Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Yeah, so? If it's not challenging then what exactly is the issue?
    The issue is the continuing, retarded mentality of trying to push forced, manufactured "social gaming" on people. Mythics have nothing to do with "being challenging". Anyone can do them with their eyes shut. Everyone agrees that heroics are on the level of normals and mythics are at the most on the level of heroics. There's several levels of Mythic+ people can do to be "challenged". So it's clear mythics aren't segregated from the dungeon finder because they're "challenging".

The real reason is because some developer over there at Blizzard, or a bunch of them, decided that "social gaming" is what people should be doing nowadays because of "social media" and oh how it's so fun for us all to hold hands in our SJW PC safe spaces and sing Kumbaya together while we jerk eachother off with our compliments and happy happy joy joy feelings, and so they're trying to force people into "making friends" and "getting to know people" in the game, to find guilds, to be "social" because that's apparently how "healthy human beings behave", so that they can then run those mythics that are now required for a whole bunch of quests, and behind which profession recipes are gated.

And if they were honestly thinking that the group finder tool was "just as easy to use" as the dungeon finder, or that you "can just as easily" run mythics with random people using that, then they would've just put mythics on the dungeon finder and not made this asinine decision in the first place.

Plenty of my RL friends played WoW throughout the past 12 years, and I've gotten to know more than enough random guildmembers thus far. I have absolutely no need to leave the small guild I'm in with a couple RL friends to try and go find some guild full of random assholes who act like random assholes and who I have absolutely no interest in getting to know. So then since I don't have enough people I know in the game, or playing in the same faction, I'm forced to try and use the group finder tool, which then is run by assholes who have completely retarded ilvl requirements, and who go all Hitler on you the first chance they get if you make the smallest mistake, because people are assholes. It's only a question of whether they show to you that they are, or not.

And when I'm stuck playing prot warrior mainly, instead of some easy mode DPS that can just stay in the background shooting some bolt, and since I can't even switch to a DPS spec because Blizzard's developers can't seem to get around fixing those on the warrior, I'd be forced into tanking mythics, with all the aforementioned tryhard assholes, who'd be in the group regardless of whether I make it or someone else does. And then 5 minutes in it ends up with either myself leaving, or someone else, which leaves 1-2 people frustrated because now they're searching for a replacement member who has to physically find the dungeon, and if any bosses are killed is then locked out of those bosses and it all becomes a completely unnecessary trial when they could've just added the goddamn mythics in the goddamn dungeon finder.

But hey. It's so fun to do social gaming! Whee, we here at Blizzard are having so much fun playing with our coworkers, so it must work for everyone around the world. Whee!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Shit, now you have to actually do slightly/not really challenging stuff to achieve other stuff, abysmal! HOW COULD THEY
    It's stupid design to have an ilvl 815 hat recipe drop in a place where most people are already going to have an 840 hat by the time they get to. I'm honestly surprised that anyone would disagree that this is a dumb way to do things.

I'm fine not going back to the days when your engineering goggles would last you through several raiding tiers, but if the hat is obsolete by the time you can make it and you're basically reducing the most iconic aspect of a profession to a transmog item, that's just poor design. Especially when there are a ton of alternatives like letting them be obtainable earlier to help you get into mythics, or to be worn while leveling up, or, if the pattern is going to be obtained via mythics, it should be at least mythic gear equivalent item level. There are lots of ways it could have been handled that would have been a more reasonable balance between the content and the reward.

I like mythics and have zero problem with running them to get goodies, but I can still acknowledge when something seems poorly thought out.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

PSA: Professions are worthless this expansion except herbing, alchemy and enchanting.

For that reason, didn't bother to bring my engineering up, because it's just a worthless goldsink.

How is this "better" than WOD? They're still worthless, but now they're also expensive to bring up. People have no reason to buy crafted stuff except pots, flasks and enchants.

The whole legendary "profession team" they assembled for legion... I wonder why don't they get as much flak as Holinka got for Ashran.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-10-10 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's stupid design to have an ilvl 815 hat recipe drop in a place where most people are already going to have an 840 hat by the time they get to. I'm honestly surprised that anyone would disagree that this is a dumb way to do things.
    IIRC they even said that suramar dungeons are mythic-only because when you would unlock them, you would already outgear heroic versions? Lol.

Anyway, given how much critic there is in mmo-champion about professions, i'm surprised next blizzard Q&A question threads in official forums are just full of stupid balance questions instead of profession ones. For me personally, biggest problems in legion are mythic-wanking and professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    For me personally, biggest problems in legion are mythic-wanking and professions.
    For me, biggest problems in legion are professions, rng-wanking and balance of the classes.

Way to go to sell an expac with "class fantasy" and "pick your artifact and hone it" plastered all over and then make some specs extremely sub par to the point of frustration.

Everything is way too rng, classes, loot, profession, ilvls, stats, legendaries, patterns, they couldn't even be bothered to make reputations worthwhile, we didn't even get n-th boar recolor this time for being exalted, just a tabard and bunch of worthless recipes, and then we get yet another rng mount (the fox).

