Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what does it matter if someone gets a good reward? how does it affect you?
    Seems like the answer is they want to lord their mythic gear over those that don't raid. If you can get decent gear or even legendaries from solo and small group content, well what is the point of going afk in front of the auction house and pretending everyone is staring at them with envy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Seems like the answer is they want to lord their mythic gear over those that don't raid. If you can get decent gear or even legendaries from solo and small group content, well what is the point of going afk in front of the auction house and pretending everyone is staring at them with envy?
    so basically its an ego thing. It was like that back in vanilla staring at the people in t2 / 3 gear. but nowadays, not so much. times change ppl need to get over it.
    Hi

Deleted
    I don't find it problematic at all. Regardless of WF or TF the gear from easy content is useless to me. The best way for me to gear is in heroic/mythic raid and m10+. SUre I could get lucky and get some good items in lower difficulty content but the chances are not high enough to discourage me from the hardest content. All is well.

The % of WF/TF is the same as a MMO C cry baby can understand that he is not a special snowflakes that require all the epix for him, very low.

I dont see around a lot of casual people with 880 gear TF/WF from world quest, i see a lot of hardcore raider with 870++

because they, lol this is incredible, raid. stupid fagflakes.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-11 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Since loot is the only reason to motivate people to run outdated content (because the social aspects are ruined and the community is quite toxic, so there is no way back, just look at the elitist jerk above my post), this RNG lottery is the reason to get people into "outdated" content.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ax View Post
    No, I mean raid quality. WQ/dungeon loot ilvl can go beyond LFR ilvl and it happens WAY too frequently.
    If you are doing low difficulty content, you deserve low difficulty rewards. plain and simple.
    I am using gear that came from WQs in a mythic raid environment which is absolutely ridiculous. Which also means that I am passing some heroic raid farm items because a WQ item is better. Its just stupid.
    It's not really "low difficulty" that matters, but "can be done without submitting your life planning to the game", and "can be done in chunks of less than 2 hours".
    The only real merit of Mythic guys is that they're ok to be online at this hour everyday, and to stay online for 4+ hours. Mythic content is piss easy nowadays, back in vanilla/BC to guilds didn't kill all the bosses in a few hours.
    Remmeber some "casuals" actually spend a huge number of hours ingame, they just can't do it in one huge chunk every day but play 30 mn there, 45 here, go soemthibng else IRL, come back, etc. These people likely play as much as you.
    The day a raid boss will keep people in check for weeks like it did in vanilla/Bc, then we'll talk about difficulty. Until then, it's just reeks of entitled people wanting rewards for their playstyle only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    it gives people who min/max to the extreme another thing to bitch about while it gives the other 99% of the people who play a nice little bonus we wouldn't have gotten before
    This x 10,000.

It's fun, it's random. Got an 870 titanforged cloak on my alt doing a WQ for the nth time. I hope they keep this system for future expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    It's not really "low difficulty" that matters, but "can be done without submitting your life planning to the game", and "can be done in chunks of less than 2 hours".
    The only real merit of Mythic guys is that they're ok to be online at this hour everyday, and to stay online for 4+ hours. Mythic content is piss easy nowadays, back in vanilla/BC to guilds didn't kill all the bosses in a few hours.
    Remmeber some "casuals" actually spend a huge number of hours ingame, they just can't do it in one huge chunk every day but play 30 mn there, 45 here, go soemthibng else IRL, come back, etc. These people likely play as much as you.
    The day a raid boss will keep people in check for weeks like it did in vanilla/Bc, then we'll talk about difficulty. Until then, it's just reeks of entitled people wanting rewards for their playstyle only.
    I would say an even bigger issue than not being able to play in 4 hour blocks of time is that to play at the 'highest difficulty' requires you to be very committed to the people you play with on a consistent basis for months at a time if not longer. The upside is that you have better relationships with people in the game, the downside is that you are committing a portion of your time to a game like its a part time job, which for many people undermines the point of playing a game for entertainment.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    It allows them to justify staying on the same content for a longer duration. Cleared all the bosses and got all the drops? Well, did they all proc? No? OK you're not done yet, content still viable!
    Worst kind of content.
    Technically still content.

