Thread: Legendary Items

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legendary Items

They should really give us some control over which legendary we get. I finally got my first one today, but I got the worthless neck piece to drop. Which also has awful stats for my class. I don't understand the point in putting so much power in the hands of RNG. Gives other players a clear advantage in some cases if you look at some of the GOOD and USEFUL legendary effects. Why not let us trade in the very first legendary we get?? What harm could that possibly do. Everybody wants the best/most interesting one anyway.

I am so close to quitting this game. I liked the model where you could get gear in a semi-predictable manner. This random everything is just killing me. Ruins all the fun of trying to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by asapeazy View Post
    I am so close to quitting this game.
    What a threat.

Bye Felicia, sorry you feel so entitled that you should be allowed to have anything your heart desires whenever your heart desires it. Nothing requires that you have a legendary so either build a bridge and get over it or move on from the game.

You want predictable guaranteed legendaries? Really?
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    You want predictable guaranteed legendaries? Really?
    when the system is as broken as it is now, yes it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    But it is a legendary. Not a common, or uncommon, or even Epic. It is legendary. Legendary isn't supposed to be common or predictable.
    "Peace is a lie"

Oh noez whatever will we do without...whomever you are not playing the game. 36 posts and a veiled 'I quit' thread. nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do every possible WQ quest, clear every Mythic+ I can and seen no drop at all.
    Lel, and people cry about getting Legendary, but not the one they want :|
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Bye Felicia, sorry you feel so entitled that you should be allowed to have anything your heart desires whenever your heart desires it. Nothing requires that you have a legendary so either build a bridge and get over it or move on from the game.
    Getting a legendary is an astronomical advantage in a raid environment. Why bring person A when person B is the same spec and has the OP legendary, simply because they had a lucky drop? You should definitely need to work to get a legendary, the fact that it's just "oh hey you won the WoW lottery today" is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ? be happy that you're not an actual wardrobe collector (you would not talk about the stats if you were one)

Legendary isn't supposed to be common or predictable.
    Says who, though? A legendary item is whatever Blizzard decides it is at the moment. There's never been a definition that's set in stone.

Sulfuras was about getting a rare drop off Ragnaros and combining it with a crafted item. Thunderfury was actually a quest line that started once you got a rare item, then you had to get another rare drop off Molten Core bosses, then collect items in Blackwing Lair to get Enchanted Elementium Ingots. Then you had another quest to kill a spawned world boss. Thori'dal and the Warglaives just dropped from bosses. Val'anyr was a long collection of items followed by a quest to kill Yogg Saron. Shadowmourne was a quest chain. The cloak and ring was an expansion-long quest chain.

All of those have been predictable, considering how there were only one available at a time when they were relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What a threat.
    Yeah, Blizzard really does not care if someone quits their game at all.

Deleted
    We need more threads on legendaries.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should really give us some control over which legendary we get. I finally got my first one today, but I got the worthless neck piece to drop. Which also has awful stats for my class. I don't understand the point in putting so much power in the hands of RNG. Gives other players a clear advantage in some cases if you look at some of the GOOD and USEFUL legendary effects. Why not let us trade in the very first legendary we get?? What harm could that possibly do. Everybody wants the best/most interesting one anyway.

I am so close to quitting this game. I liked the model where you could get gear in a semi-predictable manner. This random everything is just killing me. Ruins all the fun of trying to gear up.
    Hey congrats!!! You finally got one...I haven't! Is the grass greener on the other side? At this point i don't know if ill ever find out! I'm almost convinced my char is bugged to specifically not get one. So grats on your legendary for finally at least getting one!

Don't be upset about your legendary, soon you will get a second and a third, maybe a fourth. Who said I am jealous? I am not jealous!
    Someday i will get one too, i know it, deep in my sad heart. Did i say that i am not jealous?

But it is a legendary. Not a common, or uncommon, or even Epic. It is legendary. Legendary isn't supposed to be common or predictable.
    But it isn't really a legendary, its at best an epic piece of gear. Maybe some sort of new tier of gear between epic and legendary - but no, it isn't legendary just because the name is orange.

The fact that you could actually say "I don't want to use this" because a piece of gear 20 item levels lower has better stat weights is sad.

Especially on jewelry which lacks primary stat. I'd use a 850-860 neck piece over the shitty 895 legendary neck any day of the week on my shadow priest.

I'm stuck in a nasty case of "Wow I haven't gotten a legendary yet" and the fear of "Wow what if I get a legendary and it isn't even worth using? that could 100% happen by the way. Thats one of the (many) flaws in the legendary system right now.

But it should be at least feel like a lucky day not a ''oh noes my pity timer was wasted on this crap'', at this point my main char has no legendary (only 11 days played @110 with all Emissary, all Mythics in the first weeks) and my Warrior and Monk both have a legendary each, Warrior got Speed Boots (yey more mobility for warriors) and the monk the Touch of Death gloves (bad stats and useless on most fights in EN normal/hc) I didn't feel that lucky when I got any of them.

I honestly don't think this kind of RNG fit with a game like WoW where while not being expected to have legendary you are still supposed to have one, this is quite different from the other expansion Lengendary items like Shadowmourne, Rogue daggers, etc., where you could work towards it and knew you were advancing each week and getting closer to get something actually awesome.

I kind of agree with the OP, you should be able to target the Legendary that benefit you most. For instance, as a DK why would I want the Boots, pvp Ring, Neck or even the Cape when I'm competing against a DK with both Shoulders and Wrists and another DK with the Wrists? Its simple, I don't because I know my spot is fixed since I'm the RL but keeping my char there like that is just nerfing the group. Because having a legendary just for stats is kind of pointless when you can get 895 epics with proper stats like one of our Mages got in our first Nythendra Mythic kill.

At this point I'm still hoping the game is still bugged and I can grab another Legendary (a good one this time) on my monk so I can reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I've been playing pretty intensively for a month now. I've gotten 0 legendaries so far. Some of my fellow guildies have gotten like 2, 3 or 4 in a span of few weeks (a dk friend of mine got 4 in 2 weeks). The best part? There's a 25% chance I'm gonna get a legendary that's so shitty that I literally cannot equip it.

I'm sorry, but I just have to vent somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    There's nothing broken about the system. Each level of normal, heroic, mythic dungeons have baseline ilvls, as do the 4 different raid types.

Same as it ever was.

That you're not able to land mythic titanforged ultramega on every piece of gear? Well.... low drop rates on various mounts would have probably made you quit years ago.

/not you personally, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Yeah, Blizzard really does not care if someone quits their game at all.
    If he wants to threaten Blizzard to quit the game then he should be posting this on Blizzard forums.

Btw we all know that he won't quit.