Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Simple. Because everything looks better in slow motion

- - - Updated - - -

Slow but unstoppable?

Just make slows not affect us

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Cold, unyielding, unstoppable and unavoidable. You can delay it, but never escape it. Death will ultimately claim you.

From a fantasy perspective I think the 'slow' death knight is more appropriate.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Plate armor is pretty heavy dude.
    Great argument - now use it for warriors who have charge and leap. And dont say me about strength - lorewise any DK stronger than any warrior (in terms of raw strength).

You are dead. Corpse can't run fast.
    We not rotting corpses. Actually if u think being dead its advantage to how u fast and speed - you dead and dont get tired/need breathing.

OT - We need get passive what gives us immunity to any snares (and roots probably).

- - - Updated - - -

the problem with "slow but deadly upclose" is that we are slow but not really deadly right now
    Exactly. We slow yea but far from deadly.

If our mobility is going to continue to be shit, then we should not be effected by roots or snares. Then we could be that slow but inevitable death coming for you. We should also have double the hitpoints of every other class as well since we're technically dead we shouldn't be killable....a lot of these counter arguments to dk's being slow are terrible.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-10-12 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Plate armor is pretty heavy dude.
    And yet, warriors have leap and charge...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Death Knight doesn't mean dead. Player DKs for example were converted while alive. You don't have to die to become a Death Knight.
    We're actually dead, and have been raised by the lk as one of the DK of acherus.

Deleted
    Because we are supposed to be slow-moving juggernauts that hits like a kitten when we get close

Because according to Blizzard Death Knights are supposed to be heavy armored warriors with bad mobility and doing massive damage when in range, also able to sustain a lot of hits. Sadly only the first statement is correct right now - DKs are slow, doing pretty much no damage and weak as hell. Blizzard did buffed frost a bit but its still worse than Unholy and Unholy is near the bottom. Blood also seems to be the weakest tank specc right now.

Fun fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    If our mobility is going to continue to be shit, then we should not be effected by roots or snares. Then we could be that slow but inevitable death coming for you. We should also have double the hitpoints of every other class as well since we're technically dead we shouldn't be killable....a lot of these counter arguments to dk's being slow are terrible.
    I don't think this is a bad idea. To add to it..... WHAT IF, there was a penalty for trying to root or snare a DK in the form of a speed buff for a short period of time applied to the DK? Thinking from a pvp standpoint this could be interesting. Not only are we immune but if they try it on us they are penalized. Could be something we have to spec into.

Just a thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I don't think this is a bad idea. To add to it..... WHAT IF, there was a penalty for trying to root or snare a DK in the form of a speed buff for a short period of time applied to the DK? Thinking from a pvp standpoint this could be interesting. Not only are we immune but if they try it on us they are penalized. Could be something we have to spec into.

Just a thought.
    Burden of knowledge is something most modern game designers will try to avoid unless it is a niche game

The problem with a penalty for trying to slow us is some specs have natura slows as their rotation. Frost mage is the prime example with frostbolt. I'm not sure about arcane with arcane last inflicting the slow spell like expansions prior as I haven't played my mage much at all this expansion. The next argument is we have death grip...which I believe 8/12 classes can counter it by getting out on a shorter cool down

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    And yet, warriors have leap and charge...
    Warriors receive martial training for the kind of armor that they wear - they train until they can barely feel the weight of the armor which is why they can leap around.

Wait... didn't I post this before?

Nah. Next thread!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Oh no, you rolled a sack of potatoes.

That's why we're KNIGHTS and not FOOTMEN.

Give us back combat mounts, it'd also fix the dps by having it attack.
    Did they remove the Nazgrim Deathcharger ability?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Did they remove the Nazgrim Deathcharger ability?
    Yes for any important content.

I have no problem with the class fantasy being "slow and inevitable". Think the LK fight in Halls of Reflection, thats exactly how we are supposed to feel. The Lich King doesnt run at his enemies, he walks at them with purpose and they know that if he gets to them, they are screwed.

That being said, ignoring for a second that they obviously haven't HIT the targeted class fantasy, I find frost's place kind of weird. Its now the single spammiest spec in the game and we even dropped 2hs for 1hs...Its pretty amusing to me imagining the Lich King slowly advancing on the enemy, cornering them in some desolate tundra, and then unleashing a blood curdling ululation while wildly swinging his weapon around in circles above his head like a maniac. Just absolutely going nuts, frost shooting everywhere, spittle flying out of his helmet, no control whatsoever.

"WAAAAAAAAAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAUUUUUUGH"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zairn View Post
    That being said, ignoring for a second that they obviously haven't HIT the targeted class fantasy, I find frost's place kind of weird. Its now the single spammiest spec in the game and we even dropped 2hs for 1hs...Its pretty amusing to me imagining the Lich King slowly advancing on the enemy, cornering them in some desolate tundra, and then unleashing a blood curdling ululation while wildly swinging his weapon around in circles above his head like a maniac. Just absolutely going nuts, frost shooting everywhere, spittle flying out of his helmet, no control whatsoever.
    For some reason, the idea of a rotting giantic old-god blood plated motherfucker cornering me in a thundra and doing this is both hilarious and very horrifying.

Well tbh i do feel like the unstoppable, unkillable slow hunter in open world pvp as a blood dk..i just keep on punching the enemy healing myself and pulling them back to me if i have to (having the blood honor talent of having 2 stack which should be mandatory in pvp imo). I just don't do very much dmg. And i would really love the idea of beeing unable to be slowed, tho i think snared is another thing..if i get entangled by roots then i can't walk that makes sense. But as an unstoppable force i should not get slowed by frost mages slow, or poisons (as we are dead..do poisons even work on us?) or any other thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Because we are supposed to be slow-moving juggernauts that hits like a kitten when we get close
    Kittens can kill people.
    More like sightly miffed bees.