Deleted
    http://www.nirandfar.com/2012/03/wan...hem-crazy.html

This.

At the heart of the Hook Model is a powerful cognitive quirk described by B.F. Skinner in the 1950s, called a variable schedule of rewards. Skinner observed that lab mice responded most voraciously to random rewards. The mice would press a lever and sometimes they’d get a small treat, other times a large treat, and other times nothing at all. Unlike the mice that received the same treat every time, the mice that received variable rewards seemed to press the lever compulsively.

Deleted
    Got a 850 Titanforged cloak from a WQ yesterday that took me 5 secs to do. I felt pleased...

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Blame Throne of Thunder, no idea why it was added then, but it was annoying in that raid it was introduced in, let alone now.
    It was originally added to try to save 25-man raiding, which took a major hit in T14 (aka MSV, HoF, & ToES) because 25s were usually significantly harder than 10s while awarding the same item level of gear. So they added thunderforging, a chance to get +6 to the piece that dropped. It could happen it in 10-man, and did, but happened much more frequently in 25-man. As for after that, I don't know.

Deleted
    Not sure why people think it's such a great system for gearing alts. It was perfectly fine to gear alts with badge/emblem/jp/vp gear. From Isle of Quel'Danas vendor all the way through cata the gear was really good (tier pieces, trinkets etc) and having a clear goal, aka grinding the currency and then buying the gear actually felt more rewarding than this lottery system. Not to mention that you also did content you didn't need upgrades from back then for the currency.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    lmao this post. vanilla/bc bosses had 1-2 mechanics. The hardest part of those raids were coordinating with shit comms and connections. More recent raids are more "complicated" than ever, I'm not sure how thats even debatable.

Also the vast majority of mythic guilds are 2-3 days/week. They aren't committing 4+ hours every day like you say. Just sounds like you are making excuses for being a shitty player.

I'm really happy it exists because it keeps the content relevant. It feels like the only people who are complaining about it are the people who haven't been lucky, so they don't want others to have luck either. Without that system, dungeons would stop being relevant in a week, loads of people would keep rerolling alts or stop playing. Believe it or not but there are people who don't want to get into serious raiding, and I feel like Mythic and Mythic+ has been a great addition to keep 5-man content useful and I know a few people (myself included) who are happy just doing that every week and getting upgrades from warforged/titanforged and such.

People can complain about never truly getting full BiS as long as warforged/titanforged and socket/tertiary stats exist, but you have a reason for continuing playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    its called "carrot on a stick"
    it keeps you playing if there is a change for a nice upgrade.
    That is such a nasty way of looking at it.

Many of us continued to play before titanforge/warfroged and raid regardless of receiving upgrades. Titan/war allows for the occasional upgrade beyond simply mythic level gear. It isn't so much a carrot on a stick, as it is a thank you for continuing to play it allows you to maintain that excitement as you continue to progress and not only clear mythic content, but gain achievements as well.

You guys so quickly forget how things used to be. I raided ICC for months attempting to complete the achievements necessary for the Frostbood mount(s). Long after I had BiS gear. It would have been truly wonderful to occasionally receive an unexpected upgrade beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ax View Post
    lmao this post. vanilla/bc bosses had 1-2 mechanics. The hardest part of those raids were coordinating with shit comms and connections. More recent raids are more "complicated" than ever, I'm not sure how thats even debatable.

Also the vast majority of mythic guilds are 2-3 days/week. They aren't committing 4+ hours every day like you say. Just sounds like you are making excuses for being a shitty player.
    I was killing bosses and making first kills while you were still in your diapers, so I have nothing to prove, and specially not to you. Resorting to ad hominem shows you know perfectly well I'm right.

Deleted
    Carrot on a stick. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Carrot on a stick. Nothing more.
    That's pretty much all it is in essence, anyone claiming otherwise is sadly just as intelligent as the poor donkeys who chase the carrots indefinitely.

"Let's just keep grinding the same content over and over, thus staying subbed, in the hope of getting the same trinket I already have with 10 added ilvls"

So I can get items like this http://imgur.com/a/cPCki in Maw of Souls + 2 with three treasure chests xD