Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A "secret project" to me suggests something other than a current-IP sequel or spin off- so it wouldn't be the next Starcraft or Diablo installments, for example.

If I had to guess, it's going to be another instance of Blizzard trying to get into another genre- they're recently expanded into the CCG, MOBA, and FPS genres after being heavily RTS, Adventure, and MMO focused for a long time. Each of those new projects were held under fairly tight wraps until announced. Who knows what they'd be targeting, though.

I doubt a new project is a new MMO, RTS, or Adventure game, though, as they already have those on lock. As much as we bemoan the death of WoW, MMOs in general are losing popularity these days, and Blizzard wouldn't want to compete with one of their still-successful flagship titles.

It will be some crappy Dark Souls clone set in Diablo's universe with unbalanced pvp mechanics and Activison-style microtransactions.

People will buy it because brainwashing marketing hype, a well done yet terribly cliché cinematic video, Diablo fans nostalgia and blindfold corporate fanboyism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    Tom is leaving wow to work on a new project within blizzard so ye its speculation time for what it is.The majority think its a new IP mmo or a diablo mmo
    Thanks.

I would want a action combat diablo RPG.
    Or even better a exploration adventure RPG but no way in hell that is going to happen

I know it won't happen, I know it is nothing but a pipedream of mine.

I know they would never do it, because there is no continual revenue stream like in WoW/Hearthstone.

But I would love a single player RPG based anytime within the Warcraft lore, you could do a single game on Karazhan alone.

But with no way to continually monetise it, it would fall by the wayside, like D3 has in recent times.

Deleted
    Blizzard is going to release a "sure thing" not some niche audience.
    They already have a FPS, MOBA, TCG, RTS, MMO...and i dont believe for a second is a solo RPG adventure.

So maybe a game like Lost Ark Online?

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Your reply makes no sense..

The entire game of Diablo III is a raid, you are almost always in a party. There is always a new season with new content. Rifts are group content. Go back to class. The only thing you had right is the gear progression.
    Everything in Diablo 3 is group content. That means that nothing in Diablo 3 is group content. All content is content for all. All content was designed as solo content. Would you refer to PvP as raid content just because you're in a raid group? No.

I played through the entirety of D3 and RoS solo, so... yeah, not a party, not a raid. Would you consider a soloable rare mob to be group content just because you brought a few friends to kill it? I sure hope not.

Seasons aren't new content. They're the equivalent of making an alt of a character you already have. You're playing the exact same game. The conquest achievements are for the content that's always been in the game, so there's nothing new there. If you've played one season, you've played them all.

Go back to class? Way to assume that I'm a kid. You realize that playing that card sort of defeats your argument, right? If you have to resort to insults, then your points are clearly lacking. And you couldn't even get your insult right, since I'm an adult.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'd love a a VR Survival Horror game, but that would be way out of their usually target audience.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Even if they rush out an announcement next year... you're talking a 2020 sequel to a 2012 release.
    And Diablo III is done.
    if diablo 3 is done then i guess they lied when they said they had 2 expansions planned for diablo 3 years ago.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I'm calling it: It's going to be a Lost Vikings remake.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    I'm calling it: It's going to be a Lost Vikings remake.
    Lost Vikings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Lost Vikings 2
    Already exists . I still have it for my Saturn I had as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Vikings_2

i hope it's world of diablo. diablo's world is perfect for a three faction mmo.

they also got rid of any reason for humans to be weaker than angels or demons. if they set it in the not-so-distant future, humans will almost be nephalem again and the average human soldier should at least be on par with the average angel and demon soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Already exists . I still have it for my Saturn I had as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Vikings_2
    lost vikings: now with more ale?

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't double dip into the same market. They got MMO, RTS, TCG, ARPG, FPS, MOBA. What popular genre is missing that has potential to draw in a large new audience? Sports? Racing? It'll probably be aimed at a casual market, nothing advanced, grab your controller and just play sort of thing. If it's a new IP I'm gonna guess it's a Mario Kart spin-off with Blizzard Universe characters.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2016-10-14 at 12:48 AM.

Lost Vikings remake.

World of Hearthstonecraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm it's very exciting to think of the possibilities!

As much as some people want WoW2, I don't believe Blizzard would head in that direction, we saw how "successful" EQ2 was. I believe they'll continue to update graphics in game as they currently have.(ex. Water, distance, models. Slowly move the bar up from Toaster on dial-up to modern computer with meh wifi connection)

World of Diablo sounds interesting... as @derpkitteh mentioned three factions is possible, very DAoC approach. Seems very sucessful as a ARPG though.
    World of Starcraft is a dream that many of us have wanted for a while since that pic was introduced. SC seems to be doing fine as a RTS.

Some others have also mentioned remakes of classics, WC I, II, and III, Diablo I and II, Lost Vikings, etc... Possible, but I don't know if Blizz would move Tom for a remake.

I think people are on the right track of Blizz wanting to expand into each style of gaming. I think it'll be an original title though.

Personally hoping for a either a mobile or VR game. That or WoW team has figured out how to implement VR into WoW(keep the dream alive!).

But a raise of my glass to everyone having fun and speculating! Skål!
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I doubt a new project is a new MMO, RTS, or Adventure game, though, as they already have those on lock. As much as we bemoan the death of WoW, MMOs in general are losing popularity these days, and Blizzard wouldn't want to compete with one of their still-successful flagship titles.
    This.

I know this is MMO-C and most posters here are fans of the genre, but the mainstream no longer cares about MMOs. They are perceived as too grindy and too time consuming for that endless carrot on the stick.

I am sure Blizzard knew this and that's why they canceled the Titan project and morphed it into Overwatch.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    lol new project

get ready to shell out 60 bucks for diablo 4, play it for 2 months and stop forever.
    meanwhile the average diablo player played 2 months to start, then comes back for a month each 6 months forever
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Diablo 4 or Diablo base MMO just like Lost ark (watch gameplay videos)

10/10 would buy