Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because: Asian Theme.

MoP gave an entire expansion to a race of Panda bears of whom we only ever saw one in WC3. The theme was horrible, the music and gear felt more like a cheesy kungfu movie than WoW, and then of course having to deal with the KungFu pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    I mean, if you don't like pandas you don't like pandas. If you don't like pandas, maybe you don't like panda expansions. If you don't like panda expansions, maybe you don't like panda patches. If you don't like panda patches, maybe you don't like panda raids. If you don't like panda raids, maybe you don't like panda dungeons. If you don't like panda dungeons, maybe you don't like panda dailys. If you don't like panda dailys, maybe you don't like panda quests.

It really just is that simple: people don't like pandas.

I liked MoP though. I like pandas.

Deleted
    WoTKL
    MoP
    TBC
    Cataclysm
    WoD

We'll see how Legion turns out.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of interpretation skills. They think that MoP = Valley of the Four Winds. Also, masculinity problems lead to strange hatred towards everything that the midia does not identify as cute. Self-validation and stuff. It's ok to not like cute stuff, but some posts here were simply too much weird, like a augmented dislike, just to prove a point.

Thanks to that kind of feedback, we got WAR WAR ORCS MACHINES EVIL WAR.

MoP was pretty fun, actually liked the zones and everything. But... pandas. People didn't like those and I understand them. The cinematic was cringe worthy

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked MOP I had a nice guild for raiding, loved pandas, the asian theme was pretty damn good, the whole raid in orgrimmar was epic stuff since Im a horde fanboy, isle of thunder reminded me of isle of queldanas just done better and of course the raid was epic as hell, so many dailys as a casual raider there was so much to do. Overall really loved the expansion. But a lot of people hate it. No idea why and I dont care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Corrected that for you, Pandaria was just as bad as WoD was. The raids were shitty, the content outside of it was borderline boring..can go on and on for days.
    ToT patch was the best patch since... well, it is THE best patch of all time.

Yes, of all time.

Well it's my top 1 worst expansion.

Because something has to be at the bottom?

I would go

BC - all the good things spawned here
    WOTLK - all the good things were refined here
    Mists - Quest storytelling got significantly better in this xpac. I was very impressed with the writing. This xpac is so stylized it makes sense why it's at the bottom of people's lists. It is so different than the rest of the game in so many ways.
    Cata - Hitting 85 and breaking myself against his body was amazing and all, but it dropped off pretty quick after level cap. I did have some fun with archaeology though.
    WoD - I liked garrisons. I'm kind of a loner though. Though I probably played this xpac less than any other ever. I also don't like writing that is just storyline what ifs. Was like playing in a bad live action fanfic.

I didn't even hate WoD but something has gotta be at the bottom!
    Last edited by xEisenheim; 2016-10-10 at 07:30 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post

Yes, of all time.
    3.1 and 5.2 personal favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    OOH OOH! I DID! And I still think MoP was better than it lol. BC was great because it was the first expansion and the game was still super fresh. I will never deny that but seeing the shit people complain about now and actually remembering BC I can't imagine how much it would get torn to shreds today. Content gating? Remember having to grind to fucking revered with every rep before you could run its corresponding Heroic? I sure as hell do. I also remember having to attune every character to raids. That original Black Temple attunement was fucking insane lol.

I'll admit I do miss SOME of that because now it's too easy to get into stuff but at the same time there needs to be a middle ground. Cause god damn haha
    it gave you actual things to do. I think most people enjoyed that they had to spend time getting attuned to suramar dungeons... and it actually delayed that content a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    people are quick to forget how good MoP was...
    Hi

Yes, of all time.
    Throne is a terribly overrated raid. There, I said it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    As if 5.2 was just a raid.

And that's the point. It wasn't just a raid-release.

And you're wrong. Lei-Shen on progress was one of the most intesene, challenging fights this game has ever seen. The outdoors-indoors variety was amazing... it was good.

I liked MOP more then i like legion TBH. Legion for me started off ok, but after a month...its boring
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, of all time.
    Good joke.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    don't cut yourself on all that edge now

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    I hated how pretty much every zone was a forest
    The Jade Forest - OK
    Valley of the Four Winds - There are like 5 trees in total in the zone.
    Krasarang Wilds - OK
    Kun Lai Summit - A mountain with maybe 3 trees in total in the zone.
    Townlong Steppes - Definitely not a forest.
    Dread Wastes - Definitely not a forest.
    Isle of Thunder - Definitely not a forest.
    Timeless Isle - Definitely not a forest.

Your Pandaria edition was different than everyone else's or what?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    Fat pandas.

Deleted
    I won't say I hate MoP, it has some beautiful places, and I loved Timeless Isle and the Wandering Isle, but it is my least played expansion for a single reason: I don't consider the Mantid or the Monkeys epic enough and I don't like the silly-happy theme, that was present for example in Shrine or is right now in the inn in the Monk's class hall. Shrine is a nice city, not that epic but still, but I can't stop hating the silly happy hippo dancing music. I adore the epic-ness wow has to offer, but that "silly naive theme" is the exact opposite.

Pandas brought some very good themes with them, the peace of mind and the Sha, who are physical manifestations of one's negative emotions; the courage to fight horrors to preserve homeland; the Celestials; etc. It is so fresh and beautiful.
    But they also brought the stupid things, like fighting monkeys or saving the brewery from the beer that came alive and is annoying the drunk Pandas. It's a complete turn off.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2016-10-10 at 08:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Fat pandas.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    MoP gave us a really shitty looking race as playable characters, meaning you're going to have to look at that stupid shit for as long as you play WoW. Thankfully they're getting kind of rare. To me it's just shitty art that changed the game forever. I'm never going to change my mind and enjoy their aesthetic all of a sudden.
    The expansion itself was gorgeous. The zones, the gear, it all looked amazing except for those player models.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-