Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    earlier in vanilla and tbc i had a rogue alt only to grief and gank people, but these days there are a lot more productive things u can do than that. most ppl dont know, but blizzard used to have a penalty for killing someone TOO low level, which means for them its acceptable at a certain range. in vanilla we were camping STV and i remember during a fight some god damn level 10 came out of nowhere and we almost got a "Dishonorable kill". at the time if u got 5-6 dishonorable kills that took days of killing to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    we were camping STV and i remember during a fight some god damn level 10 came out of nowhere and we almost got a "Dishonorable kill". at the time if u got 5-6 dishonorable kills that took days of killing to compensate.
    Sounds like a good system to keep assholes in check.

Deleted
    Btw in the last picture he actually threatened you, it's a banable offense and will net him a temp suspension atleast

Yeah, killing players WAY lower than you, as well as npcs labelled "civilians", which was most vendors, would give you a dishonorable kill DHK, a few of which could basically erase your honor gains for the day.

Deleted
    Problem in my case is not someone complaining because i killed him while questing, mainly because i never do that, problem is someone being pissed at me because i killed him in a world PVP quest, and when i asked him why was he mad at me, he put me in ignore.
    And to make it more difficult to understand in a PVP server.

Deleted
    On our server at least we used to have unwritten codes of honor people respected. Once the servers got thrown together and the flood of new nobodies rushed in everything went haywire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/KrFsjna.jpgIf people didn't want to be ganked while leveling/WQ, why not play on a PvE server?
    Hint: a lot of people who only care about PVE are forced to play in a PVP server if they want to raid or 5-man in their own language, because they are the only populated servers of said language.
    This happens in US servers and EU servers.
    I myself like PVP a lot, instanced PVP and this PVP for all world quests are also quite interesting.
    A ganker though is something i despise, but yeah legally speaking nothing to do about it, it is just another hardship a PVEr has to bare with if he plays in a PVP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    No need. It was just to emphasize how its sociopathic behaviour. And as far as this discussion goes i think its good you confirm the kind of people that take part in and/or approve this activity.
    You must be one of those victims that cries for a week everytime someone ganks them in a video game.

Deleted
    Because ganking is often just some mindless rogue going full retard on a poor low level guy or someone with no gear. It might be fun to you but there are some people who believe that world pvp should actually be something with balls: invading a capital city, doing some 10 vs 10 (or 20) fights with competing guilds. That is true interesting world pvp. You spamming stuns and blowing off your CDs on someone who is busy killing wolves is nothing interesting.

I want pvp servers with masive pvp, currently "world pvp" is what you do: a rogue most of the time that just ganks someone and has a good laugh because it makes him look like the "boss" in the open area. Yeah thats cool, but its still the least interesting form of world pvp.

Something quite revealing is the ratio between the class and the type of activity they enjoy :you are a rogue, why did you pick this class? Because its the most overpowered class in world pvp (aside some tanks). You just enjoy harassing others thats why you chose that class don't try to argue otherwise. Rogues are the most represented class in open pvp, thats because if you want to harass people and run away, that class is perfect for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Im in pvp server with 90 to 10 horde to alliance ratio and I can tell you horde ganking is extremely rare. Most of the time we play side by side and even /sorry if we accidentally nuke someone.
    Because the truth is that most people do not like disturbing another players just for the sake of it, gankers are only a minority.

I don't comprehend why people who hate non-consensual PvP play on PvP servers. That is literally their only purpose. I don't like being ganked, so I play on a PvE server. We're able to do BGs and Arenas and PvP zones on PvE servers too. The only difference is we can't be ganked while PvEing.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The main issue is feeling of helplessness. If you are leveling and someone much higher level attacked you, there is nothing you can do and you are dead.

There is literally nothing a person can do to stay alive/fight back/run away from someone who is a higher level by a large margin.

I don't like to be ganked while I'm leveling so I don't do it to other people. I'm not an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha View Post
    I don't comprehend why people who hate non-consensual PvP play on PvP servers. That is literally their only purpose. I don't like being ganked, so I play on a PvE server. We're able to do BGs and Arenas and PvP zones on PvE servers too. The only difference is we can't be ganked while PvEing.
    Not everyone can do PVE in a PVE server in their language, that is why, most times for those people, they have no choice but to play on a PVP server.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha View Post
    I'm on a PvP server because my friends were on it back in wrath. I have so many characters and friends on the server that it isn't feasible for me to change. I don't enjoy getting killed by character who is 40+ levels higher than me.

What happened to this game? In vanilla I don't remember ANYONE who would let the opposing faction just pass by them. Upstanding citizen would sometimes give lowbies a break, but anything within 5-7 levels is fair game.

Did we become so obsessed with efficiency that we can't spare a couple of minutes at what once was arguably the most fun part of the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't like to be ganked while I'm leveling so I don't do it to other people. I'm not an asshole.
    This so much, and also it is not funny because zero challenge in doing it, and you get nothing from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    What happened to this game? In vanilla I don't remember ANYONE who would let the opposing faction just pass by them. Upstanding citizen would sometimes give lowbies a break, but anything within 5-7 levels is fair game.

Did we become so obsessed with efficiency that we can't spare a couple of minutes at what once was arguably the most fun part of the game?
    For some of us this mentality of the opposing faction never worked because we had chars on both sides since the beggining, and also this opposing faction thing does not make sense anymore, when exp after exp they keep joining to fight a common enemy.
    This opposing faction thing works better in SWTOR, but there you have good ones and evil ones, there is no such dividing line in WOW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because World PvP requires as much skill as killing critters. Because ganking is being an ashole to someone. Sure, you can do it. But don't expect people to think good of you. 99% won't.

Also, World PvP is an outdated concept from before BGs. It's pointless since then. Looking at how most people quest side by side and in general try to avoid attacking each other I would assume most people are not interested in it and just a small group of "pro players" think it's somehow rewarding to kill someone who can't/don't want to fight back.

So you are free to gank all you want. But people will think you are a douche that isn't able to defeat people in proper PvP and just wants to pick on people on annoy them.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2016-10-11 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    This so much, and also it is not funny because zero challenge in doing it, and you get nothing from it.

- - - Updated - - -

For some of us this mentality of the opposing faction never worked because we had chars on both sides since the beggining, and also this opposing faction thing does not make sense anymore, when exp after exp they keep joining to fight a common enemy.
    Well, no. At the start, you literally couldn't have both factions on one server, if fact, I don't think I know / knew anyone who played on multiple servers, let alone both factions before wrath. Faction identity was a real thing.

I'll give you the argument of joining sides, that was a real mistake by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Because the truth is that most people do not like disturbing another players just for the sake of it, gankers are only a minority.
    Yeah. As much as I do enjoy world pvp, I only really engage someone if they inconvenience me in some way.