Rogue vs Hunter for M+ with Veng DH and Resto druid partners?

Wife and another WoW friend will be rerolling Horde toons very soon. Trying to make the best comp possible for pushing high M+ levels.

Wife is going Resto and our wow friend will be going veng DH.

I'm left deciding between rogue or hunter. I want to play one or the other for the threat gen buff that they both provide, along with great dps/cc/utility.

The rogue makes sense from a gear perspective, since all 3 of us can share loot and hopefully gear faster.

However, melee kind of sucks once higher M+ levels start to get pushed, so Hunter being ranged will shine.

So looking for opinions here on which route may be best. Thanks!
    Last edited by Hashcrypt; 2016-10-13 at 05:59 PM.

If you are really trying to maximize your team you should probably be a mage because you don't have a lust. Also idk if your tank is trying to make the best comp possible, but if he is he should probably be bear.

I love me a rogue. Or maybe it's I hate hunters because of sidewinder. I haven't noticed the melee sucking in higher M+ yet (+11 is the highest I've done), but of all melee a rogue will likely still play best.

But I agree with nerf shaman. A mage and guardian druid would likely fit better to an ideal comp, but you've only listed 3 of the 5 members so mage may already be in there.

bm hunter will give lust

We'll be seeking out a mage as a M+ runner for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    bm hunter will give lust
    Mm is definitely the preferred spec if you are going to be doing m+

Quote Originally Posted by nerf shaman View Post
    If you are really trying to maximize your team you should probably be a mage because you don't have a lust. Also idk if your tank is trying to make the best comp possible, but if he is he should probably be bear.
    He already has a 110 alliance druid...he's wanting to try something new. Only an xfer away though if veng is a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    He already has a 110 alliance druid...he's wanting to try something new. Only an xfer away though if veng is a liability.

Whats the best range to have now? Fire/MM/Shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by nerf shaman View Post
    Mm is definitely the preferred spec if you are going to be doing m+
    It is? BM hunter smokes MM hunter for AOE dps, and only lags behind on ST boss fights. BM also has utility in a way of lust or brez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    It is? BM hunter smokes MM hunter for AOE dps, and only lags behind on ST boss fights. BM also has utility in a way of lust or brez.
    Admittedly I don't play hunter, but I've been told mm is the way to go. The logs seem to agree. A handful of parses for mm are at +15, but you have to go down to +13 to see a bm. Maybe they're pretty close though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=15&metric=dps

Deleted
    BM is better for mythic +.. MM is better for EN

MM aoe is far more dangerous unless you are very careful.. and even then your gonna pull the odd seagull/adds which can cause problems.

BM has far better sustained aoe

Also once BM gets its 26th trait the single target is very close

I'll be going BM until 18 points then switching to MM for raids and higher M+ when I have the gear to outdamage BM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Thats just sad argumentation.
    Yeah, if your bad enough to pull a bunch of seagulls with barrage then you won't be pushing any high m+ anyway