoP was childish period blank. Did you people even play MoP? Are we talking about the same game...how in the hell can anybody not agree that it is childish?!

The guy I quoted gets it...it is not obscure but pretty damn obvious. So alot of you like MoP, good here is your damn cookie. The question was asked why do people dislike it and all the fanboys attack. It is subjective. MoP was a cheeseball cringy expansion in my opinion. Deal with it.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

It was a very different theme going in, and a lot of people got turned off by the presentation.

The opening cinematic did them no favors here; it made the Pandaren look like a powerful-yet-simple badass in the theme of a hybrid between kung fu panda and old-school martial arts, while the bumbling Alliance and Horde looked pathetic.

(Of course, in the end the Pandaren were the ones who were completely pathetic, save for the ones from the wandering isle who joined up with us, but that's beside the point I suppose.)

*shrug* It was a solid expansion, but it can be very hard to overcome first impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Of course we've never had anything that absurd before. Kobolds crying about their candles, murlocs being fish people making gurgling noises, goblins and gnomes existing, Maximillian of Northshire, the entire content of "Welcome to the Machine", none of that is at all nonsensical.
    It's a fantasy game full of cow men fighting space goats.
    There have been plenty of odd or silly things in the game. Those things are all made up things and also old parts of the game people rarely see. 4 winds is a zone of real things twisted into absurd monsters. It is also in your face over and over through out the expansion, the things you mentioned are an after though at best and never seen by some.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Becurse thay didet play it.

7+ Year Old Account
    MoP was a great expansion. It cut no contents. It did everything right. People really missed it now.

I don't know man. A LOT of people got riled up about the Pandaren. Which i can understand, if only to a small extent. When it was announced, and they spoke about the basic themes of the expansion for the first time, i was kinda skeptic, too. Didn't look all too good at first glance. But I personally loved MoP in the end. Pandaria as a continent was absolutely beautiful, the questing was fun, msv, terrace, heart of fear, and throne of thunder were awesome raids in my opinion, and i actually liked playing a pandaren monk. The only thing that didn't live up to the rest of the expansion was siege of orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Can you clarify that? Because I remember Horde and the Alliance fighting full on against each other, destroying the local's homes (and the Alliance even had Pandaran slaves) before releasing a sealed away evil, then trying to fix our massive stuff up before trying to save refugees from 'evil tauren' and have them join our army before fighting for Old God worshippers.

Not really sure what was 'Tween' about it.
    A good portion of the first few zones were dealing with hozen, fetching or drinking beer, stealing carrots from oversized rabbits, annoyingly voiced water sprites, and other mundane nonsense. That sort of thing is what I'm talking about.

There's nothing wrong with silly content. There's plenty wrong with silly, forgettable content.

7+ Year Old Account
    This video shows why MoP was a great expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    MoP was a great expansion. It cut no contents. It did everything right. People really missed it now.
    It did everything right? I guess 13 month content drought is perfectly fine then.