Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    It isnt just pandas - there is also kung fu and chinese architecture what doesnt belong to wow feel.
    Azeroth is a massive world, with many unique zones and architecture. Saying it doesn't belong is like saying that China doesn't belong in the real world, because it "dosen't have that Europe feel".

10+ Year Old Account
    Its because deep down, they are all racist against the Chinese, and they spit on the sidewalk whenever they come across a Chinese American, and go eat Chinese food while complaining bout how shit it tastes because, you know, Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because the Chinese aesthetic does not fit wow. T14 was horrible aside from sha of fear. It brought in shitty legendary grinds across the expansion for everbody. You were either stuck in soo and/or on an island for 14 months. The dailies were unfun and unrewarding. Most of the gear was ugly as fuck. Why isn't it the second worst expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastgope View Post
    Azeroth is a massive world, with many unique zones and architecture. Saying it doesn't belong is like saying that China doesn't belong in the real world, because it "dosen't have that Europe feel".
    I like you. Lol. This is perfect honestly. Heaven forbid Blizzard add some variety to their world. I kinda wish more people would at least see it like this. ANytime someone tells me Pandaria is out of place I just don't get how or why. It's different yeah but people act like it's alien when Warcraft literally has fucking space goats with interstellar star ships. but nope. Pandas are the line in the sand lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    One word. Pandas. Fuck pandas. Fuck MoP. It wasn't all that bad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If you haven't noticed yet, the "WoW framework" is a satirical, fantastical or reimagined look at real-world cultures, stereotypes and fantasies. You have: Aztecs, Egyptians, Native Americans, Carribbeans, Africans, Gothic, Medieval Europe, Euroasian, Norse, Greek, Canadian, Steampunk, High-Tolkien, Lovecraftian, Contemporary Sci-Fi and Amazonian all on the same game. But our line is drawn at Chinese Pandas? Gimme a break.
    Some of it works, some doesn't. *shrug*

*flashbacks of Daily Quests* the zones were pretty though, and I think monks are a solid addition to the game, panda females are awesome characters (Male pandas look like hot garbage), but other than that it felt super repetitive and other than ToT nothing stands out for raid/dungeon. and the story was not bad but not great either.

Overall I have to Rank TBC>WotLK=Vanilla>Legion(so far)>Cata Pre 4.3=MoP>Cata Post 4.3>WoD

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    MoP dungeons were awful, probably the worst of any expansion to date.

The overall theme was 'eh', not really fitting all that well within the WoW framework (and Pandaren still being one of the least played races, despite being faction neutral, speaks to this as well), the leveling had far too much silly tween content in it.

Given those negatives, it was still a better expansion than WoD. I'd probably mark it as better than Cata as well, but not by a whole lot.
    it speaks nothing...MoP was released in 2012. WoW in 2005.... you think 4 years later Pandaren who cannot even be all Classes are more played than Humans or Orcs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because the Chinese aesthetic does not fit wow. T14 was horrible aside from sha of fear. It brought in shitty legendary grinds across the expansion for everbody. You were either stuck in soo and/or on an island for 14 months. The dailies were unfun and unrewarding. Most of the gear was ugly as fuck. Why isn't it the second worst expansion?
    You must really hate Legion.

MoP was EASILY my favorite expansion, without a fucking contest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You must really hate Legion.
    I do not because it's nothing like mop so far.

For me its the worst expansion - before cata.
    I really dont like any zone. Tbh I hated the first one (Jade forest? smth like that) and the last two. And I cant remember the area in the south (which isnt a good thing either).

I hated the Mogu raid, I hated the whole "Sha" things, didnt fit into Warcraft for me.

ToT and Isle of Thunder were pretty good, among the best 3 or 4 patches in WoW I think.

The Timeless Isle was ... well fun for the first 2 weeks.

SoO I enjoyed, to.

But that's it. 2 Raids and one patchcontent, and that doesn't outweight the rest of MoP.

But I only played 2 Months into Cata, I liked the Zones, the difficulty of the 5mans and the first Raid. Since I didnt played during Firelands or DS I cant judge that, but for me Cata was better then MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ascetic aside as it doesn't relate to the actual raw content and is a personal preference, why do so many people rank mists so low on their expansion lists? I mean the content it offered by the end of it absolutely shits on WoD and is better than Cata imo. 5.2 is my favorite patch ever made for WoW. Even the other patches had some fun content. The original Timeless Isle was pretty good. Is the theme seriously the only reason? Would Mists position on your expansion rankings change if it had a different theme?
    What makes you think so many did not like MoP? The general consensus from what I've seen is that MoP was an awesome expansion. A lot of younger players did not like the playable Pandaren, but the minority tends to speak the loudest.

IMO MoP is either the best expansion or a close second place behind TBC. I personally loved the Brewmaster hero from WC3 so I never really had an issue with Panda's or felt that they were being forced here. In fact I pretty much had been waiting since wotlk for the panda race and class to be introduced. The dailies did get old eventually but IMO started off well and were gated properly, my biggest gripe early on was that 5 man's became irrelevant after like a day or two at max level. I did feel that the first tier of raiding was well done and patch 5.1 went along perfectly. 5.2 was even better and ToT IMO is one of the best raids of all time.

The Siege of Orgimmar raid IMO was a let down.... it wasn't bad but it just didn't hold my interest, at least. Certain parts were cool but I think the idea of just one massive raid kind of gets dull and that the route of multiple raids with 4 to 7 bosses per tier is a better way to go. The dailies weren't really interesting and the Timeless Isle stuff was cool for a day or two but got old. I found most of the time anyone was on for a prolonged period of time, it was related towards getting mounts or pets..... and not related to actually gearing up your toon, which is weird.

Deleted
    BC > WotLK > Legion > MoP > Cata > WoD - for me

I really enjoyed MoP, it really felt like WoW. While I did not, and still do not, care for the Pandas I don't have to play one. For me it was the last great expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If it was me I'd say beacuse pandas and weeb theme. I don't play the FF shit for a reason.
    weeb theme? way to be racist towards the Chinese culture. Not Japanese as you tried to insinuate with your insult.
    people wonder why the world thinks Americans and Europeans are racists.

Because "pandas r ghey".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Its because deep down, they are all racist against the Chinese, and they spit on the sidewalk whenever they come across a Chinese American, and go eat Chinese food while complaining bout how shit it tastes because, you know, Chinese.
    this is probhably the most true explaination I have ever seen reguarding why MoP was so hated

It's ahead of Cata and WoD on my list, but behind TBC and Wrath. I could see Legion passing it depending on what they do with the rest of the expansion.