Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Fury requires 2 reps to be exalted.
    You need Valarjar to get Skull of Nithogg to drop from the world boss and for Skovald to drop the Haft of the God-king (which may or may not even be 100% but still requires rep before it drops at all), and you need Dreamweavers Exalted for Skull of Shar'thos to drop from the world boss.
    Ah, so it's even worse than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Because legion ruined the hunter class by removing 90% of utility/CC abilities, so blizzard made something simple.
    Something that requires no abilities or situational spells, since all of those have been removed.

Mained hunter for 10 years. I loved all the tools/abilities/niche spells.
    After legion i do not even want to log into that character. Gutted class with 80% empty action bars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Blood Dk, prot Pala and Windwalker monks are spec affected by this laziness.
    Laziness would be not implementing any skins at all... and you wonder why most posters here are perceived as spoilt little princesses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thunderfury is probably the worst.

You have to be AK5 / AK6, and farm Neltharion's Lair and Vault of the Wardens. You need TWO drops to get the quest, and it's droprate is low.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Holy: rare drop from demons in Azsuna .
    Azsuna (Faronaar) is just a popular farming place. It is a Broken Isles "world" drop from demons. I got mine while tanking Arcway.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is million times better than what Warriors got.

As Prot you have to reach Artifact knowledge lvl 5 and then camp a certain spot for a rare spawn to appear. The thing is, you cant just wait there or log out and casually log in cause that place is overrun by many mobs who partol that place and respawn frequently. I tried it for several hours, no spawn yet.

Buying or farming rep are better ways than only hoping for luck in my opinion cause you can work towards it.

Also as Arms the Skin isn't even in the game yet, as far as I know.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2016-10-11 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Ever seen Elem shammy? Just spam Underbelly rares.
    That's still more effort and risk than buying something from a vendor.

Probably because, historically, hunters have attracted a "certain" kind of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

You have to be AK5 / AK6, and farm Neltharion's Lair and Vault of the Wardens. You need TWO drops to get the quest, and it's droprate is low.
    Oh damn, that reminds me of this old questline way back in Vanilla, where you had to farm 2 drops with low droprates, and then add in additional semi expensive materials. I think it rewarded some legendary sword.. Was called.. Hmm.. Oh yeah, thunderfury.

Damn, the way you get the current one is spot on compared to how you used to obtain the original one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Why no Disc listed?

We get to gather lots of books once we reach AK 5. Lots of running around the world, collecting things, going into old dungeons and killing rare mobs. Nothing too fancy, but at least nothing bland.

Because I was listing boring ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Holy Paladins hit AK 5, then go kill demons in Faronaar til it drops. I spent a grand total of 15min in Faronaar as soon as I hit AK 5.
    Just about the same for me and I didn't even go for the skin. I'm not even Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    As others have said, the bow/gun fantasy is very strongly tied into this. It's a bit of a sharper difference than, say, 2H axe vs 2H sword, and it'd suck for a lot of players if they couldn't make their gun look like a bow or vice versa.
    That is solved with transmog though. You can transmog guns to bows and crossbows... Besides, it's not like the bow for BM fits with most peoples fantasies (it's mechanical...), so most people transmog that one too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Ever seen Elem shammy? Just spam Underbelly rares.
    WTF blizz?

Mage one dropped from Stellaris Libertine, or maybe another Nightborne. One can never tell for sure with the aoe looting system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Because legion ruined the hunter class by removing 90% of utility/CC abilities, so blizzard made something simple.
    Something that requires no abilities or situational spells, since all of those have been removed.

Mained hunter for 10 years. I loved all the tools/abilities/niche spells.
    After legion i do not even want to log into that character. Gutted class with 80% empty action bars.
    Yet they're still overpowered in 80% of all content.

There's no denying that Hunters got dicked on theirs but the brutal truth is that almost none of them are that great. The Ashbringer is one of few that are actually well thought out.

Deleted
    Because you are too stupid for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

That's honestly one of the very best ones, sadly. It instantly beats out all 'grind x mobs' ones (the majority of them), just on theme and legacy alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Straight to the point. For those who don't know, here's how you get hunters' hidden artifact skins:
    -Survival: kill Ursoc (even LFR) and hope it drops
    -MM: be revered with Farondis
    -BM: buy it in Dalaran for 8000 gold

Other classes get awesome hidden questlines, like paladins and mages, or scenarios and whatnot.
    Hunters don't get anything. The worst offender I think is getting an alternate Thas'Dorah's skin for a revered reputation, not even exalted, and it gets clearly displayed in the quartermaster's good... so long for being hidden.

Do other classes aswell have it this bad? If not, why are hunters' skins so boring?
    Demon Hunter:

Vengeance: Reach AR level 5, get a Order Hall trait and kill the boss it lets you spawn, hope for drop.

Havoc: Ger AR level 5, glide to Questboss, kill Questboss, loot.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible they simply ran out of time to implement more intricate quests for some of the classes.

There really aren't that many specs that have to go out of their way in order to get it. But hunters definitely got the easiest ones overall. Got the BM one without even knowing about it because I was buying stuff from that vendor for my engineering.

Well as demon hunter i got both of mine.

Tank: Rng from a boss inside order hall you can do once a day.
    DPS: Get artifact level 5, fly down from highmountian and kill downfall, guaranteed drop.

No special quests, no story. Simply mindless. Would have been a great opportunity to let us unlock a hidden skin through a huge quest chain involving black temple and illidans warglaives. While I feel a bit slighted there, I can hardly complain as I look badass with my skins.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I'm pretty irritated my enh skin drops off a world boss
    Nothing as bad as this. World bosses with a low drop chance, once every few weeks maybe.