Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard should do something about the Relics

It's been about 2 weeks since I saw a relic with the right trait, been running heroics and mythic plus everyday. Having a relic to drop is not easy, not to mention one with the right trait. The traits are so important that even if one is 10 item level higher than the other, is useless, if it has a useless trait. So the dungeons will not drop one for me, WQs will not either, either they are for the other spec or they never come up with the right traits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Relics arent't the best designed feature for sure.
    I get relics for the artifact I haven't even completed. (shadow relics when I'm disc/holy) I understand it would be easy to cheese the system if it would not give relics for the spec you never use, but it's not cool anyway.
    Relics and their traits should be separated, it's indeed stupid to get a relic that has 5-10 ilvls more but it boosts a totally useless trait. (For example I have relic that would give me +1 ilvl to my artifact while removing +4% from my penance damage... totally not worth it)

I haven't seen a holy artifact drop or come up on a WQ in almost 3 weeks now. My ret 2nd slot is stuck with a green 780 relic and it's starting to get old.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same here, I had to wait ~3 weeks for an upgrade on my 830-830-825 mainspec disc relics. In the meanwhile I kept looting 840+ relics for holy and shadow.

Deleted
    i've looted maybe 50% more iron and arcane relics from WQs than Fel and shadow for my demon hunter... quite demotivating to get a 860 relic for your tank spec... almost every time

How is this different from any other slot?
    It's not uncommon at all to get a TF shoulder or neck which is an ilvl upgrade but because of the secondary stats is worthless for your current spec, though would be quite good for your OS.

We have people in our raid team with artifact ilvl of 900+. No such luck for me - I need a specific trait, which limits me to
    * one from Black Rook Hold that I don't have yet
    * one from Darkheart Thicket or one from Xavius - Xavius hasn't dropped his yet, so stuck with DHT version
    * one from a world quest, which I have at 830. Literally, until Nighthold opens, I'm just waiting for this world quest drop to appear again and proc warforged. Yay.

So I'm currently at 870, and will go DOWN when I get the BRH one.

It's not THAT bad, since the artifact seems to get a high ilvl pretty easily. But it is damned annoying, I agree with that, that they seem to rarely ever drop. Aside from one relic, I don't think I've replaced mine since the second week of the game.

For a long ass time, too, my prot pally artifact was way higher than my Ret, and I have basically zero intentions of ever playing as prot any time soon. That right there can sure as hell be demotivating, like the above guy said. The artifacts for offspecs even when your mainspec is your loot spec in WQ's should not be a thing. That's why they have loot specializations to begin with, I thought.

Boomkin's best in slot relics drop in Violet Hold and from a World Boss. Isn't that lovely?

right now no matter what higher item level beats out whatever boost the relic gives. I have looked at dh, warrior, mage, priest and pally they all say the same thing. When it comes to relics higher itemlevel will outweigh the little boost that the relic gives. so honestly idc about the secondary trait anymore. I think it was stupid to even put it on there in the first place because this is what was going to happen people will not use an 860 relic over an 840 because they feel it is better to use the 840 with a 1% boost on the trait and if you would just use the 860 the stat upgrades would be so much better. Any relic that is 5 item levels higher than what you have should be used

however i do agree the randomization of the relics is pretty awkward.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2016-10-10 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    I just don't understand why in god's name WQ loot isn't personal loot but -pre-determined while Blizzard made so much effort to push that personal loot system through.

To touch on this, you should be able to swap relics in and out for different fights. Having them be destroyed like regular gems is bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    We have people in our raid team with artifact ilvl of 900+. No such luck for me - I need a specific trait, which limits me to
    * one from Black Rook Hold that I don't have yet
    * one from Darkheart Thicket or one from Xavius - Xavius hasn't dropped his yet, so stuck with DHT version
    * one from a world quest, which I have at 830. Literally, until Nighthold opens, I'm just waiting for this world quest drop to appear again and proc warforged. Yay.

So I'm currently at 870, and will go DOWN when I get the BRH one.
    It's my understanding that ilvl>traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I haven't seen a holy artifact drop or come up on a WQ in almost 3 weeks now. My ret 2nd slot is stuck with a green 780 relic and it's starting to get old.
    At this point I'm feeling pretty confident that paladins only get Life or Iron relics in their WQ. Int trinkets too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Probably for most, but for ret the crusade relics are worth more than ilvl in some cases. I'm not sure the exact stat weight, but that trait is a huge dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    To touch on this, you should be able to swap relics in and out for different fights. Having them be destroyed like regular gems is bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on the spec for example for unholy the trait the darkest crusade is worth more than up to 5 itlv increase because it give a bigger increase from rune of the fallen crusader for strength

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a big deal to have a trait that isn't perfect.

Yeah, the design of relics is a little ridiculous considering how powerful some of the traits are they buff versus how utterly RNG loot is right now.

You should also be able to equip and unequip relics rather then having it forever gone once you swap relics. You cant even test anything this way, you have to comit cause if you change the wrong relic you are screwed forever (or rather until you drop another one).

Its even worse if you are a spec, like MM hunter, whose wep dps is literally 3x more valuable than any other stat. I finally got a 860 something Storm Relic that replaced the 830 I had. My Life and Blood are 840 and 845 I believe. My guild is now 1/7 mythic and ive ran a bunch of mythic plus and have done every world quest since launch for those and still they are that low. That plus getting the CC Legendary ring and legendary pants that heal me....im a little pissed off at Blizzards loot system

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's not a big deal to have a trait that isn't perfect.

im dps and i keep getting traits that boost my hp

Deleted
    So is this the right thread to tell my story about how i got a 880 + 890 bis relic on our first mythic nythendra kill and took my artifact from 872 to 902 ilvl in 1 massive relic loot fest... Only slightly sad thing is im a healer and not dps, as i imagine it would have a bit bigger impact. =)