Leveled off Goggles, Trigger and 2 Goggles were yellow for me , I believe they are gated behind rep though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The issue is the continuing, retarded mentality of trying to push forced, manufactured "social gaming" on people. Mythics have nothing to do with "being challenging". Anyone can do them with their eyes shut. Everyone agrees that heroics are on the level of normals and mythics are at the most on the level of heroics. There's several levels of Mythic+ people can do to be "challenged". So it's clear mythics aren't segregated from the dungeon finder because they're "challenging".

The real reason is because some developer over there at Blizzard, or a bunch of them, decided that "social gaming" is what people should be doing nowadays because of "social media" and oh how it's so fun for us all to hold hands in our SJW PC safe spaces and sing Kumbaya together while we jerk eachother off with our compliments and happy happy joy joy feelings, and so they're trying to force people into "making friends" and "getting to know people" in the game, to find guilds, to be "social" because that's apparently how "healthy human beings behave", so that they can then run those mythics that are now required for a whole bunch of quests, and behind which profession recipes are gated.

And if they were honestly thinking that the group finder tool was "just as easy to use" as the dungeon finder, or that you "can just as easily" run mythics with random people using that, then they would've just put mythics on the dungeon finder and not made this asinine decision in the first place.

Plenty of my RL friends played WoW throughout the past 12 years, and I've gotten to know more than enough random guildmembers thus far. I have absolutely no need to leave the small guild I'm in with a couple RL friends to try and go find some guild full of random assholes who act like random assholes and who I have absolutely no interest in getting to know. So then since I don't have enough people I know in the game, or playing in the same faction, I'm forced to try and use the group finder tool, which then is run by assholes who have completely retarded ilvl requirements, and who go all Hitler on you the first chance they get if you make the smallest mistake, because people are assholes. It's only a question of whether they show to you that they are, or not.

And when I'm stuck playing prot warrior mainly, instead of some easy mode DPS that can just stay in the background shooting some bolt, and since I can't even switch to a DPS spec because Blizzard's developers can't seem to get around fixing those on the warrior, I'd be forced into tanking mythics, with all the aforementioned tryhard assholes, who'd be in the group regardless of whether I make it or someone else does. And then 5 minutes in it ends up with either myself leaving, or someone else, which leaves 1-2 people frustrated because now they're searching for a replacement member who has to physically find the dungeon, and if any bosses are killed is then locked out of those bosses and it all becomes a completely unnecessary trial when they could've just added the goddamn mythics in the goddamn dungeon finder.

But hey. It's so fun to do social gaming! Whee, we here at Blizzard are having so much fun playing with our coworkers, so it must work for everyone around the world. Whee!
    For what it's worth, " social gaming " is not a new principle in MMO's, in fact the genre was built heavily on it. Them deciding to bring aspects of it back is a very old school idea that goes back to before WoW even existed. People for years have complained that WoW is too anti-social and doesn't require you to depend on other players enough because it was too easy to just level an alt and do it all yourself. Mains didn't mean anything really because it was all to easy.

For me the problem isn't that they are trying to make people socialize, it's just that what they did design is not very good. I think they almost had it right, they just needed to make the base items very easy to get, the 2 and 3 star ones are what should have been more difficult. For some recipes this is this case, but for a lot it isn't.

1) takes 800 skill
    2) cost insane mats
    3) Eng is one of the hardest to level in legion
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Deleted
    Pay me real money and i'll get right on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The whole legendary "profession team" they assembled for legion...
    Yeah I find it weird that they decided to kill off most professions once raids were released. They pretty much served the exact same role that dungeons did in WOD. Something you do before raiding and then it's useless for the rest of the expansion. I mean who's gonna get any use out of BS, LW and tailoring moving forward?

The only professions that matter are herbalism, alchemy and enchanting. Jewelcrafting + mining has som validity to it but when gems are costing below 1000g and getting a socket isn't all that common it's not something you should roll in most cases.

P.S. Does Inscription still exist?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, ok, that ilvl difference definitely sounds stupid, I apologize. I focused too much on the notion of Mythic dungeons gating people out of something, which is kind of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    snip
    While I understand where you're coming from (I'm also in RL friends' guild, we didn't even manage to gather a proper 10-man guild for EN N and thus I'm forced to using Group Finder), WoW is still, after all, a social game.

The fact that the recipe like this drops in Mythic is, well, unfortunate, as I admitted earlier, but I mostly agree with all the new 'hoops' players need to jump through. I'm also tanking Mythics (Guardian Druid), both regular and +, and while I meet asshats I also meet great people along the way, 4 of them or so made it to the RealID friends list and with 2 of them I ran Mythics again and I probably will in the future. You could say "I could do that with LFD" - yes, I could, but for some reason I didn't.

Somehow this teeny-tiny bit of difference between LFD and Premade Groups Finder makes people socialize with each other more. After all PGF seems like an interactive version of "LFD BRD ranged PST", which was a layer of interaction many people missed after the introduction of LFD.