Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    when it turns out Xe'ra is nothing more but an illidan fangirl sent by Elune. i will then laugh at all the haters.
    I don't hate her character if she is normal naaru I think she would become a "poor" character in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    I wouldn't say it that bluntly. We killed demons who were taking over Karabor Temple, we killed the Nagas who were literally draining outlands, we killed Gruul (who was on Illidan paycheck) that attacked Rexxar and his tribes, to the point of "kidnapping" his companions. Not to forget the Fel Orcs, who also attacked both Alliance and Horde forces throughout the whole expansion.

And throughout this whole thing, we had literally the blessing of at the leader of the Naaru's. I mean, you're literally granted the titles "Champion of Naaru" and when you attune for BT, you gain "Hand of A'dal".
    This, this statement is either the example of terrible retconning or the damn smoking gun that proves Xe'ra is not what it seems.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    This, this statement is either the example of terrible retconning or the damn smoking gun that proves Xe'ra is not what it seems.
    Or maybe not all Naaru see eye to eye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    I personally think it seems strange to me Xe'ra is approving of methods that Naaru normally find repugnant or look down upon it. Hence why I think Xe'ra might be darkened/serving the void or a legion plant in some form

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I think the most likely scenario is that Xe'ra has no hidden motives and that we're just getting a poorly written story arc.
    I fear it's this again really. Blizzard writing is simply inconsistent; hand waving explanation could be that Xe'ra is simply different from the other Naaru we have previously encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    What's more likely in a Blizzard game? Certainly not nuance.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reflux View Post
    Does anyone else find it Xe'ra to be extremely suspicious:

- appears from thin air in the midst of the fel storm "undetected" from the legion.

- when we go to the exodar the only one who can tell us something about it gets conveniently eliminated by the legion of course.

- tries to fill in a ridiculously retarded redemption story for a person that from the players perspective shouldnt exactly be praiseworthy (and i like(d) illidan)

- condemns us of being evil for "killing" her fuckboi even though we did a lot more good than bad and wants to put us on a "path of redemption"

In my opinion (and hopeful thinking) she could be set up for a decent twist and fit being a villain and in a way that will be the only chance to somewhat redeem the otherwise bad writing. Considering blizzards recent track record tho this probably isnt the case.
    I don't know if it is a redemption story. A lot of people liked Illidan even though he was selfish/evil. Its kind of Darth Vader type character. Ya he does some really bad shit... but he's fucking cool alright!

I compare him more to an Adrian Veidt character (Watchmen). Yes, you cannot deny that saving the world at the cost of life is saving the world.

But killing MILLIONS to save BILLIONS is still at its core evil. A necessary evil, justifiable perhaps... but still... EVIL!

Also, there has to be some reason that we are now working side by side with the Illidari. A faction trained by a big bad boss we killed years ago... now we just fight them hand in hand... nah. We need some sort of story that can justify adding them to our ranks. Just because Maiev breaks them out in a moment of need doesn't make them fit for society. We have to believe that their ultimate goals align with our own.

Come on when presented with the choice:
    Team Illidan
    VS
    Team Malfurion

Who in their right mind chooses Malfurion... the man needs to be punched in the face.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-10 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It's funny how this arc of Illidan wouldn't have even been that bad if it wasn't for Xe'ra's ramblings (both in novel and game).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

They really should have just stopped after the "from illidan's viewpoint" of the DH starting story. That was more than enough of an "Oh, shit.. our bad" without this hamfisted retconning bullshit from the wind chime.

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    Because they have no eyes?

Sorry couldn't resist.

But to be honest, we're talking about a race of beings that expound lines (or basically support them thru their actions) such as; "We are all one, in the light." And this isn't about personal preference here either, we're talking about flat-out "chosen" one destiny rhetoric here, Illidan is the Child of light meant to save the world right? You don't think Adal wouldn't have known this? Is it then perhaps a "come out the other side of the flames changed" kind of ordeal? Xe'ra's argument is then unjustified, We were the one that needed saving? We've been thru so many ordeals where we have committed heroic deeds, cleansed our negative emotions, combated darkness and pure evil and come out at the end the better person since TBC. Not to mention Xe'ra takes ZERO OF THESE THINGS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN WE GET TO THIS PART OF THE CHAIN. I get that it just woke up, but literally read our "hearts" (or whatever the hell that is suppose to mean) and just zoned in on that one moment and disregards everything else?

I call Bullshit, that thing isn't a Narru, it's a voidlord. Even my demon servitor in my order hall calls it the greatest evil in the universe. I figured that was from its perspective, being a demon and all. Now? Yea that thing is pure evil!
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

It is not evil. It's a Blizzard game, there can't be such a twist.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's funny how this arc of Illidan wouldn't have even been that bad if it wasn't for Xe'ra's ramblings (both in novel and game).
    The statement with the most truth to it in this entire thread.

I will be upfront, I've never liked Illidan but my personal biases aside, I always knew it would be -how- blizzard implemented this arc, rather than the arc its self that would be truly terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    Xe'Ra is Tyrande reincarnated because Tyrande will die at somepoint causing Illidan to go super saiyan and kill Benghazi

Infracted
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-10-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Deleted
    Honestly I think you are right.

Deleted
    honestly, having Illidan kill her by the end of this expansion is the only way they can save this

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Did not say she was a void lord does not keep her from being aligned to them in some form like the old gods. Xal has a forboding line that old gods consider Naaru to be brethren who have lost their way or some such when hanging around lights heart.
    The title of the thread is literally, "Xe'ra is a void lord".

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    The statement with the most truth to it in this entire thread.

I will be upfront, I've never liked Illidan but my personal biases aside, I always knew it would be -how- blizzard implemented this arc, rather than the arc its self that would be truly terrible.
    I think it would work out just fine as long as Xe'ra isn't what she claims to be. Or just plain nuts.

If Xe'ra turned out to be compromised in any way, this arc could easily turn from one of the worst to one of the best in WoW.

Don't think it's going to happen though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    I don't hate her character if she is normal naaru I think she would become a "poor" character in my opinion.
    Xe´ra isn´t a normal naaru in any sense of the word. It is the last of the primary naaru, and basicly lights heart is all that is left of it atm.
    You might think back to Mu´ru who had his core left after being defeated as a void thingy - I´d say this could be the same case here. However due to being a prime there are bigger forces at stake so it is able to communicate with you until the task is done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    If Xe'ra turned out to be compromised in any way, this arc could easily turn from one of the worst to one of the best in WoW.

Don't think it's going to happen though
    Yup and that's what I fear.