Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking PVE youtubers that main mages

I'm new to doing this PVE thing but i like it a lot. Any popular mage PVE'rs that give good tips and stuff I could check out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rikh.

10chars
    im cool pls respodn

Personally I wouldn't watch Rikh as a shining example on how to play Mage, for a start he mouse clicks some of his abilities.

Shameless self plug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVr2HWcBFuA (M Ursoc kill)

391k on M Ursoc first kill. No dps legendary, "only" 865 ilvl. I talk a little bit about what I'm doing throughout our kills. Looking to improve on that.

honestly if someone can do as much damage as Rikh while clicking every button I wouldn't give a shit and still watch to try to improve or get hints. Doubt it would be possible, but to say someone is not a good example to watch because they click a few abilities is just stupid, just look at his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Personally I wouldn't watch Rikh as a shining example on how to play Mage, for a start he mouse clicks some of his abilities.
    who cares? hes the top mage on a lot of parses. if he wanted to play with his big toe hed still be better than everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    who cares? hes the top mage on a lot of parses. if he wanted to play with his big toe hed still be better than everyone here.
    You know PVE is a joke when a "top mage" clicks lol

Deleted
    If he/she is faster than the GCD and can stay away from shit on the ground, what is the problem?

i personally has tanked where i used my mouse to some of my abilities, and i have never had any problems with it :S

Lexi/Vykina, from Method.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrs...-0vvuLYBCjV8Tw

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Oh yay, what an interesting and captivating conversation. "Raiding is so easy, that's why I have exactly zero kills outside of lfr and normal."

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    you play a hunter and havent even stepped foot into a heroic raid. whats the joke here really.

Deleted
    What abilities are those? If it's Time Warp, I'm not sure it's bad. I even do it for some potions but I should probably fix that.

He gets carried a lot by his gear and the fact he's in a top guild gives him access to that gear. If you were to match him gear for gear, I bet there would be plenty of people here that could keep up and probably beat him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    What abilities are those? If it's Time Warp, I'm not sure it's bad. I even do it for some potions but I should probably fix that.
    IMO there's not a single ability that you need to use in a fight that you should ever need to mouse click, everything should be key bound.

1. gets carried by gear
    2. clicks
    3. swaps legendary gear by equipping it manually every time, instead of making 2 equip manager sets and binding them
    4. specifically asks their groups to go out of their way to connect as many targets for him so he can inflate his dps and then act like he is actually good

the list goes on and on and on.
    never understood how could anyone put that dude above actual mage gods, which he is not in case you missed it :>

you play a hunter and havent even stepped foot into a heroic raid. whats the joke here really.
    Naw bruh he's a hardcore pvper he ain't got time for no scrubs he's busy grinding for a rank higher than challenger lulz ain't got no time for dragon slayin fam

Also just because you're in a good guild doesn't mean you're good. Look how long Method kept Treckie around for.

He gets carried a lot by his gear and the fact he's in a top guild gives him access to that gear. If you were to match him gear for gear, I bet there would be plenty of people here that could keep up and probably beat him.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO there's not a single ability that you need to use in a fight that you should ever need to mouse click, everything should be key bound.
    I disagree. I specifically remove my heroism from a bind. This ability being used "on accident" which will happen to anyone, always, who has it bound(by law of large numbers, even you eventually would use this accidentally) can cause significant downtime and potentially an extra wipe in a raid environment.

Thus, imho, heroism should never be bound. It is a vital enough button that it should be hard to activate.

This is the same reason guns shouldn't have a very light weight trigger. It is dangerous. Like Heroism being popped at the wrong moment.

EDIT: One could argue that top end raiders might be in less danger binding this button since theoretically they don't make mistakes(lol, yeah right) but it is hard to argue that the standard whelp raider should bind time warp next to combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I disagree. I specifically remove my heroism from a bind. This ability being used "on accident" which will happen to anyone, always, who has it bound(by law of large numbers, even you eventually would use this accidentally) can cause significant downtime and potentially an extra wipe in a raid environment.

Thus, imho, heroism should never be bound. It is a vital enough button that it should be hard to activate.

This is the same reason guns shouldn't have a very light weight trigger. It is dangerous. Like Heroism being popped at the wrong moment.

EDIT: One could argue that top end raiders might be in less danger binding this button since theoretically they don't make mistakes(lol, yeah right) but it is hard to argue that the standard whelp raider should bind time warp next to combustion.
    I can see your reasoning, personally I've never acdidently popped a heroism, have it bound to number 5 on my mouse...works fine for me but each to their own I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Preach is maining a mage this xpack as well. I enjoy his videos personally

I was in a top 30 us guild back in cata. Not bragging just saying I have pve'd before. I haven't raided (on a schedule) since then. I just found it funny that a "top pve mage" was a clicker.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    1. gets carried by gear
    2. clicks
    3. swaps legendary gear by equipping it manually every time, instead of making 2 equip manager sets and binding them
    4. specifically asks their groups to go out of their way to connect as many targets for him so he can inflate his dps and then act like he is actually good

the list goes on and on and on.
    never understood how could anyone put that dude above actual mage gods, which he is not in case you missed it :>
    When you play at the level he plays at, there's no such thing as "carried by gear". He doesn't click everything, and there are plenty of times where clicking is acceptable. As far as your point on swapping gear, really? That's your big point? That he manually equips. I'm fairly certain you're pure garbage simply by this response. Book judged by its cover
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore