Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm fairly certain you're pure garbage simply by this response. Book judged by its cover
    oh my god, wait I'm gonna go cry in a corner and get back to you when I'm able to form a cohesive reply...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    You know PVE is a joke when a "top mage" clicks lol
    oh cool the old click vs keybind argument rearing its head again. cool. cant we just accept people play differently and what works for 1 person may not work the best for another?
    Hi

I personaly enjoy watching Cjzzlol@twitch.
    Do not watch youtube a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Shameless self plug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVr2HWcBFuA (M Ursoc kill)

391k on M Ursoc first kill. No dps legendary, "only" 865 ilvl. I talk a little bit about what I'm doing throughout our kills. Looking to improve on that.
    Funny thing; you use the second RoP as I do: Save it for PF and FB charges, then treat it like a mini-combustion by casting instants and pyro.

Lexi (not that she's our main example or anything), on the other hand, just fills the second RoP up with fireball casts. Odd right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Lexi/Vykina, from Method."
    You mean the guy who hates Cinderstorm and swears that Haste is the king secondary stat despite what everyone else thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You mean the guy who hates Cinderstorm and swears that Haste is the king secondary stat despite what everyone else thinks?
    He clearly states that crit is the best secondary stat by far in his fire mage guide. He also points out that you should pick cinderstorm in cleave/aoe fights.
    http://www.method.gg/board/showthrea...ire-Mage-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn25 View Post
    Preach is maining a mage this xpack as well. I enjoy his videos personally
    Preach videos would be really nice to watch - if he hasnt this dialect -.- I am no native speaker so i cannot classify it, but its so brutal... Especially when he speaks an "u" like "oo" as he often does it with "Comboostion". Every time i hear it, something dies inside of me...

I really don't have a dog in this fight I was just answering the OP, I never said lexi was the be all end all ... but in any case, I don't know where you're getting your info but he reccomends CiS for cleave/aoe. He definitely thinks crit is the best secondary, and haste sims much higer than mastery for single target. So technically it is higer than everything except crit. http://www.method.gg/board/showthrea...ire-Mage-Guide
    You mean the guy who hates Cinderstorm
    Recommended Cleave/AoE Build:
    Conflagration
    Cauterize
    Rune of Power
    Flame On
    Ice Floes
    Living Bomb
    Cinderstorm
    and swears that Haste is the king secondary stat despite what everyone else thinks?
    Single Target:
    Crit > Intellect > Haste > Versatility > Mastery

AoE/Cleave:
    Crit > Mastery > Intellect > Haste > Versatility
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Funny thing; you use the second RoP as I do: Save it for PF and FB charges, then treat it like a mini-combustion by casting instants and pyro.

Lexi (not that she's our main example or anything), on the other hand, just fills the second RoP up with fireball casts. Odd right?
    Well that's because hes using cinderstorm, if you use cinderstorm you can do that with flame on.

If you use Kindling, you can't do that because if you use flame on twice before Combust, flame on wont be up for your second combust.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-10-11 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Personally I wouldn't watch Rikh as a shining example on how to play Mage, for a start he mouse clicks some of his abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    1. gets carried by gear
    2. clicks
    3. swaps legendary gear by equipping it manually every time, instead of making 2 equip manager sets and binding them
    4. specifically asks their groups to go out of their way to connect as many targets for him so he can inflate his dps and then act like he is actually good

the list goes on and on and on.
    never understood how could anyone put that dude above actual mage gods, which he is not in case you missed it :>
    Welp never been called a clicker before and you actually beeing serious, thats a new one.

Realise I shouldn't pay any attention to haters and trolls but I like doing it so here I am. Firstly I do not click any of my abilities cept for 1 instance where I put a new combustion on my bars next to my combustion macro(combustion/berserking/ring/neck etc) for Mythic Xavius because I didnt wanna use my 3m cds on pull since I'd have the dmg buff within 1~ min. Too lazy to put it on a bind for something I'd use once(will probably do it eventually).

