10+ Year Old Account

Cant decide on spec

Hello guys, since start of legion im Outlaw, and i was fine with it, i hate rng part of it but other then that its fine for me.

Problem is now days im doing much less dps then some other classes like hunters and mages. On single target im pulling around 250-270k dps with average rolls but then there are hunters in my guild with 400k dps etc.

Im wondering if changing to assas or subt for long run will change my dps by large margin, im not giving damn about 5% deference between specs, im talking about if i would be able to pull ~350k dps with proper gear relics traits etc on assas or subt?
    I cant test it my self as both my relic wpns for those two specs are 750ilvl without single trait in them ( coz i was sure outlaw will be king of this xpac and wasnt interested in offspecs) , so it would be looong time investment in relics, traits, gear etc, that i need to pay off on long run.

Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tiletto/simple

and here are last night logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t2QDRfCXbwjdpNq7

I would like any kind of advices even for current spec.

But most important question i would like answer to, can assa or subt make huge deference in dps from outlaw, if not today, in month or two?

Thanks in advance
    -
    Last edited by Stiletto; 2016-10-10 at 12:33 PM.

Short answer. Yes. Long answer, it depends on what you do and how good you are at the other specs. Changing specs is not likely to magically boost your dps.

Deleted
    I used to be an awesome Combat rogue but horrible at A & S. If those two specs at some point simmed higher than Combat, it wouldn't have helped me improve at all. I just couldn't get my head around their rotations and priorities. So Combat was my choice.

I assume the same goes for everyone else. You 're good at one spec of a class, but that doesn't mean you'll be as good or better with the others.

Deleted
    For the most Fights and Situations is Outlaw the right answer. Mythic+ and raiding is fine. Pvp = assa. In the Future and with the right legendary it will be sublety.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok since no one can give me answer i was looking for, can anyone at least tell me what is average dps all 3 specs pull on patchwerk style fight with lets say 865ilvl so i can see deference between dps in specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    Ok since no one can give me answer i was looking for, can anyone at least tell me what is average dps all 3 specs pull on patchwerk style fight with lets say 865ilvl so i can see deference between dps in specs.
    You should probably check the Simcraft website - it has all of the spec rankings by Pre-Raid, Heroic and Mythic gearsets.

There IS a thread titled Simulationcraft results.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    There IS a thread titled Simulationcraft results.
    This.

\10char

10+ Year Old Account
    So if no buffs/nerfs aka changes happen to rogue specs, Subt will be strongest spec by far if i understand correctly?

Deleted
    So if no buffs/nerfs aka changes happen to rogue specs, Subt will be strongest spec by far if i understand correctly?
    look at the raid stats in mythic EM in warcraftlogs, thats the best way to find out which specs are performing in relevant content.
    At the moment in mythic EM assassination is performing best followed by sub (although this has a small sample size) with outlaw being one of the lowest specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to go for subt, started from 1 trait already at 16, already got 1 relic, need two more and then to improve my ilvl and then i can switch to it.