And about the legendary items, I do have 2 bindings for 2 different equip sets, I've had it since I started swapping them around in m+. I also have 2 differfent trinkets on those sets, 1 being for aoe trash, the other being sinew for bosses. There's instances where my BL cd isnt up so I still want the bracers for the boss, if I press the binding for bracers it'll put the aoe trinket in the slot again and put my sinew on CD. But since i'll be able to equip both of them in about 3 days I haven't really done any specific gear sets more than those 2.

You can see the 2 different bindings in this video - Shift-C and Shift-X

Now for your 4th remark, I don't think I've actually done this other than rushing high m+ to make timers for 3 chests. I realise the whole sentence is literally dumb because you want to do big pulls in m+ if you can handle it. Any fire mage will look good on big aoe packs with CDs no matter what.

I understand I've gained a shit ton of haters in legion but I'd appreciate it if you didn't spread misinformation about me. Do I get carried by gear? Sure I do. Would I have been fine without both of these 2 legendaries? Ofcourse. I've been doing hella fine at the start of every single tier since WoD(where I started playing mage for PvE) so I don't see that changing in Legion. My legendary RNG has been retarded for raiding and I've said countless of times that I agree on that. Also said several times that I do not like the Legendary RNG system in this expansion, same goes for bis trinkets from world bosses and random world quests that only pop every month or w/e.

Feel free to come to my stream and tell me straight up how you feel. I read and answer every question/remark be it from a hater or a genuine player needing help. It's the main purpose of my stream, to help other people.
    Last edited by mmocd33b83f790; 2016-10-11 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn25 View Post
    Preach is maining a mage this xpack as well. I enjoy his videos personally
    came here to say this. I think hes doing a lot of mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by fragga View Post
    Personally I wouldn't watch Rikh as a shining example on how to play Mage, for a start he mouse clicks some of his abilities.
    In my experience, everybody has certain abilities that they click. It's only a problem if it's something you're going to cast more often than once or twice a minute.

As a warlock and prot paladin, I mainly only had my rotational abilities (and trinkets) bound -- most of my other abilities were clicked.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Feel free to come to my stream and tell me straight up how you feel. I read and answer every question/remark be it from a hater or a genuine player needing help. It's the main purpose of my stream, to help other people.
    You deal with the haters well, Rikh, and I appreciate your contribution to the mage community. I don't know if i'll ever forgive you for that ridiculous legendary luck though... LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I really don't have a dog in this fight I was just answering the OP, I never said lexi was the be all end all ... but in any case, I don't know where you're getting your info but he reccomends CiS for cleave/aoe. He definitely thinks crit is the best secondary, and haste sims much higer than mastery for single target. So technically it is higer than everything except crit. http://www.method.gg/board/showthrea...ire-Mage-Guide

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's because hes using cinderstorm, if you use cinderstorm you can do that with flame on.

If you use Kindling, you can't do that because if you use flame on twice before Combust, flame on wont be up for your second combust.
    I do that and I use kindling. I just don't use flame on in the process.

im sure youre doing it right and not the mage that gets #1 parses on pretty much everything in every expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    im sure youre doing it right and not the mage that gets #1 parses on pretty much everything in every expansion
    Except, he doesn't. Pull that poster from your wall mate, Bieber's jealous.

Except, he doesn't. Pull that poster from your wall mate, Bieber's jealous.
    oh please. if you were ever around in other expansions or ever bothered to look at logs and rankings youd see he was nearly always on top with a few select other mages. its just a fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    oh please. if you were ever around in other expansions or ever bothered to look at logs and rankings youd see he was nearly always on top with a few select other mages. its just a fact.
    Funny how your claims change when someone shoves your nose into your own bullshit; "#1 parses on pretty much everything" turned into "nearly always on top with a few select other mages.".

How about you have a look at the actuall top parses, see if you find him at #1, or even near it, mkay?

Now, let's continue the actual conversation without white-knighting your personal heroes.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-10-12 at 09:33 PM.

You gotta be pretty dumb to call RIkh bad.
    He is very good.

Preach over Rikh any day. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Preach videos would be really nice to watch - if he hasnt this dialect -.- I am no native speaker so i cannot classify it, but its so brutal... Especially when he speaks an "u" like "oo" as he often does it with "Comboostion". Every time i hear it, something dies inside of me...
    If you're curious he's from Manchester, that's the accent.